LA Acting AuditionsFind:
Backstage's audition listings in Los Angeles include film, television, commercials, voiceover roles, and theater.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting calls sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses and performs in Burbank, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 10 in Burbank, CA
Seeking new ensemble members for the Reduced Shakespeare Company. The Reduced Shakespeare Company is a three man ensemble of trained actor/improvisers who also conform to three comic archetypes:
- Rehearsals begin April 6 (nonunion performers) and April 14 (Equity performers); runs May 2-18 at the Plummer Auditorium in Fullerton in Orange County, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 10 in La Mirada, CA
Casting "Into The Woods."
- Rehearsals begin March 15; runs May 2-31 at the Long Beach Playhouse in Long Beach, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 10, 11 in Long Beach, CA
Casting "In the Next Room (or The Vibrator Play)." Artistic director states: "'In the Next Room (or The Vibrator Play)' is a comedy about marriage, intimacy, and electricity. Set in the 1880s at the dawn of the age of electricity and based on the bizarre historical fact that doctors used ...
- Season runs Sept. 6, 2014-May 10, 2015 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 11 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting San Diego REPertory Theatre's 39th season. Season includes "Honky" (Greg Kalleres, writer; Sam Woodhouse; dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; runs Nov. 15-Dec. 7); "Steal Heaven" (Herbert Siguenza, writer; Todd Salovey, dir. Rehearsals begin Dec. 15, 2014; runs Jan. 17-Feb. 1, 2015); " Oedipus El Ray" (Luis Alfaro, writer; Sam ...
- Rehearsals begin April 15. Previews begin May 15; opens May 21-June 15 (five performances/wk.) in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 11 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Beijing Spring," a musical odyssey commemorating the 25th Anniversary of the Tiananmen Square Uprising of 1989. A sung-through musical.
- Season runs May 16-Sept. 28 in Boise, ID.
- Auditions: Mar 12, 13 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting the 2014 Idaho Shakespeare Festival. Shows include: "Deathtrap" (rehearsals begin May 16; runs May 31-July 25); "As You Like It" (rehearsals begin May 20; runs June 7-27); "Les Miserables" (rehearsals begin June 10; runs July 5-Aug. 31); "Merry Wives of Windsor" (rehearsals begin July 8; runs Aug. 2-30); and ...
- Lab runs April. 1-July 1 in L.A. Note: Over the course of the three month period, every actor will work in a minimum of three TV or film projects.
- Auditions: Mar 13, 21 in Los Angeles, CA
Seeking participants for the Creative Artists Lab. Executive Producer states: "The Creative Artists Lab (CAL) is an interdisciplinary collaborative for the professional actor committed to improving their craft and marketability. CAL places an emphasis on mastering audition technique and the business tools necessary for advancement. Created to bridge the socio-economic ...
- "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (reh. Apr. 9, perf. May-early June and early October), "King Lear" (reh. Apr. 15, perf. May-early June and early October); "All's Well That Ends Well" and "Much Ado About Nothing" (reh. June-July, perf. through Sept. 28); "As You Like It" (reh. Sept. 18, perf. October-Novermber in the Lancaster Area).
- Auditions: Mar 14 in Topanga, CA
Casting Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum's summer season, to include Shakespeare’s "King Lear," "A Midsummer Night's Dream," "All's Well That Ends Well," "Much Ado About Nothing," and "As You Like It."