Acting Auditions NYCFind:
Backstage's acting auditions in New York include theater, movies, television, commercials, and voiceover roles.
New casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following NYC listings display productions and character breakdowns for New York City and the NY Tri State area. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 28; runs Nov. 27-Dec. 23 (no rehearsal or performance on Thanksgiving, Nov. 26) in Louisville, KY.
- Auditions: Sep 22 in New York, NY
Seeking the Ghost of Christmas Present only in "A Christmas Carol." All other roles in this production have been cast.57 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin Tuesday, September 15th. Every Tuesday and Thursday leading up to the performances. Located in Brooklyn. Performance Dates are as follows: TECH: Sunday, 9/27 Tech continues: Monday 9/28 Full tech dress: Tuesday 9/29 Performances: Wednesday 9/30 8:00 pm Thursday 10/1 8:00 pm Friday 10/2 DARK Saturday 10/3 8:00pm Sunday 10/4 1:00pm Strike: Sunday 10/4 3:00 pm-whenever
- Auditions: Sep 15 in Brooklyn, NY
"Frat Pie" is an immersive piece about the height of hazing in the United States Greek Society. It explores how far someone is willing to go for acceptance. There are themes of humiliation, aggression, and harassment. "Frat Pie" will be showcased at Columbia University. While there is no payment, you ...1 hours ago
- Rehearses in October and November, and performs in December in Brooklyn, NY. We will most likely rehearse in Williamsburg at Standard ToyKraft. Our industrial, found-space performance environment is still TBA. We will most likely rehearse four nights a week, Monday - Thursday, from 6pm - 10pm. Performances will likely run from December 4th - December 20th on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Auditions: Sep 21 in Brooklyn, NY
Casting Ubu Rex, for performance in December. Ubu is an anarchic, absurdist, French play from the turn of the 20th century. We are looking for a small crew of brave actors, willing to experiment with mask, clowning and found-space work. This will be an uproarious farce, set at a post-apocalyptic ...1 hours ago
- We intend to do rehearsal last week September, Start shoot First week October (3 weeks). All locations are in North Jersey in New Jersey.
- Auditions: Sep 20 in East Orange, NJ
This story has been performed as a stage play that got good reviews. Our intention to make a movie of it comes from the demand from people who have seen the play. Some migrants arrive in America with high expectations that often need to be adjusted. Change comes easy to ...2 hours ago
- October 9th and 10th
- Seeking submissions from: New york, NY
Short film Tribeca film fest hopeful.9 hours ago
- Audition schedule is pending, but should take place before the end of October.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "The Invincible Bunch," a comedic online series presentation written by C.Edwards, produced by Jerry Portwood. Synopsis: 5 disparate gay men get together for a weekly role playing game.11 hours ago
- Rehearses one or two days in late-Sept./early Oct. 2015; shoots around Oct. 10-19 (five or six days) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Time is the Longest Distance," a 15-minute MFA thesis film which is a bittersweet tale of an estranged son's journey to reconnect with his Alzheimer's-stricken father, and the teenage boy he meets along the way. Director states: "This film will premiere at Cityvisions Fest at Directors Guild of America ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 21 (generally Mon.-Thurs., 7-9 p.m.); runs Nov. 13-Dec. 12 (weekends) in The Kweskin Theatre, Stamford, CT.
- Auditions: Sep 14, 15 in Stamford, CT
Casting "Bonnie and Clyde," the new musical.15 hours ago