Acting Auditions NYCFind:
Backstage's acting auditions in New York include theater, movies, television, commercials, and voiceover roles.
New casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following NYC listings display productions and character breakdowns for New York City and the NY Tri State area. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsal begin the week of Aug. 18; some small music rehearsal may happen before; all rehearsals are in the evening at White Plains PAC, located 30 min. outside NYC via Metro North; runs Sept. 19-21 in White Plains, NY.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in New York, NY and Aug 5 in White Plains, NY
Casting the New York regional premiere of "Dogfight." Producer states: "The hauntingly beautiful musical 'Dogfight' by Pasek and Paul ('Edges,' 'James and the Giant Peach,' 'A Christmas Story') and Peter Duchan was praised by countless critics and nominated for nearly every award available including winning the Lucille Lortel Award for ...18 hours ago
- Shoots at the end of September in NYC, in 3D.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY; New York, NY
Casting "No Xcape," a feature film. Synopsis: "No Xcape" is about two troubled sisters, C-lo and Elena, female fighters with the skills to take down a man twice their size, who just got out of Juvenile and are looking to regain their life fighting in the hood.18 hours ago
- Crowdfunding campaign begins after roles are cast; film shoots one or two days in October and Nov. 14-16 in Massachusetts.
- Seeking submissions from: Marlborough, MA; Boston, MA; New York, NY
SBFilms' "Trent" (working title) is a short film taking on the sci-fi thriller genre from indie award-winning short filmmaker Curtis James Salt ("Mosden," "Adonis"). Synopsis: The film is about a college student grappling with mental illness only to discover an unwelcome house guest of unknown origin.20 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 14 at Shelter Studios, 244 W. 54th St., NYC; runs Sept. 20-27 at American Theatre of Actors, 314 W. 54th St., NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 8, 9 in New York, NY
Casting "Sea Legs: A Nautical New Musical," an original off-off-Broadway musical.21 hours ago
- Shoots Sept. 19-21 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Mother Tongue," a student thesis film for NYU. Synopsis: Sara, a young Iranian, struggles against her more traditional father. The morning after a heated argument, Sara awakes to discover her father died in his sleep. As she makes her way through his funeral, she cannot escape the incessant demand ...21 hours ago