Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Works at Walt Disney World near Orlando, FL.
- Auditions: Jun 22, in Kissimmee, FL
Seeking male and female actors for "For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration." Synopsis: Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff lead the audience through a retelling of the story of the animated hit "Frozen."11 minutes ago
- Pop up individual events an ongoing basis in New York City for the next two years.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Wanted: Actors and Performer/Educators to join a company of artists as “Mavens” who will bring Torah (bible) stories to life. Lab/Shul is an everybody friendly, artist-driven, experimental community for sacred Jewish gatherings based in NYC, reaching the world (more here:www.labshul.org). Lab/Shul is auditioning new Storahtelling Mavens to join the ranks ...23 minutes ago
- One TBD rehearsal in NYC; shows are June 13 & 30. Shows are ongoing on a per-gig basis.
- Seeking submissions from: Highland Mills, NY; New York, NY
Seeking immediate replacements for the comedy "Ira and Isabella's Jewish Italian Comedy Wedding." Synopsis: You're part of the family at Ira and Isabella's wedding. Dance the tarantalla and the hora! Dysfunction and chaos at its best!49 minutes ago
- Performs May 29 & 30 w/ several other dates available year around in NYC and NJ area.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; Brooklyn, NY
Seeking funny actresses to perform solo and two-person shows at schools and special events.56 minutes ago
- Rehearses June 1-July 26 at the University of Maryland campus, College Park, MD; runs July 11-26 at the Brookland Artspace Lofts Studio during the Capital Fringe Festival (weekend dates with one Wednesday afternoon), Washington, D.C.
- Auditions: May 28, 29 in College Park, MD
Seeking two to four actors age 18+ for roles in Good Egg Community Theatre's devised piece for kids. Roles will involve developing the stories with the cast as well as acting.2 hours ago
- Rehearses June 9 (2:30-4:30 p.m.); reading is June 9 (7 p.m.) at CAP21, NYC.
- Auditions: Jun 3 in New York, NY
Casting "Music From Big Dead," a play by Donna Kaz for the ARTC Spring Reading Series.2 hours ago
- Rehearses July 15-29 in Waterbury, CT; preview performances July 30-31 at Mattatuck Museum Performance Arts Center. Tours to Guilford, CT with technical rehearsals Aug. 3-4 and performances Aug. 5-9 (dates subject to change) One additional tour date on Aug. 29 at McLaughlin Vineyard in Newtown, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: Hartford, CT; New York, NY; Boston, MA
Casting Shakesperience Productions' "The Comedy of Errors," to be presented at the 14th Annual Shakespeare on the Shoreline in Guilford, CT, directed by artistic director Emily Mattina.2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin on or about July 10; production is part of the Theater for the New City's Dream Up Festival, which runs Aug. 30-Sept. 20 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jun 18, 20 in New York City, NY
Seeking African American actors for one-acts. Each actor will be in two or three of the five plays. Plays range from comedic to dramatic to surreal.3 hours ago
- Rehearses via video clips of show and director's guidance; seeking quick-study learners. Show is ongoing at St. Luke's Theatre, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; New York, NY
Casting the ongoing off-off-Broadway musical comedy "The Jackie Mason Musical."10 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin within the wk. of May 28 for a four-day competition (six days if the play is selected to enter the finals) in late June in NYC. Actors must commit to all rehearsals and performances, including dress rehearsal prior to the competition.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Commuters," a one-act play to be featured in an upcoming New York short play competition. Synopsis: A grim look at the distance people place between themselves in today’s technologically-obsessed culture of “more is more” and “now isn’t soon enough.”11 hours ago
- Rehearsals throughout August (possibly beginning at the very end of July, availability permitting) in a rehearsal space in Brooklyn, NY; performances will be held Aug. 24, 26, & 29 in competition in the Thespis Festival at the Hudson Guild Theater.
- Auditions: May 30, 31, in Brooklyn, NY
Casting "The Hundred Acre Wood," a play premiere of a new take on the world of Pooh, and a black comedy about a college-age Christopher Robin who discovers that the home you come back to won't always be the home you remember. Or the home you want. Or the home ...14 hours ago
- FringeNYC runs Aug. 14-30 (five-six performances TBD) in NYC.
- Auditions: Jun 6 in Long Island City, NY
Seeking one male and one female actor for "For Now," a play to be staged at the 2015 NYC International Fringe Festival. Both actors should be in their thirties.15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 19 (rehearsals are typically Mon.-Fri., early eves., and all day Sat.); runs last wk. of July-Aug. 1 at the Tongva Native American Amphitheatre Heritage Park, 12100 Mora Dr., Santa Fe Springs, CA.
- Auditions: Jun 6, 7 in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Casting "Jesus Christ Superstar" for Santa Fe Springs Community Playhouse's 29th Season. All roles open; all ages considered.15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 6-July 31; runs Aug. 13-16 & Aug. 20-23 in CT.
- Auditions: Jun 12, 13 in Norwich, CT
Casting "25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" as part of The Chestnut Street Playhouse's 2015 season, “What Does it Mean to…?” Director states: "Discover What it means to achieve in this hilarious and touching Tony Award and Drama Desk Award winning production."16 hours ago
- Performs June 30 (7:30-9 p.m.) at the Horton Grand Theater in downtown San Diego.
- Auditions: May 31 in San Diego, CA
Seeking actors to bring to life the 10 winning works from 2015 Memoir Writers Competition at The 2015 San Diego Memoir Writer's Showcase. Readings will be 5-7 minutes long, primarily monologues.16 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 28, 2015; runs Jan. 22-Feb. 14, 2016 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Jun 8 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting "#TheRevolution" by Kristoffer Diaz.16 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; previews begin Nov. 10 in Sarasota, FL.
- Auditions: Jun 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 in New York City, NY
Casting "West Side Story" with music by Leonard Bernstein, lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, and book by Arthur Laurents.16 hours ago