Backstage's Theater audition listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Reh: 8/4 - approx 8/20 Tech/ preview in Clemson, SC approx 8/20 - 8/30 Open: 9/2 /14 in Dallas ,TX Close: 3/22/15 in Costa Mesa, CA Layoff dates: 10/27/14 -1/18/14 (12 weeks total) Note: Layoffs will be unpaid weeks but producer will travel actors back to point of origin then back to the tour.
- Auditions: Mar 20 in New York, NY
NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT Non Equity National Tour - Dancer call Music/Lyrics: George and Ira Gershwin Book: Joe DiPietro (inspired by material by P.G. Wodehouse & Guy Bolton) Producer: Work Light Productions, LLC Director/ Choreographer: David Eggers - based on the original concept of Kathleen Marshall Music ...28 minutes ago
- Rehearsals TBD in Chicago, IL. Tech May 19, show May 21.
- Auditions: Apr 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting New Play Development Showcase. Project description: "Each playwright and director team will work on finessing the 10-15 minutes of a brand new play that needs legs - you. This is a wonderful opportunity to help new works. Some shows will have adult themes and language."36 minutes ago
- Rehearsals will be held weekly on Tuesday evenings and Saturday afternoons beginning in April.Show dates are Fridays and Saturdays, May 30 & 31 and June 6 & 7 at 8 p.m. in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 22, 25 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Hey Jackass - You're Rich!", a world premiere one-act play by Jeremy Pautz. Project description: "a darkly comic tale of a self-improvement seminar gone terribly wrong."47 minutes ago
- Starts rehearsals around July 7, runs August 8 through September 6 in Chicago, IL. Rehearses weekday evenings, weekend days until opening
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Coraline," a musical. Project description: "the Chicago premiere of the Stephin Merritt and David Greenspan musical, based on the Neil Gaiman fantasy novel of the same name."57 minutes ago
- Rehearsals: May 26 - June 20 Performances: June 20-22, June 27-29
- Seeking submissions from: Barnard, VT; New York, NY
A down-and out skid row floral assistant becomes an overnight sensation when he discovers an exotic plant with a mysterious craving for fresh blood. Soon "Audrey II" grows into an ill-tempered, foul-mouthed, R&B-singing carnivore who offers him fame and fortune in exchange for feeding its growing appetite, finally revealing itself ...1 hours ago
- Shows ongoing in New York, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Beautiful," a musical. Project description: "Long before she was Carole King, chart-topping music legend, she was Carol Klein, Brooklyn girl with passion and chutzpah. She fought her way into the record business as a teenager and, by the time she reached her twenties, had the husband of her dreams ...2 hours ago
- Tuesday March 25th 2014 6pm TAJ LOUNGE 48 west 21st Street NYC
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Dinner Theatre Season Three Episode Seven11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 19; performs June 16-22 and June 24-28 at The Gene Frankel Theatre in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 29, 31 in New York, NY
Casting "Becket," by Jean Anouilh and translated by Lucienne Hill. Synopsis: "Becket" is a re-enactment of the conflicts between King Henry II and Thomas Becket as the latter (Henry's best friend) ascends to power, becoming the King’s enemy. Becket begins as a clever, but hedonistic, companion; as a result of ...12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin March 31. Performances May 16 - June 1 in Martinez, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 23, 24 in Martinez, CA
Casting the play "Shipwrecked! An Entertainment, The Amazing Adventures Of Louis De Rougemont (As Told By Himself)." Project description: "The breathless story of a Victorian gentleman whose colorful past as a seafaring wanderer springs to life like a theatrical pop-up book; a late 19th century story about storytelling and the ...14 hours ago
- Rehearsals in September. Opens November in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting the theater production "Three Tall Women." Production description: "As an imperious, acerbic old woman lies dying, she is tended by two other women and visited by a young man."15 hours ago
- Performances May 9 - 11, in Pittsburg, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 17, 18 in Pittsburg, CA
Casting the murder mystery play "The Mousetrap." Project description: "A group of strangers is stranded in a boarding house during a snow storm, one of whom is a murderer."15 hours ago