Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin October 29 in Chicago, IL. Runs December 4-6.
- Auditions: Oct 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "boom," a play. Project description: "Jo, a female journalism student, and Jules, a male marine biologist, meet in a subterranean biology lab for an erotic 'casual encounter.' But there's nothing casual whatsoever about this particular evening."50 minutes ago
- Rehearsals October 12-November 19 in Chicago, IL. Runs November 20-December 20.
- Auditions: Oct 7 in Chicago, IL
Casting "A Christmas Carol," a musical. Project description: "The Alan Menken version of the musical based on Dickens's classic."56 minutes ago
- A preliminary rehearsal (table read and discussion) will be held between 2:00pm and 2:30pm at NYU's Tisch School of the arts on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6th. Several more rehearsals will be arranged, but will be held outside of class with flexible dates. One final performance of the scene will be held, in class, at a to-be-determined date.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Louis Ironson" and "Joe Pitt" for a scene of "Angels in America." Joan Horvath, acclaimed actor and director who has worked with the great Elia Kazan, is teaching a course at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts. Minimal time commitments, exposure to Joan herself, and access to many up-and-coming ...1 hours ago
- The team would be based out of Chicago and tour schools and libraries in North Dakota, Illinois, and Wisconsin. Flexible schedule for dates beginning before Thanksgiving thru Christmas is a plus. A reliable vehicle is needed by one of the actor's as the show is portable.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting a two-actor, 45-minute play based on Dickens's "A Christmas Carol."1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin in December in Chicago, IL. Runs January 29-February 29 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 17, 21 in Chicago, IL
Casting "High Fidelity: The Musical." Project description: "When Brooklyn record store-owner Rob finds himself unexpectedly dumped, his life takes a music-filled turn toward the introspective. Based on the popular novel by Nick Hornby, High Fidelity follows Rob as he struggles to discover how his relationship went awry, and strives to ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals have already begun & are Thurs., 6-9:30, & Sat., 8 or 9 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Midway Community Center, located 50 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City and 35 minutes from Provo. Dress rehearsals evenings will be Nov. 30, Dec. 1, 2, 8, 9, 10. Performances will run December 12-22 (no Sundays) at 7:30 p.m. with Sat. matinees at 2 p.m., in the historic Midway Town Hall as a part of Midway’s Small Town Fourth Celebration in Midway, UT.
- Seeking submissions from: Midway, UT
Casting the popular Disney musical “Beauty and the Beast.” Project description: We have an excellent cast but lack four experienced male singer/dancers. There are many solos in the ensemble. In the plot, an arrogant young prince and his castle's servants fall under the spell of a wicked enchantress, who turns ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin January 3, in Evanston, IL. Runs February 5-28.
- Auditions: Oct 11, 18 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Ephemera," a play.1 hours ago
- Runs January 15-February 7, 2016, in St. Charles, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 26, 28 in St. Charles, IL
Casting "Yankee Tavern," a play. Project description: " a modern thriller taking place in an about-to be condemned turn of the century Tavern in 2006 where four characters are dragged into the intrigues of conspiracy theories."1 hours ago
- Performances will run January 8-30, 2016 on Friday and Saturday nights, with a Saturday afternoon matinee on January 16 & a Monday family night performance on January 25 in Magna, UT.
