Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals for Princess Cabaret: Oct. 10-14/Performances Oct. 15-17 @8pm. Rehearsals for Sidekick Cabaret: Oct. 17-21/Performances Oct. 22-24 @8pm. Rehearsals for Disney Villains: Swingin' on the Rocks: Oct. 24-28/Performances Oct. 29th-31 @8pm.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting: Enthusiastic, Youthful Disney lovers for three nights of Disney music magic. The three cabarets consist of: Princesses, Sidekicks, and Villains. Each category will get three respective nights in the month of October.2 hours ago
- Rehearses weekday mornings and afternoons, Sept. 6-Nov. 2; runs Nov. 3-22 in Brooklyn, NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 6, 9 in Brooklyn, NY
Casting "Untameable," an immersive diamond heist play that follows the story of two young women: one trying to repatriate an old jewel and the other, trying to keep old nemeses at bay. The audience is free to wander the space and pick which side of the story to follow. "Untameable" ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin December 1, at Civic Rep, in Seattle, WA. Performances run in January 2016, at Civic Rep, in Seattle, WA.
- Auditions: Aug 1 in Seattle, WA
Casting the play, "The Trojan Women." Project description: "A contemporary adaptation of Euripides' ancient anti-war play."5 hours ago
- "99 Ways to Fuck a Swan" runs September 25-October 17, "The Motherfucker with the Hat" runs January 15-February 1, 2016, "The Things Are Against Us" runs April 29-May 16, 2016, at Washington Ensemble Theatre, in Seattle, WA.
- Auditions: Aug 24 in Seattle, WA
Washington Ensemble Theater is casting is 2015-16 season. Project description: "Washington Ensemble Theater is holding general auditions for their 12th season, 'The Cruel Hearts Club,' including productions, '99 Ways to Fuck a Swan,' 'The Motherfucker with the Hat,' 'The Things Are Against Us,' and a variety of staged readings and ...7 hours ago
- Performances for "The Call" run February 4-21, 2016. Performances for "Blue Door" run April 7-24, 2016. All performances are at Profile Theatre in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: Aug 15, 16 in Portland, OR
Casting the play,s "Blue Door" and "The Call." Project description: "Both productions are being presented as part of the 2016 Tanya Barfield Season."7 hours ago
- Performance Nov. 14, in San Jose, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Sunnyvale, CA
Casting for the character of Albert Einstein for a one-night performance, in San Jose, CA.8 hours ago
- Callbacks Sept. 22-23, in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 20, 21 in Santa Cruz, CA
Casting for 2016's 8 Tens @ 8 Festival, featuring 8 ten-minute plays. Project description: "Eight awarded short plays, from our annual national playwriting contest, are performed and directed by some of the best the Santa Cruz theatre community has to offer."9 hours ago
- Rehearses weekly on Sat. and Wed. beginning in September; runs Feb. 8-21 at HERE Arts Center in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking five writer/actors and five writer/dancers/movers for Girl Be Heard's 2015-2016 main stage show "Embodi(ED)," a documentary theatre and dance piece addressing the issue of eating disorders and the $55 billion dollar diet industry. Based on interviews with people of all ages and all genders conduced by Girl Be Heard ...9 hours ago
- Meets weekly on Sundays from 2-5 p.m. from September, 2015 through May, 2016 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking performers, songwriters, dancers, writers, and activists for Girl Be Heard, a theatre company that brings global issues affecting girls center stage by empowering young women to tell their stories. Through writing and acting workshops, Girl Be Heard generates cutting-edge theatre about what it means to be a girl in ...9 hours ago
- Tech & dress rehearsals Dec. 21 & 22 (required); musicians perform original music Dec. 18 at QED Astoria; runs Dec. 24, 26, 28, 29, and Jan. 1-3, 2016 at The Secret Theatre in Long Island City.
- Auditions: Sep 3, 4, 5 in New York, NY
Casting "Twelfth Night," a play with original music. Company states: "Shakespeare's Twelfth Night set in a present day jazz lounge and bar from New Year's Eve until Twelfth Night; lots of drinking, partying, and pranks ensue as the characters struggle between loneliness and that ever elusive quest to find love, ...21 hours ago
- Runs Aug. 27, 2-4 p.m. at A.R.T./New York - Spaces at 520, 520 Eighth Ave., 3rd Fl., New York, NY 10018.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; CT; PA
Seeking participants for an acting master class with Taylor Trensch (lead in "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time"). Class is limited to 15 actors. Participants will have the opportunity to perform a prepared contemporary monologue (no more than one minute) for Taylor and receive individual feedback directly ...yesterday
- Runs Oct. 9 and 10 at 7:30 p.m.; Oct. 15 and 17 at 7:30 p.m.; Oct. 18 at 2 p.m.; Oct. 22 and 24 at 7:30 p.m., and Oct. 25 at 2 p.m. in Allentown, PA.
- Auditions: Aug 18 in Allentown, PA
Casting "The Addams Family," a musical. Synopsis: Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and fallen in love with a sweet, smart young man from a respectable family – a man her parents have never met. And if that weren’t upsetting enough, Wednesday confides in her father ...yesterday