LA Acting AuditionsFind:
Backstage's audition listings in Los Angeles include film, television, commercials, voiceover roles, and theater.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting calls sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses and performs August-September 2014 in SoCal. Note: As the show centers around both the performances and preparation for the actress stand-up comedy careers, the schedule will be flexible.
- Auditions: Jul 28 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Funny Girls," a new online reality series. Producer states: "I've worked as a professional stand-up comedian in L.A. for over 20 years. Using my stage, writing, directing, and producing experience, I'll take four-six girls and help them become professional stand-up comedians."
- Rehearsals begin September 2014; production runs Oct. 31–Nov. 2, 2014 at The Box in downtown Riverside’s Fox Entertainment Plaza, Riverside, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 28 in Riverside, CA
Casting Martin McDonagh’s “The Pillowman,” directed by Patrick Brien. Synopsis: Set in an interrogation room in an unnamed totalitarian dictatorship, the play centers on a writer whose gruesome stories have attracted the attention of the police.
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 4; runs Sept. 26-Oct. 12 at Camino Real Playhouse, 31776 El Camino Real, San Juan Capistrano, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 28, 29 in San Juan Capistrano, CA
Casting "Calamity Jane the Musical," the Southern California premiere production of the untold story of Calamity Jane. This Wild West show features original music by Larry Gatlin, Bishop, McBroom, and Nation. Producer states: "As the opening show of Camino Real Playhouse's 25th season, Calamity Jane will give the actors a ...
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 17, 2015; runs Apr. 18-May 10, 2015 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 29 in San Diego, CA
Casting "Uncanny Valley," a National New Play Network Rolling World Premiere. Synopsis: When Claire, a 70 year-old neuroscientist, finally comes face to face with Julian, the artificially-intelligent being she helped create, she is shocked to discover who is staring back at her. This drama proposes modern science as the creator ...
- Shooting begins Sept. 20 in L.A. area. Note: After casting there will be an Indiegogo campaign. Actors may be asked to shoot short interviews or trailer scenes to use in the campaign. Rates for such scenes will be negotiated separately. The rates listed here are for shooting beginning in September. Shooting is expected to be 10 non-consecutive days.
- Auditions: Jul 29, 30, 31 in Burbank, CA
Casting "Anna's Submlime Dystopia," a short film.
- "A or B?" begins rehearsals Sepr. 16; runs Oct. 15-Nov. 17. "Class" begins rehearsals Feb. 17; runs Mar. 18-Apr. 19 2015 (dark on Easter Apr. 5, 2015), with a possibility to extend in Burbank.
- Auditions: Jul 29 in Burbank, CA
Casting a world-premiere comedy "A or B?" by Ken Levine, in which sparks start flying when Abby and Ben meet during a job interview for a high-profile marketing job. But are they destined to become lovers or co-workers, or is it possible to be both? It's two romantic comedies in ...
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 20, 2014 in Ellenton, FL; opens Jan. 1, 2015 in Tampa, FL. Note: This is a touring position. Clown contracts are for one year, but are renewable each year depending on continued mutual interest. Will tour with the circus across the United States and perform in 35 cities per year.
- Auditions: Jul 29 in Anaheim, CA
Seeking clowns for the World Famous Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Clown Alley.
- Rehearsing mid August, shoots August 29th - September 2nd, LA
- Auditions: Jul 29, 30 in Burbank, CA
After his pregnant wife fell into a coma, a cartoonist has to fight against the reality and his imagination in order to make the toughest decision of his life.
- Shoots Aug. 2-3 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 29 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting for USC student film "The Rehearsal," a comedic mock commercial of a STD testing product. A young man nervously rehearses the 'STD talk' with his girlfriend.
- Shoots are ongoing.
- Auditions: Jul 30 in San Francisco, CA
Seeking contestants for "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire."
- Shoots July 17, 24, and 31, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (Basic Camp), and July 26 & 27, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-5 p.m. (Advanced Camp) at Pepperdine University in Malibu.
- Auditions: Jul 30 in Malibu, CA
Seeking participants for Pepperdine University's Summer Film Camp, featuring four various student films (drama, comedy, action, and music video).
- Casting: Wednesday: July 30th: 1 - 3 pm Shooting: Thursday: July 31st: 9 am - 12 pm (Lunch) 1 pm - 5 pm (Wrap) Location: Pepperdine University / Special Programs / USPA 24255 Pacific Cost Highway Malibu, CA 90263-4264
- Auditions: Jul 30 in Malibu, CA
Four (4) Student Films will be Casting & Shooing next week: July 30th & 31st... Sun, Surf, Cinema... Overlooking the lovely Malibu Coastline at Pepperdine University... Comedy, Drama, Thriller... Anything is possible.
- NYFA building in L.A.
- Auditions: Jul 30 in Burbank, CA
Casting "The Prisoner," a thesis film project for NYFA.
- Company is based in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Auditions: Jul 31 in North Hollywood, CA and Aug 1 in New York, NY
Odyssey Dance Theatre is casting its 2014-15 season. Company states: "Founded and directed by Broadway, Ballet West, and film and TV veteran Derryl Yeager, ODT is a professional jazz/ballet company with performance opportunities, including three home seasons in Salt Lake City with over 30 performances and a European tour. Thayne, ...
- Performs in Las Vegas, NV and/or European & U.S. Tour.
- Auditions: Aug 1 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting dancers for Chippendales. Casting director states: "The #1 Male Revue in the world is seeking athletically fit males possessing the charisma and good looks to shine the big stage. Selected performers will also be featured in the Chippendales International Calendar."
- Rehearses and performs 2015 in Osaka, Japan.
- Auditions: Aug 15, 16 in Las Vegas, NV and Aug 19, 20 in Los Angeles, CA and Aug 23, 24 in Chicago, IL and Aug 27, 28 in Orlando, FL and Aug 1, 30, 31 in New York, NY
Universal Studios Japan® is returning to the USA, and looking for excellent talent to join its team in Osaka, Japan in 2015. Casting character actors & hosts, dancers who sing well, singers who move well, and female dancers with technical training.