Backstage's Theater audition listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Reading will take place either in late April or early May, at a gorgeous villa in Pasadena, CA. Rehearsal locations will vary.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; North Hollywood, CA; Pasadena, CA; Hollywood, CA
Casting, "The Legend of Bonny Anne Bonny", a new play. Anne Bonny was a real person, a pyrate, as notoriously brutal as she was beautiful. Hers is a tale of intrigue, romance, adventure, betrayal, violence, sex, drinking, cursing, gambling, singing and sword-fighting; a tribute to Rogues, Knaves, Whores and Fools. ...2 hours ago
- Rehearses in mid-December, in Shoreline, WA. Production will be one day in December, in Vancouver, B.C.
- Seeking submissions from: Shoreline, WA; Seattle, WA
Casting actor to play Hercules in one performance of the children's show "Hercules and the Golden Apple." Project description: "Last Leaf offers programs for young audiences, and this fun and fanciful adaptation of one of Hercules' many labors features riddles, puns, and puzzles as our hero pursues his quest to ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 8, 2014; runs July 31-Aug. 17, 2014 in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: Dec 22, 23 in St. Louis, MO
Casting "Quills."4 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 15; opens tentatively Feb. 15, 2014 in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 19 in New York, NY
Casting "Sordid Lives" by Del Shores.6 hours ago
- Rehearses early February; runs mid-February-May 2014 at various locations in the Tri-State Area.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting two 45-minute fast-paced and audience-interactive children's plays, "Johnny Appleseed" and "Ben Franklin," which will tour libraries and schools.7 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 3; runs Feb. 12-March 16, 2014 in Jacksonville, FL.
- Auditions: Jan 7 in Jacksonville, FL
Casting "I Ought to be in Pictures." Richard Karn will play the role of Herb.7 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin March 17; runs March 26-April 27 in Jacksonville, FL.
- Auditions: Jan 6 in Jacksonville, FL
Casting "The Color Purple."7 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD; tentative performance Jan. 5, 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "What Does It Mean to be an American?," a play about immigration which revolves around a Mexican woman.21 hours ago
- Rehearses Jan. 11-Feb. 6 at 270 E. Bonita Ave., Pomona, CA; runs Feb. 7-March 16 at The Candlelight Pavilion, 455 W. Foothill Blvd, Claremont, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 30 in Claremont, CA
Casting "My Fair Lady," the story of the over-confident Professor Higgins and his experiment that attempts to transform a cockney girl, Eliza, into a proper-speaking lady. Higgins and his friend Colonel Pickering make great progress with the girl and even take her to the horse races and a grand ball. ...23 hours ago
- Rehearses Dec. 6 at 5:30 p.m.; event runs Dec. 7, 8:30-9:30 p.m. in Queens, NY,
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting an actor to play Thor at an Avengers stage combat show and ongoing gigs throughout the year.yesterday
- Currently running at the Jerry Orbach Theater at the Snapple Theater Center in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 17 in New York, NY
Casting possible future replacements for "The Fantasticks."yesterday
- Rehearses and performs in Hollywood, CA.
- Auditions: Jan 11 in L.A., CA
Seeking new members for the Neo Ensemble Theatre dues paying company. Artistic Director's statement: "Based in Hollywood, we are in our 18th year, producing 2-3 main stage projects each year, as well as 8 of our signature Monolog Festivals, plus an industry-attended 'Best Of The Best.'"yesterday
- Rehearses January 2014; opens Jan. 28, 2014 in Brooklyn; tours till March 12, 2014 in Manhattan, Bronx, and Queens, NY. Note: Rehearsals and performances are weekdays with some weekend dates.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Brooklyn, NY
Casting "The African Drum." Personnel states: "The Shadow Box Theatre, multi-ethnic children's musical puppet repertory company, seeks singer/actor/dancers for "The African Drum.""yesterday
- Cast members are required to perform in two Sun. shows a month; tech and rehearsals Wed. night, Sat. & Sun. morning & Sun. afternoon; performances take place at the Second City Studio Theatre in Hollywood, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 14 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting “TMI Hollywood,” a weekly live show that parodies "TMZ" and the entertainment and pop culture stories they cover. Producer states: “It’s a new show each week, so cast members are required to learn new material in a short period of time. Each week a guest star joins us; past ...yesterday