Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals for the staged reading begin March 13 in Park Slope Brooklyn. Performance is at 1:00pm on Saturday April 11, 2015. We will be seeking funding to tour a full scale production to Parks, Libraries and Schools in the tri-state area in the summer and fall of 2015. There will be a stipend for the touring production. Rehearsals for the full scale production will begin 4 weeks before the first performance date.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting the roles of King Lear, The Fool and Kent for a staged reading at a library in the West Village.2 hours ago
- Rehearse the month of april weeknights and weekends, not all actors need to be present for every rehearsal. Show runs early may exact dates TBD. Eight shows total.
- Seeking submissions from: new york, NY
Casting The Motherfucker With The hat, production in NYC3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 26; runs June 11-21 in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Mar 28, 29 in Houston, TX
Casting "First Date," a musical.19 hours ago
- Currently running on tour, starting in NY.
- Auditions: Apr 9, in New York, NY
Seeking dancers for "Newsies!" the musical.21 hours ago
- Runs Apr. 17-19 in NYC & Philadelphia.
- Seeking submissions from: Bucks County, PA; NJ; NY; DE; Philadelphia, PA; CT
Seeking crew for "Hold On," a staged reading and workshop for a musical that depicts the realistic struggles of a gay singer song-writer, his obstacles, and seemingly unattainable quest for happiness and equality. The soundtrack features 13 incredible songs by the Canadian Hall of Fame rock band, "Triumph." While Triumph ...22 hours ago
- Season rehearses and runs in Sarasota, FL.
- Auditions: Mar 23, 30 in Sarasota, FL
Casting Banyan Theater's upcoming 2015 season, consisting of three plays: "Art" (Julian Olf, dir. Rehearsals begin June 2; runs June 25-July 12); "The Amish Project" (Gary Olson, dir. Rehearsals begin June 23; runs July 16-Aug. 2); and "My Old Lady" (Don Walker, dir. Rehearsals begin July 14; runs Aug. 6-23).22 hours ago
- Year-round, full-time position. Venues are located in Pigeon Forge, TN and Branson, MO.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede." The Dixie Stampede is a large arena dinner show with 1000-seat venues in Pigeon Forge, TN and Branson, MO. It features equestrian entertainment combined with down-home humor and large-scale musical production numbers.23 hours ago
- "Damn Yankees" rehearsals begin May 27; runs June 17-July 19. "South Pacific" rehearsals begin July 2; runs July 22-Aug. 30; "The Fantasticks" rehearsals begin Aug. 13; runs Sept. 2-Oct. 4. All rehearsals and performances are in Boiling Springs, PA.
- Auditions: Mar 9 in New York, NY
Seeking nonunion talent for Allenberry Playhouse's 2015 Season is having an open call for Non-Equity performers for its 2015 season. Artistic director states: "Allenberry is entering it's 66th season of continuous operation. Single show and multiple show contracts available. Good old fashioned summer stock with four to six-week runs, two-and-a-half ...23 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 9; previews begin Apr. 18; opens Apr. 25 (Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m.; Sun. matinee Apr. 26 at 2 p.m.; June 7 at 2 p.m.) at The Odyssey Theatre, L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "63 Trillion," a play. Cast includes Jack Stehlin, Robert Cicchini, Dave Florek, Jeffrey Jones, Megan Gallagher, and Ken Lerner. Synopsis: When global financial markets go radioactive, a room full of sharks fight for survival, willing to do anything to win. Managing director states: "A world premiere comedy by award-winning ...yesterday
- Each production rehearses for ten days, and then gives seven or eight performances in the 2100-seat indoor Concert Hall in the Century II performing arts center, Wichita, KS.
- Auditions: Mar 17 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity actor/singers for leading roles in five large-scale productions for Music Theatre Wichita's summer season. Season includes: "Aida" (Elton John and Tim Rice, writers; Mark Madama, dir.; Andrew Palermo, choreo. Rehearsals begin June 1; runs June 10-14); Disney's "My Son Pinocchio" (Wayne Bryan, dir.; Amy Baker Schwiethale, choreo. Rehearsals ...yesterday
- Rehearsal dates TBD; production dates begin May 16 (two Saturdays/month through the summer) in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Mar 7 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting "Urban Noir Project," an edgy narrative, docu-drama for the stage featuring characters and historical figures from African American history, past to present. Producer states: "The project will tour the city of Philadelphia in small theater locations. This is an excellent opportunity for an actor to receive exposure, career-building, and ...yesterday
- Reading takes place Mar. 30-Apr. 3 in NYC; rehearsals begin Apr. 28 in NYC; runs May 30-June 21, with possible ext. through June 28 in Red Bank, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: Red Bank, NJ; New York, NY
Casting "Be More Chill." Synopsis: Jeremy Heere is just your average dork trying to survive life in his suburban New Jersey high school. When he swallows a pill-sized supercomputer called "The Squip" that promises to bring him everything he desires most, he is transformed from complete geek to the coolest ...Feb 17
- All productions rehearse and perform in Topanga, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Topanga, CA
Casting the 2015 Season for Will Greer's Theatricum Botanicum. Season includes: "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (Shakespeare, playwright; Melora Marshall & Willow Geer, dirs. Rehearsals begin Apr. 9); "As You Like It" (Shakespeare, playwright; Ellen Geer, dir. Rehearsals begin Apr. 15); "To Kill a Mockingbird" (Christopher Sergel, play adaptation; Ellen Geer, ...Feb 04
- Rehearsals begin on or about June 1 in NYC; tech begins on or about June 27 in Cooperstown, NY; performances begin on or around July 4 in Cooperstown, NY. Note: There may be a break between NYC rehearsals and the start of rehearsals in Cooperstown.
- Auditions: Mar 5 in New York, NY
Casting "Stars and Strikes," a musical revue. "Stars & Strikes" is a new musical comedy revue that will debut at the Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame. This fun filled and inspiring ode to America’s greatest sport will feature baseball themed songs and sketches celebrating America’s favorite pastime. It may even ...yesterday