Acting Auditions in Los AngelesFilter by popular productions:
Backstage's acting auditions in Los Angeles include film, television, commercials, theater, and voiceover roles.
New LA casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for L.A., Hollywood, and Southern California.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox. Backstage: Your LA casting resource on the West Coast.
- Rehearses Nov. 17, 2014-Feb. 19, 2015, 6-10 p.m; runs Feb. 20-28, 2015 at the theatre in Glen Rock, NJ.
- Auditions: Nov 3 in New York, NY and Nov 5 in Glen Rock, NJ
Casting five incredibly strong singer/dancers (21+) with break/pop/hip-hop and precision showmanship for "Altar Boyz."Oct 10
- Contract dates vary.
- Auditions: Nov 5, 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting singers, and dancers for productions aboard Carnival cruises.Thursday
- Producers state: "Our theater produces work 50 of the 52 weeks in a year in Chicago, IL. First-year Neos are required to write and perform for a majority of those weeks."
- Auditions: Nov 8, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind," a rotating selection of very short plays.Oct 08
- "Crazy for You" rehearsals begin Jan. 31, 2015; runs Feb. 12-Apr. 4. "The Drowsy Chaperone" rehearsals begin Mar. 28; runs Apr. 9-May 10 in Indianapolis, IN.
- Auditions: Nov 8 in Carmel, IN
Casting "Crazy for You" (George Gershwin, music; Ira Gershwin, lyrics; Ken Ludwig, book; Eddie Curry, dir.; Ron Morgan, choreo.; Terry Woods, musical dir.; Ed Stockman, stage mgr.) and "The Drowsy Chaperone" (Lisa Lambert and Greg Morrison, music and lyrics; Bob Martin and Don McKellar, book; Ron Morgan, dir.-choreo.; Kristy Templet, ...Oct 09
- Rehearses weeknights beginning November 19. No rehearsals on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years Day. Show runs April 11-12, in Chicago, IL. Rehearsals will be held in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago.
- Auditions: Nov 9, 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Broadway Debut," a play.Sep 05
- Rehearses weeknights, December 1-18, 2014 and January 5-February 5, 2015. Runs February 13-22, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 10, 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Tragedy of Lear," a play. Project description: "A fully gender-swapped adaptation of Shakespeare's 'King Lear,' exploring jealousy, loyalty, dementia, violence, and gender representation in 'classical' theater.Oct 14
- Contracts run May 11–Sept. 5, 2015 (summer season); May 11-Oct. 31, 2015 (summer/fall season); and Aug. 17–Oct. 31, 2015 (fall season) in Cedar City, UT.
- Auditions: Nov 10 in Chicago, IL
Seeking male and female actors for Utah Shakespeare Festival's summer/fall season of rotating repertory productions. Season includes "Charley's Aunt" (Brandon Thomas, writer); "Amadeus" (Peter Shaffer, writer); Rodgers and Hammerstein's "South Pacific;" Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew;" Shakespeare's "Henry the Fourth Part Two;" Shakespeare's "King Lear;" "Dracula" (Steven Dietz, writer); ...Saturday
- Shoots in Norway.
- Auditions: Nov 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Great Norway Adventure," Norway's #1 reality TV show. Project description: "The series follows 12 Norwegian-Americans who fly to Norway and immerse themselves in the culture and compete in a series of adventurous and fun challenges."Oct 03
- Shows are ongoing in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting for "Blue Man Group," a theatrical performance. Project description: "Best known for multimedia performances that feature three bald and blue characters, 'Blue Man Group' is theater, ritual, performance art, comedy, rock music and dance party all rolled into one."May 27
- Arrive in Kilgore, Texas May 15, 2015. Rehearsals begin May 17, 2015, for a ten-week commitment. Shows open June 25-28, 2015.
- Auditions: Nov 12, 13, 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting the Texas Shakespeare Festival. Shows include the musical "Man of La Mancha," and the plays "A Midsummer Night's Dream," "The Nerd," and "Twelfth Night."Oct 14
- Rehearsals begin December. Runs February 14-March 15, 2015, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 14, 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Baby with the Bathwater," a play. Project description: "Helen and John, unprepared for parenthood, can’t seem to name the baby. John says it’s a boy, Helen says they can decide later. Follow John, Helen, and Daisy – a polite, confused young man - through his years of therapy."Oct 13
- Performances run March 13-15 & 20-22, 2015, in Deerfield, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 10, 13 in Deerfield, IL
Casting the play, "Barefoot in the Park," a comedy. Project description: "Newlyweds Corie and Paul begin married life in a tiny 5th floor walkup apartment in a mid-Manhattan brownstone. Paul is a strait-laced attorney, while Corie is a far more spontaneous free spirit. The young couple must contend with a ...Oct 14
- Runs Mar. 13-14, 2015 in NYC and Apr. 18 in Rochester, NY.
- Auditions: Jan 24 in New York, NY
Seeking singer/actors for the 2015 Lotte Lenya Competition, a program of The Kurt Weill Foundation for Music and an international theater singing contest that emphasizes wide-ranging repertoire and the acting of songs and arias within a dramatic context. The competition recognizes young singer/actors in repertoire ranging from opera/operetta to contemporary ...Sep 26
- Annual renewable contracts begin Aug. 1, 2015 and end July 31, 2016. Relocation to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN) necessary for the position.
- Auditions: Feb 20 in Minneapolis, MN
Seeking tenors, baritones, and basses for the 2015-16 season of Cantus, "the nation’s only full-time artist-led vocal ensemble." Company states: " Cantus is an internationally-touring ensemble based in arts-rich Twin Cities, performing 70+ concerts and 30+ outreach activities each season. Repertoire spans all periods and genres. Represented by Alliance Artist ...Oct 08
- Rehearsal and production dates & locations vary by theater/company.
- Auditions: Mar 5, 6, 7 in Chattanooga, TN
Casting for various professional theaters at Southeastern Theatre Conference (SETC). Company states: "Join 80+ professional theater companies for real jobs, with real theaters, for real opportunities! Repertory, dinner, stock, summer, outdoor, touring, theme park, and cruise line theaters will be hiring leads, supporting, character, ensemble, chorus, dance line actors, and ...yesterday