Acting Auditions NYCFind:
Backstage's acting auditions in New York include theater, movies, television, commercials, and voiceover roles.
New casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following NYC listings display productions and character breakdowns for New York City and the NY Tri State area. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses in the fall in NY; exact shoot dates TBD.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; New Jersey, NJ
Casting "911," pseudo-documentary thriller with a government conspiracy plot.Sep 15
- Shoot dates: Dec 9th-14th, 16th- 21st, and Jan 3rd-8th
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ
Casting for "Bar Songs," an R-rated, musical film. Twelve rock songs frame this tale of one wild weekend in the life of a self-destructive alcoholic.Sep 03
- Rehearses early November 2013; shoots November 27th-December 1st in Hornell, NY (Upstate).
- Seeking submissions from: NY; NJ
Casting "Superior," a New York University Graduate student film that explores the profound relationship between Vivian and Marian, a pair of teenage identical twins living with their single father in a small town. When their dad invites a man from out of town to spend the night at their house, ...Aug 15
- Shooting through Feb. 2014 (with additional shoot dates TBA). Performers will also be invited to the final screening/release.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "Play Your Position," a short romantic comedy about the ups and downs of dating.Jul 02
- Shoots Saturdays beginning December 2013 in or around Poughkeepsie, NY. Note: Wildcard guests should have one Saturday available. Panelists should have regular availability on Saturday.
- Seeking submissions from: Lagrangeville, NY; Poughkeepsie, NY; New York, NY
Casting "Wisdom," a scripted web-series in which a panel debates issues and politics. One panel member is the moderator, the other three reflect various perspectives such as liberal, conservative, and hippy.Jul 01