Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Pasadena Playhouse Rehearsal begin Dec. 28, 2015 (New York) and Jan. 12, 2016 (Pasadena); runs Jan. 26-Feb. 21 with a possible extension through Feb. 28 in Pasadena, CA. New Victory Rehearsals begin Mar. 8, 2016; runs Mar. 10-27 in NY. Crossroads rehearsals begin Apr. 1, 2016; runs Apr. 6-24 in NY.
- Auditions: Oct 19 in New York City, NY
Casting "Fly," by Trey Ellis and Ricardo Khan.8 minutes ago
- Location: Edgemar Center for the Arts Rehearsal and production dates: Rehearsal will begin in 2 weeks but the specific dates are not set yet.
- Seeking submissions from: Santa Monica, CA
Seeking multi-faceted and passionate male improvisational actors, male dancers, and male singers for “The Night of the Black Cat,” a musical. Rehearsals begin in mid Oct; opens mid-November at the Edgemar Center for the Arts in Santa Monica, CA.14 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 19, 2016; runs May 19, 2016-Jun. 19, 2016. (Opening night May 28, 2016.)
- Auditions: Oct 18, 19 in San Diego, CA
Casting "Stupid Fucking Bird," an irreverent, contemporary, and very funny remix of Chekhov's "The Seagull," in which an aspiring young director rampages against the art created by his mother's generation, a nubile young actress wrestles with an aging Hollywood star for the affections of a renowned novelist, and everyone discovers ...21 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 5, 2016; runs Feb. 3-Apr. 10 or 17 in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 23, in San Francisco, CA
Casting dancers who sing for "The Unfortunates" written Jon Beavers, Kristoffer Diaz, Casey Hurt, Ian Merrigan, and Ramiz Monsef.37 minutes ago
- Rehearsals January 2016 in Boston, MA; tour runs February-June 1, 2016.
- Auditions: Oct 20 in New York, NY
Casting a national non-Equity tour featuring dramatic adaptations of 19th-century literature.2 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Oct 19, 20 in Houston, TX
Casting the Main Street Theatre 2015-2016 season. Season includes "Love and Information" (Carol Churchill, writer. Runs Jan. 18, 2016-Mar. 6); "1946" (Tom Hagemann, writer. Runs Feb. 29-Apr. 17, 2016); "Working" a musical (Runs Apr. 18-June 12, 2016); and a TBA summer production (Runs June 20-Aug. 14, 2016).2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 15; runs Dec. 19-27 in St. Petersburg, FL.
- Auditions: Oct 19 in St. Petersburg, FL
Casting Equity actors for various roles in a live radio play, "It's a Wonderful Life."2 hours ago
- Runs Feb. 29-Aug. 21, 2016, opening in Paris, France at the Theatre du Chatelet; then the Cologne Philharmonic in Germany; then London, England at Sadler’s Wells Theatre. Note: the run in Paris will be performed entirely in Spanish.
- Auditions: Oct 10 in New York, NY
Casting Spanish speakers of all levels for the international tour of "Carmencita Jones, El Amor Cubano," a new musical inspired by Oscar Hammerstein’s legendary production of "Carmen Jones." This reimagining is set in Cuba in 1958 just before the revolution and will be performed in both Spanish and English.2 hours ago
- Season runs in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Auditions: Oct 19 in New York, NY
Casting Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre 2016 season. Season includes "Sister Act" (Rehearsals begin Jan. 31, 2016; runs through Mar. 26, 2016), "Guys & Dolls" (Rehearsals begin Mar. 19, 2016; runs through May 15, 2016), "Beauty And The Beast" (Rehearsals begin May 7, 2016; runs through Jul. 10, 2016), "Church ...3 hours ago