Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Mar 1, 3, in New York, NY
Casting Equity singers and dancers for 'Finding Neverland" for possible future replacements in the currently running Broadway production.10 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 18; runs May 21-June 19 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 28 in San Diego, CA
Casting actor/singers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds. Equity and non-union for "Woody Guthrie's American Song," with words & music by Woody Guthrie. Note: Must have San Diego housing.10 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 26; runs Thursdays through Sundays May 12-June 12 in Waterbury, CT.
- Auditions: Feb 22 in Waterbury, CT
Casting Equity actor/singers for various principal roles and multiple ensemble members in "Legally Blonde the Musical."10 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 6; runs June 24-Aug. 13 in New Hope, PA.
- Auditions: Feb 24, 25, 26 in New York, NY
Equity actors and actor/singers for various roles in the upcoming 2016 season. Season includes "Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story" (Alan Janes, writer; Hunter Foster, dir.; Lorin Latarro, choreo.; Kaitlin Shaw, Tara Rubin Casting, casting. Rehearsals begin June 6 in NYC; runs June 24-July 16); "Cake Off" (Sheri Wilner, based on ...11 hours ago
- Rehearses and performs in Dorset, VT.
- Auditions: Feb 27, 28 in Dorset, VT
Casting the Dorset Theatre Festival season. Season includes "Norman Conquests: Table Manners" (Evan Yionoulis, dir. Rehearsals begin May 31; runs June 16-July 2); "Dear Elizabeth" (Adrienne Campbell Holt, dir. Rehearsals begin June 21; runs July 7-23); "Way Of The World" (Theresa Rebeck, dir. Rehearsals begin July 12; runs July 28-Aug. ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 5, 2016; opens May 5, 2016 in Austin, TX.
- Auditions: Feb 24 in Austin, TX
Casting one role in "Macbeth." The roles of Macbeth & Lady Macbeth already cast.11 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Washington, DC.
- Auditions: Feb 24, 25 in Washington, DC
Casting the Shakespeare Theatre Company of DC's 2016-2017 season. Season includes Shakespeare's "The Tempest (Free For All)" (Ethan McSweeny, dir.-original dir. Rehearsals begin July 26; runs Aug. 17-28 at Sidney Harman Hall); Shakespeare's "Romeo And Juliet" (Alan Paul, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 9; runs Sept. 19-Oct. 23 with a possible ...12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 21 (nonunion) and Mar. 28 (Equity); runs Apr. 15-17 at Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center in Redondo Beach and Apr. 22-May 8 at Plummer Auditorium in Fullerton, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 24 in Anaheim, CA
Casting "The Full Monty."12 hours ago
- Rehearses March 26-April 29 (Mon.-Wed., 6-11 p.m.; Sat. & Sun., 12-4 p.m.) in Glendale, CA; tech/previews April 30-May 5; runs May 6-29 (Thurs.-Sun.) at Atwater Village Theatre in L.A.
- Auditions: Feb 27, 28 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting the West Coast premiere of "Turtles," a play by John Greiner-Ferris. Synopsis: A mother snatches her two kids. She's on the run, scraping out an existence with them in her car by the side of the road in the desert. When a man, quite literally, falls into their lives, ...13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 16; runs Mar. 18-Apr. 17 (five performances a week) in Orlando, FL. Note: Typically performs Thurs.-Sat. evenings and Sun. matinees; Mar. 26, 2016 has matinee and evening performances.
- Seeking submissions from: Orlando, FL
Seeking an immediate replacement to play James Tyrone, Jr. in "Long Day's Journey Into Night."13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin late February; runs April 8-May 1 at Leela Arts Center in Des Plaines, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Des Plaines, IL
Casting "Our Town," a classic dramatic play.13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin on or about Mar. 1; runs Apr. 9-May 15 in East Islip, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: East Islip, NY
Casting "The Pirates of Penzance" by Gilbert & Sullivan. Synopsis: A hilarious farce of sentimental pirates, bumbling policemen, dim-witted young lovers, and an eccentric Major-General. Set sail with this classic comedy that boasts one of the most famous patter songs in musical theatre history. A fresh take on one of ...13 hours ago