Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Production runs July 23-August 23, in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Jun 3, 4 in Houston, TX
Casting for the musical "Man of La Mancha." Project description: "This famous Broadway musical is inspired by Miguel de Cervantes and his seventeenth-century masterpiece Don Quixote."10 minutes ago
- Rehearsal is preferably on May 25, Monday any time between 8am-9pm or May 26, Tuesday 8am-Noon or 4.30-9pm Location will be in Old Town, Pasadena
- Seeking submissions from: Pasadena, CA; Los Angeles, CA; CA
Casting for a play called Love-Lies-Bleeding by Don DeLillo. The plot is about the effect of an artist’s, Alex Macklin, condition has on his son, Sean, and his fourth wife Lia. After a major second stroke, Alex is left in a persistent vegetative state, and the other characters gather to ...6 hours ago
- Around May 12- August 2
- Auditions: Jul 9, 16, 23 in Winona, MN
General company audition for Great River Shakespeare Festival's 2016 Summer Season. NOTE: Additional EQUITY auditions will be held in Minneapolis this fall, dates TBA9 hours ago
- Time commitment will be minimal, including only one informal table read, and one evening staged reading (late June 2015, exact date and performance venue TBD). Performance will take place in Montclair, NJ. Previous venues for the series include Montclair Women's Club and Van Vleck House & Gardens.
- Seeking submissions from: Montclair, NJ; New York, NY
A Midsummer Night's Dream Montclair Shakespeare Series Seeking actors (AEA/non-AEA), musicians, and a stage manager for a one-night concert reading of William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream to be performed in Montclair, NJ in a historic venue and accompanied by live acoustic music. Actors must be classically trained, have significant ...15 hours ago
- Development rehearsals are in progress in preparation for performances in 2015/2016 as part of an NYC festival, followed by a short Off-Broadway run funded by Kickstarter. During development, rehearsals will take place one to two times a month, usually in Brooklyn. Since this work thrives on collaboration, after an initial screening, we would like interested musicians to attend a 30 minute rehearsal in Manhattan (or Brooklyn if it suits!) to see if our sensibilities fit.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY; Manhattan, NY
Audition Notice: Musician Needed for Development and Production The creative team behind the one woman show “Use Your Words” is holding auditions for a musician to join them at the development level. This short play is a physical comedy that makes extensive use of sound and absolutely no words. We ...18 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 8, 2015, schedule tbd based on actors availability. Rehearsals are held at Theatre-Hikes rehearsal space near California and Montrose Ave. Performances: North Park Village Nature Center, 5801 N. Pulaski, Chicago, July 18 & 19 Pullman State Historic Site, 11111 S. Forestdale Ave, Chicago, July 25 & 26 The Morton Arboretum, 4100 IL Route 53, Lisle, IL, August 1-30, Sat & Sun only All performances at 1PM
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL; Lisle, IL; Schaumburg, IL
Casting 3 men for Clue, The Musical performing mid July through August 30, Saturdays and Sundays only at 1PM.18 hours ago
- Lab meets Wed. eves and/or Sat. pms in June at Arthur Seelen Theatre, 250 W. 40 St. Performance: Tuesday, June 23 at the Players Club, 16 Gramercy Park S. Work and other performances continue in July and August TBA for those available.
- Seeking submissions from: Tri State area, NY
BARD AT THE BAR is an environmental collage of scenes and monologues from the works of Shakespeare with live music and dance performed by current and alumni members of the NEA award winning SIMON STUDIO from the Broadway and London stage and film world. Directed by Roger Hendricks Simon who ...20 hours ago
- Training and performances are ongoing beginning Winter 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an improvisational and sketch comedy theater (think "Saturday Night Live" or "In Living Color"). Producer states: "We provide customized instruction and industry exposure; preparation; opportunity; and support. Successful applicants join the company's prestigious IN Studios Conservatory, where they will receive six months of improvisation classes at ...yesterday
- Runs in summer in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an advanced, "emotionally-centered" improvisational theater practice and performance group. Director states: "This is not improv comedy (writing on your feet), but rather improvisational theater (acting without a script). Selected participants will work alongside peers with the best rotating coaches/directors NYC has to offer. Regular performances are ...yesterday
- "Samson" rehearsals begin Jan. 2016; runs Mar. 11-Dec. 31, 2016 in Lancaster County, PA. "Moses" rehearsals begin Jan. 2016; runs Mar. 18-Dec. 31, 2016 in Branson, MO.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting Sight & Sound Theatres' 2016 season of "Samson" and "Moses."yesterday