LA Acting AuditionsFind:
Backstage's audition listings in Los Angeles include film, television, commercials, voiceover roles, and theater.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting calls sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses in the spring in Los Angeles and Orange County; shoots in the summer.
- Auditions: Mar 8, 9, 15, 16 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Equitism," in which men and women sword fight to the death in a life-sized chess game that is a metaphor for life, relationships, and equity.
- Programs are held at Ripley Grier Studios in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 9, 10 in Los Angeles, CA
BAA is seeking advanced young musical theatre performers for upcoming intensives, master classes, industry showcases, and performance opportunities in NYC. BAA states: "Work one-on-one with the stars and casting directors of your favorite Broadway shows. Participants will study song interpretation, audition technique, and Broadway dance with Tony Award-winning instructors, Broadway ...
- Rehearsals begin March 14 (daytime rehearsals Mon.-Fri., with occasional weekend days). Tech rehearsals will be held all day April 19 & 20 and evenings April 21-24; runs April 25-May 24 (Fri. & Sat. evenings, with one Sun. matinee May 11) at the Little Fish Theatre in San Pedro, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 9 in CA
Casting "The Gin Game." Synopsis: Weller Martin and Fonsia Dorsey, two elderly residents at a seedy nursing home, strike up an acquaintance. Neither seems to have any other friends, and they start to enjoy each other's company. Weller offers to teach Fonsia how to play gin rummy, and they begin ...
- Shoots late April in Los Angeles.
- Auditions: Mar 9 in Gardena, CA
Casting "Straight Outta Compton" a biopic chronicling the rise of the groundbreaking but controversial Compton, Cali. hip-hop group N.W.A.
- Rehearses and performs in Burbank, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 10 in Burbank, CA
Seeking new ensemble members for the Reduced Shakespeare Company. The Reduced Shakespeare Company is a three man ensemble of trained actor/improvisers who also conform to three comic archetypes:
- Rehearsals begin April 6 (nonunion performers) and April 14 (Equity performers); runs May 2-18 at the Plummer Auditorium in Fullerton in Orange County, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 10 in La Mirada, CA
Casting "Into The Woods."
- Rehearsals begin March 15; runs May 2-31 at the Long Beach Playhouse in Long Beach, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 10, 11 in Long Beach, CA
Casting "In the Next Room (or The Vibrator Play)." Artistic director states: "'In the Next Room (or The Vibrator Play)' is a comedy about marriage, intimacy, and electricity. Set in the 1880s at the dawn of the age of electricity and based on the bizarre historical fact that doctors used ...
- Season runs Sept. 6, 2014-May 10, 2015 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 11 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting San Diego REPertory Theatre's 39th season. Season includes "Honky" (Greg Kalleres, writer; Sam Woodhouse; dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; runs Nov. 15-Dec. 7); "Steal Heaven" (Herbert Siguenza, writer; Todd Salovey, dir. Rehearsals begin Dec. 15, 2014; runs Jan. 17-Feb. 1, 2015); " Oedipus El Ray" (Luis Alfaro, writer; Sam ...
- Rehearsals begin April 15. Previews begin May 15; opens May 21-June 15 (five performances/wk.) in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 11 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Beijing Spring," a musical odyssey commemorating the 25th Anniversary of the Tiananmen Square Uprising of 1989. A sung-through musical.