LA Acting AuditionsFind:
Backstage's audition listings in Los Angeles include film, television, commercials, voiceover roles, and theater.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting calls sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses Aug. 17-Oct. 16; runs Oct. 17-26 in L.A.
- Auditions: Jul 24 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "See You, Maybe." Synopsis: A raw and realistic dramedy about relationships and intimacy. A revealing look into the life of a San Francisco couple from the first day they meet into a year later when the relationship is challenged by the obstacles of reality in a post limerence partnership. ...
- Rehearses and performs in and around San Diego, CA; works July 24-26.
- Auditions: Jul 23 in San Diego, CA
Seeking actors, singers, and dancers for an event at San Diego Comic Con. Funikijam Music is partnering with Marvel Entertainment, Seaport Village and the Central Library to bring Captain Jam's Funki World Tour to heroic family events in San Diego during the Comic Convention. Print and film of these events ...
- Rehearses Sept. 7 and 14 from 1:30-4 p.m. at director's home. Dress/tech Sept. 21 from 1:30-4 p.m. at the Missing Piece Theatre, 2811 W. Magnolia Blvd., Burbank, CA 91505. One performance of the reading at the Missing Piece Theatre on Sept. 28 from 2-4 p.m.
- Auditions: Jul 23 in Burbank, CA
Seeking three actors for a staged reading of "Your Late Mother" with action, props and lights.
- Shoots July 17, 24, and 31, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (Basic Camp), and July 26 & 27, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-5 p.m. (Advanced Camp) at Pepperdine University in Malibu.
- Auditions: Jul 23, 30 in Malibu, CA
Seeking participants for Pepperdine University's Summer Film Camp, featuring four various student films (drama, comedy, action, and music video).
- Basic camp shoots July 24 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.); advanced camp shoots July 26 & 27 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) in Malibu, CA. Actors can be cast in both the basic and advanced productions.
- Auditions: Jul 23 in Malibu, CA
Seeking actors for student films at the basic and advanced film camps at Pepperdine University. Coordinator states: "These student-film productions provide everyone involved with a learning experience. For any actors who needs a DVD of his/her work, this is an ideal way to get it. This camp overlooks the lovely ...
- Shooting TBA at the NYFA building in L.A.
- Auditions: Jul 23 in Burbank, CA
Casting "The Prisoner," a thesis film project for NYFA.
- Rehearsals begin the week of July 28 (tentative); runs Sept. 20-Oct. 26 (Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m., Sun. at 2 p.m.) at the Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center, 3050 Los Angeles Ave., Simi Valley, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 23 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting the Ventura County, CA premiere of "9 to 5: The Musical." Producer states: "This new, lighthearted musical, with music and lyrics by Dolly Parton and a book by Patricia Resnick, brings the original 1979 movie to life on the stage. Violet, Judy, and Doralee find themselves inadvertently holding their ...
- Shooting TBD in L.A.
- Auditions: Jul 24, 25 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Solitary," a short film for AFI that explores the psychology of an inmate being kept in long-term isolation in a prison's solitary confinement unit. Producer states: "This film will explore the following questions: What does long-term isolation do to the human spirit? What is an inmate like at the ...
- Season rehearses and runs in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 24 in Santa Barbara, CA
Casting Ensemble Theatre Co.'s 2014-15 season. Season includes: "Amadeus" (Peter Shaffer, writer; Jonathan Fox, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 16; runs Oct. 9-26); "The Best Brothers" (Daniel MacIvor, writer; Brian Shnipper, dir. Rehearsals begin Nov. 11; runs Dec. 4-21); "Intimate Apparel" (Lynn Nottage, writer; Saundra McClain, dir. Rehearsals begin Jan. 13, ...
- Rehearses Aug. 1 & 3 in L.A.; shoots Aug. 7-15 (break on Aug. 11) in L.A.
- Auditions: Jul 25, 27 in Burbank, CA
Casting "Mr. Cock," a student film for the New York Film Academy. Synopsis: Dying widower wants to reunite his family as one from ten years of painful memories, by letting his sons agree on his testament. But his sons only want to take this chance to gain their own desires, ...