Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Program runs June 16-July 15, 2016 in Tanzania; festival performances run July 16-24 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "ACTion: Tanzania," a month-long journey across Tanzania culminating in a performance series in NYC. Artistic director states: "This is an opportunity to explore cultures, serve communities, teach theater, workshop with master artists, learn from guest lecturers, create innovative theater, and perform original pieces in NYC."a moment ago
- Rehearsals begin March 1; Performances April 15-May 1, in Danville, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 13, 14 in Danville, CA
Casting "The Great Gatsby," a Simon Levy play based on the classic novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald.2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 7, in Danville, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Danville, CA
Casting "Good People," a play by David Lindsay-Abaire.2 hours ago
- Rehearsals to be held August 9-September 29, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 15 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "Dream Of The Red Chamber", an opera. Project description: "The new work is based on the book Dream of the Red Chamber by 18th-century Qing Dynasty writer Cao Xuequin, considered one of the four great classical novels of historic Chinese literature."2 hours ago
- Performances to be held in Santa Rosa, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 13 in Santa Rosa, CA
Casting "The Hallelujah Girls," a play directed by Miriam Ani. Project description: "Hilarity abounds when the feisty females of Eden Falls, Georgia, decide to shake up their lives. After the loss of a dear friend, the women realize time is precious, and if they're going to change their lives and ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals to begin in January 2016, in Berkeley, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 6, 12 in Berkeley, CA
Casting "Brooklyn Boy," a play by Donald Margulies. Project description: "This play by the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Dinner with Friends follows the career of Eric Weiss, a writer whose novel hits the bestseller list the same time his life begins to unravel. His wife is out the door, his ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Saturday December 26, evenings and weekends (possibly some weekdays depending on actor availability). Runs January 29 -February 21 Friday-Sunday for 16 performances. All auditions, rehearsals, and performances at The Gallery Players, 199 14th Street, Brooklyn.
- Auditions: Dec 5, 8, 9 in Brooklyn, NY
The Gallery Players, Brooklyn's Premiere Off-Off Broadway theater in it’s 49th season announces auditions for upcoming AEA showcase (approval pending) production of Seussical— book by Lynn Ahrens and stephen Flaherty; music by Stephen Flaherty; lyrics by Lynn Ahrens; co-conceived by Eric Idle Director Barrie Gelles; Producer Justine McLaughlin /The Gallery ...6 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 4, 2016 (weekday eves. & Sundays); runs March 4-13 at Irvington Town Hall Theater, 85 Main St., Irvington, NY.
- Auditions: Dec 7, 9, 15, 16 in Irvington, NY
Casting "American Idiot," a musical. Director states: "Green Day's powerhouse album is brought to life in this electric-rock musical of youthful disillusion. The two-time Tony Award-winning hit musical, Green Day's 'American Idiot,' based on the Grammy Award-winning multi-platinum album, boldly takes the American musical where it's never gone before. This ...7 hours ago
- Auditions: Friday, December 4th Callbacks: Monday, December 7th Payrate: $200 Rehearsal Stipend, $50 per performance Rehearses: December 14th – January 15th, weekdays Performance Period: January 16th – February 21st Saturdays and Sundays at 11:00 am and 1:00 pm Location: Theatre At Blessed Sacrament, 152 West 71st Street
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Twinkle Tames A Dragon, The Musical Non-Union Theatre V/T: Vital Theatre/Theatre at Blessed Sacrament, 152 West 71st St. Artistic Director: Stephen Sunderlin Director: TBD Book: Cara Lustik & Katharine Holabird Book & Lyrics: Matthew Hardy Music: Randy Klein Based on the Book by: Katharine Holabird & Sarah Warburton Musical Director: ...9 hours ago
- Rehearsals will Begin January 11th, 2016 and run through February 11th, 2016. Rehearsals will be held weeknights and weekend days. Performances run Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoons February 12th - March 6th, 2016. All rehearsals and performances will be held at Center Stage Theater ,8463 Sierra Ave, Fontana Ca 92335 Visit www.centerstagefontana.com or call 909-429-7469 ext 0
- Auditions: Dec 7 in Fontana, CA
Center Stage Theater Fontana is casting all roles for MEMPHIS the musical. Inspired by the legendary DJ Dewey Phillips and set against a rock-and-roll score, Memphis follows a 1950s disc jockey who plays African-American music for his white listeners, and soon he begins to fall for a talented black singer.yesterday
- The show goes up week of Feb. 22nd for a four week run, four performances a week, Thurs, Fri, Sat nights, and Sunday matinees, at the Berger Park Coach House Theatre in Chicago, and starts rehearsal in early January on weeknight evenings and weekend days. Rehearsals will be in Chicago.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
On the Spot Theatre Company is currently auditioning actors for their late winter show, a world premiere of the new full length dramatic comedy, Sex Lives of the Zebra Finch, a contemporary play set in Chicago. We are seeking one male actor to play a character in his early twenties, ...yesterday