LA Acting AuditionsFind:
Backstage's audition listings in Los Angeles include film, television, commercials, voiceover roles, and theater.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting calls sent directly to your inbox.
- Runs Apr. 21, 2015-Dec. 13, 2015 in La Jolla, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: La Jolla, CA
Seeking a stage manager for the La Jolla Playhouse 2015-16 Season. Season includes "Come From Away," (Rehearsals begin Apr. 21; runs May 29-July 5), "Up Here," (Rehearsals begin June 16; runs July 28-Sept. 6), "Blueprint to Freedom: An Ode to Baynard Rustin" (Rehearsals begin Aug. 14; runs Sept. 8-Oct. 4), ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 6; runs Mar. 3-Apr. 12 at the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles.
- Auditions: Dec 1, 2 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Switzerland." Synopsis: Patricia Highsmith, master of the macabre, is racing to finish her novel when an attractive young man arrives representing her impatient publisher. Anxious to be rid of him and return to self imposed exile, she attempts to terrorize him into fleeing. But he has a dark agenda ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 14, 2015; runs May 14-June 14, 2015 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 13, 14 in San Diego, CA
Casting "The Whale," a play.Nov 21
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 3, 2015 on Wednesday evenings and midday Sundays; run dates are TBD on weekend evenings at TBA locations. Company states: "Possibly daytime rehearsal and school shows this year. Holiday breaks off."
- Auditions: Dec 4, 10 in Los Angeles, CA
Seeking dancers for live music and dance events. Overlapping shows include: "24 Blackbirds" - a multicultural musical of characters of dancers, aerialists and musicians as Birds from all over the world, season of concert and promotional appearances on parade with a marching band; "Art Burlesque" - a sexy, interactive live ...Friday
- Rehearsal begins Feb. 3, 2015; runs Feb. 28-May 3, 2015 in Sonora, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 7 in Los Angeles, CA and Dec 8 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "Mary Poppins."Friday
- Shoots Nov. 25, 30, & Dec. 1 in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Shattered," a short student film for Pasadena City College. Synopsis: When a man wakes up to a ransacked apartment, the truth about himself, his friendship, and the gruesome past is revealed.Friday
- Shoot dates and location TBD.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking people who are having trouble moving on after a failed relationship for a new documentary TV production. Coordinator states: "Are you obsessed with your ex and need help moving on? Do you spend entire days thinking about what your ex is doing, and wondering if she or he is ...Nov 21
- Seeking "talking head" talent partners for daily shows, as well as shopping network/fashion show productions monthly. Studio is located in San Diego, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Oceanside, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Seeking talent for co-development of content with a studio. CEO states: "We have a studio for daily news (or like) development as well as advanced post-production and content delivery with second screen interactivity. The short of it is it's your part to be the talent and our part to provide ...Nov 21
- Shoots Saturdays TBD in Long Beach and the San Fernando Valley, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Burbank, CA
Casting "The Sheriffs," an indie feature film. Producer states: "Target is a family-friendly film. This is comedy played seriously."Nov 20
- Shoots December in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting "Margreet," a short film inspired by Mata Hari.Nov 20
- Shoots February-April in L.A.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking actors for an untitled kids sketch comedy project for a major internet movie/book site.Nov 20
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 17, 2015; runs Mar. 18-Apr. 5, 2015 in La Mirada, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 1 in La Mirada, CA
Casting "Carrie the Musical," with music by Michael Gore, lyrics by Dean Pitchford, and book by Lawrence D. Cohen based on the novel by Stephen King. The show will be presented as an audience-immersive, environmental production.Nov 20