LA Acting AuditionsFind:
Backstage's audition listings in Los Angeles include film, television, commercials, voiceover roles, and theater.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting calls sent directly to your inbox.
- Non-union rehearsals begin Aug. 25; Equity rehearsals begin Sept. 1; runs Sept. 19-Oct. 5 (Fri.-Sun.) in Rolling Hills Estate, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 4, 5 in Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Casting "The Full Monty."
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 9 (Mon.-Thu. evenings and Sat. days); runs Sept. 27-Oct. 25 (Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m., Sun. at 2 p.m.) in CA.
- Auditions: Aug 4, 5 in Long Beach, CA
Casting "The 39 Steps." Synopsis: A man with a boring life meets a beautiful woman who says she’s a spy. When he takes her home, she is murdered. Soon, a mysterious organization called “the 39 Steps” is hot on the man’s trail in a nationwide manhunt that climaxes in a ...
- Runs Sept. 12-Oct. 12 in Newport Beach, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 4, 5 in Newport Beach, CA
Casting "Fallen Angels" by Noel Coward. Synopsis: "Fallen Angels" is the comedic story of Julia and Jane, two upper-class women in England in the early 20th century. They are married to Fred and Willy. Maurice, a former French lover of the two women, shows up while their husbands are away. ...
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 9, 2015; runs Mar. 7-29, 2015 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 5 in San Diego, CA and Aug 8, 11 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Oedipus El Rey." Producer states: "With adult language, violence, and nudity, the temples of classical Thebes are traded for the urban Latino barrios of Southern California in Luis Alfaro’s contemporary play adaptation of the classic, 'Oedipus The King.'"
- Shoots mid-August 2014 in Burbank, Hollywood, and Los Angeles.
- Auditions: Aug 5 in Burbank, CA
Casting for "Bunnyman," a student film of The New York Film Academy about a post-adolescent Hollywood delinquent who finds ways to sell drugs by pushing them through the strip clubs of Hollywood Boulevard. However, his stuffed bunny and prized possession, which is really a decoy for his money and drugs, ...
- Rehearses Aug. 5 at 4:30 p.m. at 3300 W. Riverside Dr., Burbank, CA; shoots Aug. 22 & 23 in L.A.
- Auditions: Aug 5 in Burbank, CA
Casting "For the Love of God," a short thesis film for NYFA about two priests having a conversation in the church while one of them confesses his reasons for leaving the church.
- Rehearses Aug. 25-Sept. 4. Previews begin Aug. 30; runs Sept. 13 through approx. Nov. 2 (Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m. and Sun. at 3 p.m.) at The Road Theater, 5108 Lankershim Boulevard, North Hollywood, CA. No shows the weekend of Oct. 10-12; if the run is extended, there will be shows during Thanksgiving weekend.
- Auditions: Aug 6 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting "Smoke and Mirrors," a "magical"--a story told through magic. Synopsis: After suffering a tragedy, a boy misdirects his grief with magic and eventually finds himself in the process.
- Perfomances take place in Pasadena.
- Auditions: Aug 7 in Pasadena, CA
Casting and seeking crew for A Noise Within's 2014-15 season. Season includes "The Tempest" (rehearsals begin Aug. 5, runs Sept. 13-Nov. 22; Timothy Douglas, dir.), "The Importance of Being Earnest" (rehearsals begin Aug. 19, runs Sept. 27-Nov. 22; Michael Michetti, dir.), "Dance of Death" (rehearsals begin Sept. 16, runs Oct. ...
- Non-Equity rehearsals begin Oct. 6; Equity rehearsals begin Oct. 20; runs Nov. 14-23 (nine performances) at the Kavli Theatre, Bank of America Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 9 in Thousand Oaks, CA
Casting Bobby and all Dance Ensemble roles in "Memphis." Casting personnel state: "Although we encourage all ethnicities to attend the auditions, be advised we are looking for actors who can convincingly play the ethnicities called for in the role descriptions. Cast age limited to age 16 and up. "