Acting Auditions NYCFind:
Backstage's acting auditions in New York include theater, movies, television, commercials, and voiceover roles.
New casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following NYC listings display productions and character breakdowns for New York City and the NY Tri State area. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin mid- to late-Aug. 2014 (mid-afternoon hrs.); runs late-Sept. to mid-Oct. 2014 with late shows on Fri. & Sat. at 10:30 p.m. at Producers Club Theatres in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 5 in New York, NY
Casting lead role of King in "White Trash," a 75-minute play drama about two roommates, Kyle and Tommy, who both discover each other's secrets, which turns their relationship into an emotional rollercoaster ride as Kyle's flashback about his dark past comes back to haunt him.29 minutes ago
- Shoots Aug. 6 in Whippany, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: Paramus, NJ
Seeking model/actress to act as lead spokeswoman for a high end automotive credit company.48 minutes ago
- Shoots Aug. 30 at night at a house location near Philadelphia International Airport.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA
Casting extras for "Understudies," a short film about two less-than-great party clowns who try their hand at a new kind of party entertainment, and it's not what they expect.56 minutes ago
- Rehearses June 14-21 (must arrive June 14; rehearsals begin June 15 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs June 26 & 27 (7 p.m.); depart June 28. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Sep 20 in New York, NY and Sep 27 in Nashville, TN and Oct 25 in Redding, CA and Dec 6 in Toledo, OH and Dec 7 in Detroit, MI and Dec 8 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Annie," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are also additional performing ...Thursday
- Workshop runs Mondays (Aug. 4, 11, 18, and 25, 12-5 p.m.) or Tuesdays (Aug. 5, 12, 19, and 26, 6-11 p.m.) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; CT
Seeking participants for the Craft Gym Actors Workshop. Coordinator states: "Do you have a place to work on your instrument, technique, and great material all in one class or workshop? Have you ever been curious how actors from training different from your own are working? Do you need a safe ...6 hours ago
- Shoots in August in the NYC/NJ area.
- Seeking submissions from: NY; NJ
Casting and seeking crew for "The Davila Sisters," a web series about four sisters from different backgrounds who have to face the real world without the guidance of their parents after a deadly car crash. Production states: "It is not a student project. This is being produced by an independent ...12 hours ago
- Shoots the first week of September in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Straight Line," a short art film that will be submitted to festivals. Synopsis: "Straight Line" is a love story told through dance and other visual ways.13 hours ago
- Shoots Aug. 5 at NYU building in NY.
- Auditions: Jul 31 in New York, NY
Casting adaptation of the famous 1995 "Late Show with David Letterman" interview wherein Barrymore flashes Letterman. For final project in an NYU Studio TV course.15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 24; runs Apr. 24- June 7 at the Arena Stage in Washington, DC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting Katori Hall's "Blood Quilt," a play about four disconnected sisters gathering at their childhood island home, off the coast of Georgia, to create a family quilt to honor their recently deceased mother. When their reunion turns into a reading of their mother's will, everyone must grapple with a troubling ...18 hours ago
- Rehearses Dec. 16; runs Jan. 23, 28, and Feb. 22, 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 18 in New York, NY
Casting "The Widow Lincoln," a play set during the weeks following Abraham Lincoln’s murder at Ford’s Theatre, portraying a very human Mary in the aftermath of her husband’s death as she mourns the postwar life they will never share. Commissioned as part of the Ford’s 150, a series of events ...18 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 5-Aug. 15; shoots Aug. 18-24 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 2 in New York City, NY
Casting "Two Brothers," a film in which a boy sees his father killed by a mafia adviser. Having nightmares about it, he decides the only way to gain closure is through revenge. Joining his older brother in the mafia, who unknowingly works for the same adviser, he is murdered in ...18 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 18 (Mon. & Wed., 7-10 p.m. & Sat., 1-4 p.m.); performs Sept. 27 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NY; NJ; CT; PA; DE
Casting "Cherish Every Precious Moment," a play about how youth are impacted by the choices adults make.19 hours ago