Acting Auditions in Chicago
Backstage's acting auditions in Chicago include theater auditions, film, television, commercials, talent agencies and voiceover roles.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago.
- Shoots September in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting WheezyWaiter digital YouTube short about a work-at-home computer programmer, Linus, who uses algorithms to predict hit songs. His life is stuck in a mundane routine of coding at his laptop all day until his neighbor Reid begins practicing with a rock band.Wednesday
- Rehearsals scheduled per production; performances run at The Public House Theatre, 3914 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 25, 26 in Chicago, IL
Casting the core ensemble for The Public House Theatre 2014-15 season. Shows include "Bye Bye Liver" and "Game of Mobile Homes." About "Bye Bye Liver": Now in its 7th year running in Chicago, "Bye Bye Liver" distills the best and worst of the bars into 75-min of booze-culture themed sketches. ...Wednesday
- Shows run 2014-15 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 23, 24, 26 in Chicago, IL
The Rucker and Cult Camp Productions are hosting combined auditions for their 2014-15 seasons. Other companies in attendance include Red Tape Theatre, Right Brain Project, the side project, and Tympanic Theatre, with more TBA.Aug 12
- Show runs November 7-15 in Schaumburg, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 25 in Schaumburg, IL
Casting "Showboat," a musical. Project description: Taking place over fifty years, "Show Boat" tells the story of a showboat acting family and their struggles with race, gambling, alcoholism and poverty. Captain Andy runs an extremely successful show on his ship, but after it is discovered that his leading lady is ...Aug 12
- Rehearses and shoots late summer-fall in MI.
- Seeking submissions from: Owosso, MI; Detroit, MI; Flint, MI; Lansing, MI; Grand Rapids, MI; Kalamazoo, MI
Casting “Man Was Here.” Synopsis: What lengths would one go through to reconnect with humanity? Is there an answer in the future, or are we forced to look into our past?Aug 12
- Rehearses evenings & weekends, beginning September 29. Runs November 6-16, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Chicago, IL
Casting Shakespeare's "The Tempest." Project description: Prospero, a magician, lives on a desolate isle with his virginal daughter, Miranda. He's in exile, banished by his usurping brother and the King of Naples. Providence brings his enemies near, and aided by the spirit Ariel, Prospero conjures a tempest to wreck the ...Aug 12
- Shoots in America.
- Auditions: Sep 18 in Los Angeles, CA and Sep 13 in San Diego, CA and Sep 13 in San Francisco, CA and Oct 4 in New York, NY and Oct 11 in Chicago, IL and Sep 27 in Atlanta, GA and Sep 20 in Cleveland, OH and Sep 27 in New Orleans, LA and Oct 11 in Memphis, TN and Oct 4 in Miami, FL and Sep 20 in San Antonio, TX
Seeking home cooks to compete on an all-new season of "MasterChef" featuring chef Gordon Ramsay giving talented, everyday, at-home cooks the chance to prove their culinary skills.Aug 12
- Shoots late-Sept. to early-Oct. 2014 in MI.
- Seeking submissions from: Detroit, MI; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Cleveland, OH; Boston, MA
Casting "Breakers," a feature film that will be submitted to the Cannes Film Festival and/or the Sundance Film Festival. This film takes place in modern day Detroit and follows three friends on the cusp of creating something remarkable that will change the world.Aug 12
- Shoot begins in September in various locations throughout Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 23 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Industry Exposed," a web series following the journey of two actors as they navigate their way through the entertainment industry while dealing with their sexuality.Aug 11
- Runs during Fall/Winter in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 27 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Execs," a sketch comedy web show about MovieCorp., the nation's largest movie studio in which a crack team of mediocre movie executives must put their heads together so that the company can maintain its stranglehold dominance on the industry. The webseries will feature scathing, irreverent, dark humor and will ...Aug 11
- Rehearses evenings & weekends, beginning September 8. Shows run through November 2, with a Thursday matinee October 30, in Pinckney, MI.
- Seeking submissions from: Pinckney, MI
Casting "Dracula," a musical. Project description: A thrilling drama of suspense and a Gothic romance from the extraordinary team Christopher Hampton, Don Black and Frank Wildhorn. Set in Europe at the end of the Victorian Age, the story follows the famed vampire as he lusts for new blood. Jonathan Harker ...Aug 11
- Shows run February 2-March 28, 2015, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 2, 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting the dark comedy "Dividing the Estate," a play about a once-wealthy Texas family who battles over splitting up the family estate. By the author of "The Trip to Bountiful."Aug 11