Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsal begins Feb. 10, 2015; runs Mar. 17-Apr. 26, with possible extension May 3, 2015.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC
Casting "Man of La Mancha," with music by Mitch Leugh, lyrics by Joe Darlon, and book by Dale Wasserman.1 hours ago
- Rehearses two to three weekday nights and one weekend day; runs Jan. 11-Feb. 2, 2015 on Mon. & Tues. evenings at 7:30 p.m. in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 2, 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Humanity!" a play that details the story of Julie, a young zoologist, and her intimate relationship with a male gorilla at Lincoln Park Zoo.55 minutes ago
- Ongoing sessions are held at Ripley-Grier Studios in NYC. If not local, sessions are held via FaceTime or Skype online.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking participants for "Acting Through Song" classes. Owner states: "We work directly with professional actors, singers, and dancers and those who are recent graduates or aspiring musical theater performers to help them truly connect to their material. It's all about bringing yourself to your work and finding your honesty in ...2 hours ago
- Currently running Mon. eves. at 6:30 p.m. (one to two times/month) through January 2015 in Manhattan, NYC; more dates added each month for spring/summer 2015.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; New York, NY
Casting "Casey: 30 Years Later!," a live comedy play, written by, directed, and starring Beverly Bonner, based upon her “Casey” character in Frank Henenlotter’s cult horror film classic, “Basket Case.” Released in 1982, this horror film tells the story of a young man who carries his deformed conjoined twin brother ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin in mid-January; there will be a reading with music, a Mar. 1, 2015 performance at 54 Below, and a run opening July 3 at the Off Broadway Theater : Theatre St. Clements, NYC.
- Auditions: Nov 12, 13, 15 in New York, NY
Casting "Comfort Women: A New Musical." Synopsis: 1941, Seoul, Korea; Geoun, the widow of a fallen Korean soldier of WWII, is coerced into a new career in Tokyo, working in the factories. However, she is held hostage, transported to Indonesia, and becomes a Japanese Imperal Army sexual slave against her ...11 hours ago
- Minimal cast rehearsal; must be a quick learner and able to independently learn role via script and video clips of blocking; show is ongoing in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking alternates for all roles in "The Jackie Mason Musical," the ongoing musical comedy.15 hours ago
- Runs Feb. 12-Mar. 8 in San Jose, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 15, 16 in San Jose, CA
Casting "Fix Me Jesus." Synopsis: "Annabell Armstrong, a rising star in the Texas Democratic Party, frantically searches for the perfect dress at Neiman Marcus in Dallas. Trapped in the Reagan-era 1980s, her career, love life, finances, and family relations are a train wreck. As people from her past invade the ...18 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 2, 2015; runs through Mar. 21, 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New Yor, NY
Casting "Blood Moon," by Nicholas Kazan.21 hours ago
- Rehearses and performs in Alameda, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Alameda, CA
Casting the play "'Eat The Runt'." Production description: "In this biting take on office politics and the art of the job interview, the audience casts the play anew every night; since there are no pronouns in the script, any actor of any age or gender can play any of the ...19 hours ago
- Rehearsal begins Jan. 13, 2015; runs Feb. 10-Mar. 28, 2015 at the Clurman Theatre, Theatre Row, 410 W. 42nd Street in NYC.
- Auditions: Nov 20 in New York, NY
Casting "John and Jen."23 hours ago
- Rehearsal begins Dec. 15; runs Jan. 14-Feb. 8, 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Nov 12 in New York, NY