LA Acting AuditionsFind:
Backstage's audition listings in Los Angeles include film, television, commercials, voiceover roles, and theater.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting calls sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin April 21 (two afternoons/wk at the iO West Theater; performs June 1 with further run dates TBD in Hollywood, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting "Beguiled," an outrageous new musical comedy. Immediately after being evicted from Eden, Adam and Eve are transported to modern day San Francisco, where Adam becomes America's favorite bad boy, and Eve is put on trial for the downfall of humanity.
- Shoots Apr. 19 & 20 in SoCal.
- Auditions: Apr 17 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting a short, "Gave Ya" featuring Columbus Short based on a relationship between a recording artist and one of his dancers audition.
- Shoots May 12-June 7 in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Apr 17, 18, 19, 20 in Houston, TX
Casting a new untitled reality series featuring Nigerian wives, ladies, and anyone related to the Nigerian community in Houston. Company states: "Are you phenomenal and just so fabulous? We are looking for you!"
- Shoot starts early May and will be ongoing in Burbank.
- Auditions: Apr 17 in West Hollywood, CA
Seeking the new face of a rapidly growing clothing line, Naked Wardrobe.
- Rehearsals and performance TBD, in Irvine, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 17 in Irvine, CA
Casting the variety show "Once Upon A Time In Drag." Performances can include traditional drag, gender-themed performance art, spoken word, and more as long as the theme relates to "once upon a time."
- Performs April 19 at 2 p.m. at the Allendale Branch Library in Pasadena, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 17, 18 in Monrovia, CA
Casting a staged reading of "Hamlet Resurrected," a sequel to Shakespeare's Hamlet. Prod. states: "This will be performed before a large audience that is to include key people from the industry."
- Rehearses May 20-July 16 at Red Door Playhouse in El Cajon, CA; runs July 17-Aug. 2 at Mt. Helix Amphitheater in La Mesa, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 17 in El Cajon, CA
Casting "Les Miserables" the world’s longest-running musical. Synopsis: Discover a nation in the grip of revolution, where convict Jean Valjean is on the run. Hunted relentlessly by the policeman Javert for breaking his parole, he must leave his past behind and keep his vow to raise the young orphaned Cosette. ...
- Shoots late April at the University of Southern California.
- Auditions: Apr 18 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting a comedic web series, "Shalom!" about Reuben, a Jewish college student who lives on an all Latino floor. Producer states: "This show follows many characters and follows them develop relationships with other characters all as college comedy ensues."
- Rehearsals begin April 23; opens May 16 (projected) at The Next Stage Theatre in Hollywood, CA. Performances will be once a week, for four weeks with a possible three week extension.
- Auditions: Apr 19 in Hollywood, CA
Casting "Broadway, Here We Come!" a new musical theater review set in song cycle format. Most of the pieces in the show are from current, up-and-coming Musical Theater composers with a few, more standard pieces thrown in.
- Rehearses June-July 2014 on weekends; performs one weekend in July TBD in L.A.
- Auditions: Apr 19 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Seussical: The Musical," a Summer Camp production for ages 6-16. In this Dr. Seuss adventure, The Cat in the Hat tells the story of Horton, an elephant, who discovers a speck of dust containing Whos, including Jojo, a Who child sent off to a butter battling military school for ...
- Rehearsals begin May 2014 (2-4 hours per gig); works ongoing in the San Fernando Valley, CA area. Note: Must be available to work in the summer, most weekends throughout the day, and weekday mornings.
- Auditions: Apr 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 in North Hollywood, CA
Fun and Discovery Entertainment, a children's entertainment company, seeks performers for various children's programs. Venues include school assemblies, mall shows, hospitals, birthday parties, libraries, and street fairs.
- Rehearsal would be over the next two months. The play would be put up in mid-June.
- Auditions: Apr 21 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting the female lead in my play, "Do Not Disturb The Disturbed" - An eccentric New York playwright is kidnapped by his manager and locked in a hotel room after he refuses to finish the ending for the shitty Hollywood romantic comedy he's been hired to write.
- Rehearsals begin in early July 2014; performs Aug. 21-31 in Chapman University's Moulton Hall Studio Theatre in Orange, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 21 in Orange, CA
Casting OC-centric: Orange County's New Play Festival. Now in its fourth year, it will feature productions of two full-length and three one-act plays.