LA Acting AuditionsFind:
Backstage's audition listings in Los Angeles include film, television, commercials, voiceover roles, and theater.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting calls sent directly to your inbox.
- Performs April 19 at 2 p.m. at the Allendale Branch Library in Pasadena, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Monrovia, CA
Casting a staged reading of "Hamlet Resurrected," a sequel to Shakespeare's Hamlet. Prod. states: "This will be performed before a large audience that is to include key people from the industry."
- Shoots May 12-June 7 in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Apr 19, 20 in Houston, TX
Casting a new untitled reality series featuring Nigerian wives, ladies, and anyone related to the Nigerian community in Houston. Company states: "Are you phenomenal and just so fabulous? We are looking for you!"
- Rehearsals begin April 23; opens May 16 OR June 10th (projected) at The Next Stage Theatre in Hollywood, CA. Performances will be once a week, for four weeks with a possible three week extension.
- Auditions: Apr 19 in Hollywood, CA
Casting "Broadway, Here We Come!" a new musical theater review set in song cycle format. Most of the pieces in the show are from current, up-and-coming Musical Theater composers with a few, more standard pieces thrown in. Note: We WILL accept taped auditions for the MUSICIANS, only.
- Rehearses June-July 2014 on weekends; performs one weekend in July TBD in L.A.
- Auditions: Apr 19 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Seussical: The Musical," a Summer Camp production for ages 6-16. In this Dr. Seuss adventure, The Cat in the Hat tells the story of Horton, an elephant, who discovers a speck of dust containing Whos, including Jojo, a Who child sent off to a butter battling military school for ...
- Rehearsals begin late-April 2014; opens mid-June 2014 in L.A.
- Auditions: Apr 21 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting the female lead in "Do Not Disturb the Disturbed," a play about an eccentric New York playwright who's kidnapped by his manager and locked in a hotel room after he refuses to finish the ending for the trashy Hollywood romantic comedy he's been hired to write.
- Rehearsals begin in early July 2014; performs Aug. 21-31 in Chapman University's Moulton Hall Studio Theatre in Orange, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 21 in Orange, CA
Casting OC-centric: Orange County's New Play Festival. Now in its fourth year, it will feature productions of two full-length and three one-act plays.