Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 5 (two to three rehearsals/wk.) in Newark, NJ; dress rehearsal Nov. 8 (10 a.m.-1 p.m.; dress rehearsal Nov. 15 (12-3 p.m.); runs Nov. 16 (3 p.m.) & Nov. 22 (9 p.m.), with a possible additional show on a weeknight prior to closing. Tech/dress and performances are at Manhattan Repertory Theatre, 303 W. 42nd St., NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 4 in Newark, NJ
Casting "DayMares and NightDreams," a play. Synopsis: A surreal tale about X and her Shadows told through monologue and verse, song and dance, movement and sound, unfurling the inner workings of a downward spiral through the lens of our protagonist and three alternate aspects of her character. The Shadows offer ...31 minutes ago
- Rehearses and runs in NY.
- Auditions: Oct 2, 3 in New York, NY
Casting "Rip Van Winkle," a two act, mature musical based on Washington Irving's classic tale of the Catskills.1 hours ago
- Currently runs Monday evenings at 6:30 p.m., three to four times a month through January 2015 in Manhattan, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; New York, NY
Casting "Casey: 30 Years Later!," a comedy play based on the cult horror film "Basket Case" by director/writer Frank Henenlotter. Released in 1982, this horror film tells the story of a young man who carries his deformed conjoined twin brother in a large basket while seeking vengeance on the doctors ...1 hours ago
- Rehearses and shoots early December in New York.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting “Antebellum,” a screwball musical comedy spoofing “Gone With The Wind”.3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 11; runs Dec. 3-28 in Laguna, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 9 in N. Hollywood, CA
Casting "Striking 12." Note: All actors, along with playing multiple roles, must be strong musicians who accompany the music.5 hours ago
- Rehearses and runs Dec. 1-15, 2015 at the Eugene O'Neil Theatre Center in CT.
- Auditions: Oct 13 in New York, NY
Casting "Home Sweet Home."4 hours ago
- Season rehearses and runs in Washington, D.C.
- Auditions: Oct 16, 17 in Washington, DC
Casting Washington Stage Guild's 2014-15 season. Season includes: "Pen" (David Marshall Grant, writer; Kasi Campbell, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; previews begin Oct. 30; press performance Nov. 1; closes Nov. 23, with possible extension to Dec. 7); "In Praise of Love" (Terence Rattigan, writer; Laura Giannarelli, dir. Rehearsals begin Dec. ...4 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 5; runs Jan. 17-Feb. 8 in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 15 in New York, NY
Casting five Equity actors to play all roles in "Romeo and Julie." Seeking all types and genders.5 hours ago
- "After the Revolution" rehearsals begin Jan. 20, 2015; runs Mar. 18-May 17. "4000 Miles" rehearsals begin Jan. 20; runs Apr. 1-May 24 in Baltimore, MD.
- Auditions: Oct 6, 7, 8 in New York, NY
Casting "4000 Miles" and "After the Revolution." Note: These plays will be performed in rep and some roles will be doubled.9 hours ago
- Rehearsals and performances TBA in Cincinnati, OH and Milwaukee, WI.
- Auditions: Oct 13, 14 in New York, NY
Casting "Peter and the Starcatcher." Synopsis: "When the insatiably curious Molly, a starcatcher in training, meets an orphan boy longing for a home, they embark on the adventure of a lifetime. A daring sea mission, not-so-swashbuckling pirates and singing mermaids combine for a magical Peter Pan prequel."5 hours ago