Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Callbacks: May 9th 2015 in NYC Rehearsals begin May 11th 2015 in NYC Show is May 31st 2015 at 2pm at Tada Theatre in NYC
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
The Tale of Chef Kale has been accepted into the New Works Series festival featuring new work and works in progress. There will be one performance on May 31st at 2pm. This workshop involves a short 3 week (16 hrs a week) commitment full of collaboration, prompted devising, improvisation, team ...1 hours ago
- Auditions will be held April 30th from 1-3 at NOLA Studios in Studio 7 on the 5th floor. Please bring 16-32 bars of CLASSIC musical theatre or gospel. (Score resembles the style of Ahrens and Flaherty, Stephen Schwartz, Rodgers and Hammerstein) Please no rock/pop. Accompanist will be provided. Please bring current headshot/resume and sheet music.
- Auditions: Apr 30 in New York, NY
Synopsis: A completely original full length musical, Freedom’s Song tells the story of an interracial family living during the Civil War era. Martha, a white woman and Cyrus a black slave flee Georgia to seek safety in Pennsylvania only to have Cyrus taken away by slave catchers leaving Martha and ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals are Tuesdays (4:30-8:30pm), Thursdays (4:30-8:30pm) and Saturdays (6-10pm); STARTING THIS SATURDAY, April 25th! 5/20 TECH-Producer's Club Rehearsal Venue: Montgomery Gardens 104 Montgomery Street BTW Washington Ave. & Franklin Ave. (on the Museum Side of Eastern Parkway) Buzzer #6 Performances:(8) May 21st-22nd 7:30 pm May 23rd 2 pm & 7:30 pm May 28th-29th 7:30 pm May 30th 2 pm & 7:30 pm Producer's Club GRAND THEATRE 358 West 44th St New York, NY 10036
- Auditions: Apr 23 in New York City, NY
Abstract Sentiment Theatre Co. presents, "What Happened to the Dollar" written by Sam Graber, our Resident Playwright to be performed at the Producer's Club this May! Directed by: Vincent Scott A small team of online gamers creates a virtual currency that turns into real-world money, destabilizes the global banking system ...2 hours ago
- May 17th -- 28th - Rehearsal (Mon -- Thurs evenings 6pm -- 10:30pm, Sundays 10am – 6pm) May 31st -- TECH -- Time TBD June 1st & 2nd -- Dress Rehearsal (6pm - 10:30pm) Performances: Monday, June 8, 2015 - PREVIEW - 8:30 PM - 10:00 PM Saturday, June 13, 2015 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM Thursday, June 25, 2015 10:00 PM - 11:30 PM Saturday, June 27, 2015 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Sunday, June 28, 2015 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Shakespeare(ish) is twisted love poetry, puppet prophesy, and masked mayhem set to a wicked sword-fighting beat. The Rogues bring their signature “whirligig of ferocious creativity” (LA Weekly) to Shakespeare’s iconic canon in a remix that will make the Bard roll over in, and out of, his grave. Last year Shakespeare(ish) ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning April. Performance May 3, in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting the musical "The Paper Raincoat." Production description: "Among her estranged father's effects after his death, Grace discovers a decades-old sheaf of her own creative writing - a long-abandoned ambition. But as Grace starts to write a fantasy version of her own history, she begins to lose her hold on ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals ASAP Show dates May 2nd, May 8th, May 9th, May 15th and May 16th
- Seeking submissions from: Woodland Hills, CA
Casting "Circus Flood," a musical. Synopsis: A band reunites after seven years apart for a special tribute show for a member who passed away. The remaining members get together for one rehearsal before the big show and, as everyone tries to remember their parts, old tensions flare up and old ...3 hours ago
- Intensive Workshops (2 weeks) Wednesdays, 7-10 PM, May 6, May 13 Rehearsals (8 weeks) Wednesdays, 7-10 PM, May 20-July 8 These 8 weeks will be rehearsals exclusive to Fugue. Performances (6 weeks) Fridays and Saturdays, 8:30 PM, July 10-August 15 LOCATION: Pendulum Space (1803 W. Byron St. Suite 216) http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050e4eadaf2eaa8-fugue2
- Auditions: Apr 29, May 3 in Chicago, IL
Theatre Momentum is holding auditions for our upcoming production, "FUGUE", on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 and Sunday, May 3, 2015. We are seeking to cast 6-7 players. These auditions are a little different than your average audition, and we think this will be a great way to get to know ...4 hours ago
- Rehearsals to begin in June; runs Fridays-Sundays from Aug. 21-Sept. 27 at The Pico Playhouse in L.A.
- Auditions: May 13, 16, 17 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Assassins," a musical that lays bare the lives of nine individuals who assassinated or tried to assassinate the President of the United States, in a one-act historical "review-sical" that explores the dark side of the American experience. From John Wilkes Booth to Lee Harvey Oswald, writers Stephen Sondheim and ...6 hours ago
- Runs July 11-Aug. 15 in Long Beach, CA.
- Auditions: May 5, 6 in Long Beach, CA
Casting "Jesus Christ Superstar," a rock-opera that takes a sometimes irreverent, always impassioned, look at Jesus’ last days. As Judas begins to question the motivations and methods of his friend and mentor, emotion and true belief are put to the test. Company states: "'Jesus Christ Superstar' illuminates the transcendent power ...7 hours ago