LA Acting AuditionsFind:
Backstage's audition listings in Los Angeles include film, television, commercials, voiceover roles, and theater.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting calls sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals two weeknights and possibly a weekend; runs late-May through June 2014.
- Seeking submissions from: Culver City, CA
Casting "The Real High School Musical," which follows the triumphs and tribulations of three high school students attending Music & Media Arts Pilot High School MMAPS. Students Mariana, Ariel, and Marco conflict with parents, teachers, and each other, while juggling being students, musicians, and friends, trying to find ways to ...
- Shoots Apr. 26, 5-8 a.m. in Malibu, CA; shoots Apr. 26, 3-8 p.m. in West Hollywood, CA; shoots Apr. 27, 2-8 p.m. in West Hollywood, CA. Note: If your cast for the morning on Saturday you will not be needed later on Saturday but maybe used again on Sunday.
- Auditions: Apr 25 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting "I'm Goin Break It Down" music video for up and coming rap artist Blaze Kelly.
- Rehearses May 1-July 19; performs July 19 & 20 at Walt Disney Concert Hall in L.A. Refer to the full rehearsal and performance schedule below.
- Auditions: Apr 26 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting a boy soprano for Andrew Lippa's "I Am Harvey Milk." This is a live performance with a chorus of over 500 singers, including the Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles, orchestra, female soprano, and Andrew Lippa in the role of adult Harvey Milk.
- Auditions (April 26th 10AM) & Finales (May 18th) for the contest will be held Discount Music Center in Orlando, FL.
- Auditions: Apr 26 in Orlando, FL
Seeking contestants for "SING to End Homelessness" a charity singing competition. "Each group/soloist will audition by 'singing' a cappella before a panel of judges for a chance to be selected to advance onto the 'Grand Finale' with a chance to win prizes and a spot on a compilation album to ...
- Rehearses June 3-July 17; runs July 18-27 at the Performer's Corner, 214 Hardy St., Inglewood.
- Auditions: Apr 26 in Inglewood, CA
Casting "OWD (Old White Dudes Can't Rap)," a story of an old white dude in his eighties who is really a poet however he is caught up into the world of rap so much so that he has transformed himself into a rap artist of today.
- Shoot date is TBD at California State University, Dominguez Hills at parking lot 6 (in front of Stub Hub Center) in Carson.
- Auditions: Apr 27 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting a male voiceover actor for a pet adoption PSA, "Adopt a Pet to Save a Life."
- Works three weeks in July. Note: Will take five weeks prior to design and implement the syllabus.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 28 in Claremont, CA
Seeking summer camp program directors for Young Actor's Camp. Coordinator states: "Young Actors Camp, the most celebrated and well-known acting for film camp, is now hiring seasonal summer camp Program Directors to oversee our television and feature film course."
- Performances take place on an ongoing basis aboard Holland America's cruise ships, which travel worldwide.
- Auditions: Apr 27, in Los Angeles, CA
Casting singers, singer-dancers, and dancers for production shows performing onboard Holland America Line's luxury vessels with worldwide itineraries.
- Rehearsals begin early May; runs late May-Aug. 31 at Legoland California in Carlsbad, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 28, 29, 30, May 1, 8 in Carlsbad, CA
Casting hosts, costume characters, and performers for LEGOLAND California's live performance summer shows.
- Shoots May 15 in Orange County, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 28 in West Hollywood, CA
Casting "The Ritual," a short film that explores the traditions of a conservative family and the expectations that are placed on the young bride on her wedding night.
- Shoots the week of May 12 in L.A.
- Auditions: Apr 28, 29 in El Segundo, CA
Casting a Fresh and Easy web video.
- Rehearses and performs in Seattle, WA.
- Auditions: Apr 28 in N. Hollywood, CA
Casting the Seattle Repertory's 2014-15 season. Season includes "The Piano Lesson" a co-production with Syracuse Stage (Tim Bond, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 23; runs Oct. 24-Nov. 9 at Syracuse Stage; Rehearsals begin Jan. 6, 2015; runs Jan. 21-Feb. 8 with a possible extension through Feb. 15 in Seattle); "Dear Elizabeth" ...
- Rehearses May 5-June 5; runs June 6-29 at the NoHo London Music Hall.
- Auditions: Apr 28, 29 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting "Aloha," which takes place on one of the Hawaiian islands at the time of the first missionaries in 1821. It shows the ambivalence of natives towards the white settlers and conflicts between various groups such as natives, sailors from whaling ships, and missionaries.
- Rehearses between May 2-9; shoots either May 10 or 11 at Biola University in La Mirada, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 29, May 2 in La Mirada, CA
Casting "Behind the Curtain," a student film for Biola University about a man and a girl backstage before the man leaves to go on stage.