Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Tour contracts run approximately March - May, June - August, and September - December. Contract length varies, but generally run between 5 and 12 weeks, including training. Full-time availability is necessary during entirety of contract.
- Auditions: Dec 11, 13 in Chicago, IL
Casting teaching artist generals. Project description: "Compass Creative Dramatics is a traveling children's theatre that specializes in bringing week-long theatre experiences to the places where kids already learn and play, with tour locations across the midwest and beyond. Teaching artists are contracted as one half of a touring actor/educator pair, ...54 minutes ago
- Rehearsal and performance dates TBD in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
A series of scenes with women breaking free of the traditional female roles.57 minutes ago
- Runs April 22-May 8 in Skokie, IL.
- Auditions: Jan 3, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Prime of Miss Jean Brodie," a play. Project description: "Jean Brodie is a free-spirited teacher at a Scottish girls' school during the 1930s. She encourages her young pupils to embrace romantic ideals, educating them about love and art rather than hard facts. However, her controversial teaching philosophy draws the ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals take place on December 3rd, December 7th, and December 9th at Cal State Long Beach. The final production takes place on December 9th at 7:00pm in the FA1 Building on the Cal State Long Beach campus.
- Auditions: Dec 2 in Long Beach, CA
Casting for "Right Sensation," a short, 10 minute play to be performed for a directing workshop at Cal State University, Long Beach. "Right Sensation" illustrates a one night stand that goes awry when Paula reveals to Stewart her biggest insecurity--a past mastectomy.5 hours ago
- Equity rehearsals start mid-Jan. 2016; runs Feb. 18-Mar. 13, 2016, at Theater for the New City, NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 16 in New York, NY
Casting "Speakeasy: The Adventures of John and Jane Allison in the Wonderland," a new musical re-imagining "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass," set in the queer subculture of Prohibition-era New York City.7 hours ago
- Our rehearsal dates will be in New York City as the date follows: Sunday December 6th from 9am until 5pm Sunday December 13th at 9am until 7pm. Our tech dates are: Monday December 14th at 6pm: Tech rehearsal Tuesday December 15th from 6 to 8:30pm: Dress rehearsal. Our performance dates will be: Wednesday December 16th at 6pm. Friday December 18th at 6pm Saturday December 19th at 4pm.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting a supporting role for "You belong with me because you're so vain" a romantic comedy about falling in love with the wrong person.8 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 15, 2016; workshop and performances begin Feb. 15, 2016 and eight shows to begin Mar. 18, 2016 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting a workshop of "The Last Hour: A Play on Apathy, Decisions, and Repercussions," written by J. Marshall Evans. Synopsis: It's 2032 and America is not the same. The government has declared war on the majority of the citizens and New York City is ground zero. Eight men are thrown ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsal period for 'The Seagull' is mid-January through late February, in River Forest, IL. Runs February 26-28. The rehearsal period for 'Miss Firecracker' is late February to early April with time off in March for campus breaks, etc. Runs April 14-17.
- Auditions: Dec 4, 5, 6 in River Forest, IL
Casting the plays "The Seagull" and "The Miss Firecracker Contest." Project description: "'The Seagull' centers on the romantic and artistic clashes between fading actress Irina Arkadina; fresh-faced ingénue Nina Zarechnaya; famous writer Boris Trigorin, Irina's lover; and failing playwright Konstantin Treplyov, Irina's son who is in love with Nina. All ...12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 5, 2016; runs Apr. 28-May 15 in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Auditions: Dec 5, 7 in Colorado Springs, CO
Casting "Girl of the Golden West."12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 9, 2016; runs Mar. 1-20, 2016 in Portland, ME.
- Auditions: Dec 14, 15 in New York, NY
Casting "Lost Boy in Whole Foods."13 hours ago
- Runs Jan. 18, 25 and Feb. 1, 2016 at the Engelman Recital Hall at Baruch College in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 6 in New York, NY
Casting a series of readings of three new musicals by TRU members, produced by TRU member producers, that are followed by industry talkbacks with top professionals.13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 15, 2016; runs Mar. 8-27 in Vero Beach, FL.
- Auditions: Dec 8, 9 in New York City, NY
Casting "Hello Dolly."14 hours ago
- Rehearsal date(s) TBD; performs May 2016 at BRIC Media Arts in Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Dec 12, 13 in Brooklyn, NY
Seeking black/African diaspora actors for "The Messiah Complex," a black queer origin story about the legacy of the Panthers in the age of crack. Synopsis: It’s set in a world where a scratch at the DJ booth stages a ritual re-play of the past that can heal generations of violence. ...15 hours ago
- Rehearses late January 2016; performs weekdays in February (during the school day) in New York and New Jersey.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; NY; PA
Casting "Sunjata Kamalenya," an African TYA production that features music and authentic costumes, scenery, and props from Mali, West Africa. Producing Director states: "This production was first produced at the McCarter Theatre Center in Princeton, NJ and has since been touring through the Experiential Theater Company throughout the United States."15 hours ago