Acting Auditions NYCFind:
Backstage's acting auditions in New York include theater, movies, television, commercials, and voiceover roles.
New casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following NYC listings display productions and character breakdowns for New York City and the NY Tri State area. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 19, 2015; runs March 10-April 4 in Lancaster, PA.
- Auditions: Sep 8, in New York, NY
Casting "The Producers."1 hours ago
- Shoots TBD in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
A popular Netflix series seeks nonunion to portray Parisian ravers. Note: No unsolicited emails.32 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin early-Oct. 2014; opens Dec. 6 (three of four performances) in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 7, 8 in New York, NY
Casting "Grease." Company states: "Life in Luggage is an up and coming non-profit production company that provides a foundation for new and emerging artists in the city to work and create within the evolving business."1 hours ago
- Students are encouraged to take 1hr. lesson 1 day/week.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY; Manhattan, NY; Astoria, NY
The Jonathan Hack Studio is now accepting new students for voice lessons, coachings, audition prep, and monologue work. Conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan and Carroll Gardens, BK, Jonathan has been working with beginners to Broadway for the past 10 years. Teachings are based on the time-honored bel canto technique and ...1 hours ago
- Performs Aug. 29 at 7 p.m. at the St. Clement's Theatre in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NY
Seeking participants for "Freak," to serve as audience participation plants. Director states: "We're looking for people to be planted in the audience of our play. You would only have one line to say."3 hours ago
- Rehearses late-Sept. 2014 in NYC; performs Sept. 30 at 6:30 p.m. at Studio 145 at Intersections International in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 3 in New York, NY
Casting a staged reading of "Uniform Justice," which tells a story of a community where police and civilians search for answers to the dilemma of retaliatory violence and the challenges police face in preventing it, the main barrier being the strained relationship between the two groups. This story is experienced ...5 hours ago
- Rehearses Sept. 20 & 21; shoots Sept. 23-29 in NYC. Note: shoot should take three to four days.
- Auditions: Aug 31, Sep 7 in New York, NY
Casting "Back Home," a student thesis film for NYFA about a young boy who runs away from home and meets a girl and what happens between them. The story examines the problems between teenagers and their family.14 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 30-Nov. 20 (Tues. evenings & Sat.); performs Nov. 21-23 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 30 in New York, NY
Casting a production of the African folktale "Anansi the Spider," an African dance production that tells the story of how Anansi the Trickster retrieved the stories of the Ashanti people and returned them to his village. The production uses lighting projection, costuming, puppetry and of course dance to bring the ...15 hours ago