Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin January 2015 in Ashland, OR.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting non-Equity ensemble roles for both "Head Over Heels," the new Go-Go's musical by Jeff Whitty and directed by Ed Sylvanus Iskander, and "Guys and Dolls," directed by Mary Zimmerman.1 hours ago
- Runs in Los Angeles.
- Auditions: Aug 18 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting new talent for The Murder Mystery Company.1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 22. Previews begin Jan. 30, 2015; runs Feb. 6-March 1 in Denver, CO.
- Auditions: Aug 13, 14, 15 in New York City, NY
Casting "Benediction."4 hours ago
- Rehearses Sept. 15; runs Sept. 29–Oct. 24 with possible extension in Dayton, Ohio.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY; Chicago, IL; Dayton, OH
Casting "#Othello," a 40-minute adaptation of Shakespeare’s tragedy by director, Aaron Vega. Travels to and performs for high schools and junior high schools.2 hours ago
- Performances run October 24-November 9, in Pleasant Hill, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 25, 26 in Pleasant Hill, CA
Casting the musical "The Wedding Singer." Production description: "A wedding singer in the 1980s meets a waitress with whom he falls in love."2 hours ago
- Performances December 4-21, in Mountain View, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 9, 10 in Mountain View, CA
Casting the play "Super Villain." Production description: "A comedy based in the comic book world, in which a Super Villain (The Remote) finds himself alone in the world after his Super Hero (Excelsior) is killed off by a better Super Villain."2 hours ago
- Performances TBD, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the ongoing comedic production "Hot Giggles." Production description: "Hot Giggles is a sketch comedy troupe in San Francisco that produces hot giggles from its audience. There is considerable pigeon-based humor."3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 28; runs Sept. 24-Nov. 16 at the DR2 Theatre, 101 E. 15th St., NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 12 in New York, NY
Casting Equity male actors for three roles in "Port Authority." Note: Two of the roles have offers out, pending acceptance; Equity considers these roles still available until offer has been accepted. Synopsis: "Port Authority" is the story of three generations of Irish men: Kevin, a rudderless young man falling for ...3 hours ago
- Performances run October 3–November 1, in Half Moon Bay, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 2, 3 in Half Moon Bay, CA
Casting the play "The Woman In Black." Production description: "A ghost play which creates a tense and eerie world for the audience. The dark tale, told by Mr. Kipps, with the help of an actor, transports the audience back to Eel Marsh House where visual and audio senses will be ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsal dates vary based on each producer's schedule; shows run Oct. 9-12, during the festival, at Porter Sanford III Performing Arts Center, Atlanta, GA.
- Auditions: Aug 9, in Decatur, GA
Seeking actors, singers, hosts, comedians, musicians, and dancers for the Atlanta Black Theatre Festival: men and women of all ages, sizes, and colors for fully-staged performances and staged readings.5 hours ago
- Rehearses and performs late-summer to early-fall 2014 in Lake Arrowhead, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Lake Arrowhead, CA; Hollywood, CA
Casting "Report to the Academy," an original play about an ape in a monkey suit.yesterday
- Rehearses September-November (Mon.-Fri. eves. & some Sun.); runs Nov. 8-16 at the Irvington Town Hall Theater, 85 Main St., Irvington, NY (30 min. from Grand Central Terminal).
- Auditions: Aug 11 in Irvington, NY
Casting "Miss Saigon." Synopsis: This epic musical love story tells the tragic tale of a young bar girl, orphaned by war, who falls in love with an American G.I.--but their lives are torn apart by the fall of Saigon. A haunting tale based on Puccini's Madame Butterfly.4 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; runs Oct. 29-Nov. 16 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 25, 26 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting "The Chosen." Synopsis: The story of two boys, two fathers and two very different Jewish communities “five blocks and a world apart” in Brooklyn in the 1940s. This is a heartfelt story of friendship and important choices that two families make on the path toward understanding, respect and reconciliation.21 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 14; load-in Nov. 1; runs Nov. 7-23 with possible extension to Nov. 30 in Westfield, IN. Note: see below for rehearsal details.
- Auditions: Aug 11 in Westfield, IN
Casting "Pete and Keely."5 hours ago
- Rehearses July-Aug. (Tue. & Thu., 6-10 p.m., as well as Aug. 9, 13, 16, & 23, 9 a.m.-noon); runs Aug. 27 at 2 p.m., Aug. 30 at 1 p.m., and Aug. 31 at 4:30 p.m. at the Theatre at St. Clement's in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 31, Aug 3 in New York, NY and Aug 2 in NY, NY
Casting "No Name In The Street," a gospel/rock concert musical based on the biblical story of Job.6 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin the second week in August; rehearsal schedule TBD based on actor availability; full dress rehearsal Sept. 22 (6:30-9:30 p.m.); performs Sept. 23, 26, 27, and 28 (all at 6:30 p.m.), with the possibility of one more performance on Oct. 2 if the play is selected for finals.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Sex With a Fat Girl," a play for a festival competition. Also seeking a director. This play is a comedy with a few dramatic moments.12 hours ago