- Auditions: Oct 27, 28 in Magna, UT
Casting the classic Broadway musical, "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" as the first show of the Empress Theatre's historic tenth season. Project Description: “Goin’ courtin’” has never been so much fun! Bursting with rambunctious energy, "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers” is the rip-roaring story of Millie, a young bride living ...1 hours ago
- Event runs December 4, 2015-January 10, 2016, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 8 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Winter WonderFest," a holiday interactive spectacle.1 hours ago
- Rehearses Oct. 11-Dec. 3; runs Dec. 4-20 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; Long Island, NY
Casting "A Christmas Carol," a new musical written by Daniel Orama. Synopsis: This is a present-day retelling of the classic Charles Dickens tale of a hard and bitter man name Ebeneezer Scrooge. He experiences a transformation when Marley and his three ghosts pay him a visit, taking him back through ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals are usually light, and based on the cast's schedule in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Auditions: Oct 10 in Midvale, UT
Casting for the Valentine’s show, a restaging of our very successful “Romeo and Juliet, Choose Thy Own Ending” show. Project Description: The company performs comedy musical entertainment of “classic titles” with a twist, across the Wasatch Front in restaurants such as Joe Morley’s in Midvale, The Old Spaghetti Factory in ...1 hours ago
- Rehearses December 7. Performs December 9, in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting the annual Actors' Scene Showcase. Project description: "The 10 best scenes perform for agents, casting directors, and the public."2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin November 1. Performances run December 26-January 3, 2016, in Wilmette, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 6 in Wilmette, IL
Casting "Guys and Dolls," a musical. Project description: "In New York, a gambler is challenged to take a cold female missionary to Havana, but they fall for each other, and the bet has a hidden motive to finance a crap game."2 hours ago
- Runs November 20-22, in Elgin, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 5 in Elgin, IL
Casting "A Christmas Carol," a play. A project description: "the live, radio play version of the Charles Dickens classic."2 hours ago
- REHEARSALS: 10/20, 10/22, 10/27, 10/29, 11/3, 11/4, 11/10, 11/11, 11/12, (Weekend of 11/14 & 11/15), 11/17, 11/18, 11/19 evenings. They will be held in the most convenient location-depending on actors home locations. PERFORMANCES: Preview November 21st at The Contemporary Theater in Wakefield. Ten performances beginning Friday January 29th, running through February-- Friday and Sat nights, exact dates available at audition. This is a traveling show, all performances in Rhode Island.
- Auditions: Oct 6 in Providence, RI and Oct 7 in Wakefield, RI
Four Legs To Stand On is a modern American story. All is not well on the home front. Sam freshly home from his first year at college finds himself and his family in new, strange territory. Two illnesses are eating away at his family’s foundation. Only cancer is allowed a ...3 hours ago
- All rehearsals and productions in Boston area (Chelsea, MA) Rehearsals begin apx. 6 weeks before opening. Performances Dates: A Beautiful Day in November on the Banks of the Greatest of the Great Lakes December 18, 2015-January 16, 2016. (days off 12/20-12/25) Sonic Life of a Giant Tortoise Feb. 19-March 13, 2016. Threesome April 8-May 7, 2016.
- Auditions: Oct 10, 11, 12, 13 in Chelsea, MA
A Beautiful Day in November on the Banks of the Greatest of the Great Lakes by Kate Benson 2015 OBIE AWARD WINNER! "a quirky comedy by Kate Benson that cleverly transforms an extended family’s Thanksgiving dinner into a fiercely fought competitive sport." -NY Times Sonic Life of a Giant Tortoise ...4 hours ago
- Saturday November 7, 2015 at: Indigrove 121 Newark Ave. Jersey City, New Jersey 07302 Sunday November 8, 2015 from 4 to 6pm at: Alchemical Studios 104 W. 14th St. New york, N.Y 10011 AUDITIONS AT ALCHEMICAL STUDIOS ARE BY APPT. ONLY
- Auditions: Nov 7 in Jersey City, NJ and Nov 8 in New York, NY
Readings, stories and monologues of true lives of the lgbt. Stories will have you laugh and cry the night away. Seeking new cast members to join our brilliant cast5 hours ago
- Orientation Oct. 16 (6:30 p.m.); rehearses Oct. 19-Nov. 19 (weeknights 6-10 p.m.; weekends TBD); runs Nov. 20, Dec. 1-3, 8-10, and 14-17 (3-8 p.m.); Nov. 21, 27, and Dec. 4-6, 11-13, and 18-23 (10 a.m.-8 p.m.); Nov. 28 (Winterfest; 10 a.m.-9 p.m.). Nov. 22 & 29 (11 a.m.-7 p.m.), and Dec. 24 (10 a.m.-3 p.m.) in Cleveland, OH.
- Auditions: Oct 10, 11, 12 in Cleveland, OH
Casting Kringle’s Inventionasium®, a 60-minute, fully immersive, interactive theatrical experience developed in Cleveland by the Mr. Kringle® Company, LLC in association with the Mr. Kringle® Licensing Group. Description: The Inventionasium is Mr. Kringle's top-secret inventing laboratory. Guests tour different departments, explore each area, and engage in hands-on activities to help ...5 hours ago