Auditions for kidsBackstage regularly posts auditions for kids of a variety of ages. Kids roles include productions in film, TV, theater, commercials, and more.
New auditions for kids are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Series premieres September 20, for an open-ended run in Tempe, AZ.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in Tempe, AZ
Casting "The Monsterjunkies," a webseries. Project description: "Another unusual creature has been delivered to the vast estate at 1313 Road to Nowhere in Foggy Point, Maine, to add to the collection of odd, rare, or thought to be extinct species. This is a place where the magical is real and ...Tuesday
- Competition starts late September at a TBA location.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA; Princeton, NJ; Allentown, PA; Harrisburg, PA; Lancaster, PA
Seeking models and actors of all ages for "Phillies Got Talent" to show case their talent on stage "in front of some of the entertainments worlds biggest companies and producers."Tuesday
- This will be a one day shoot in September, in Santa Fe, NM.
- Seeking submissions from: Santa Fe, NM
Casting "The Cage," a short film starring Julia Minesi (Wendy in "Breaking Bad").Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 15. Tech rehearsal Oct. 4; runs Oct. 10-12, 16-19, & 23-26 (three performances/wk.) in White Plains, NY.
- Auditions: Sep 2, 3, 8 in White Plains, NY
Casting "Sweeney Todd." Synopsis: "Sweeney Todd" is an infamous tale of British folklore about an unjustly exiled barber who returns to 19th century London seeking vengeance against the lecherous judge who framed him and ravaged his young wife. The road to revenge leads Todd to Mrs. Lovett, a resourceful proprietress ...Tuesday
- Shoots in October in NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Storytellers," an independent feature film; a characters-based, dialogue-driven drama.Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 29; runs Oct. 22-Nov. 16 in Bloomfield, MI.
- Auditions: Sep 9 in W. Bloomfield, MI
Casting "Enter Laughing," a play.Tuesday
- Rehearses early Sept.; runs Oct. 9-11 in midtown Manhattan.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Detroit Blues," a full-length dramatic play. Synopsis: "Detroit Blues" is a coming of age ensemble play set in a middle class neighborhood of Detroit, during the days leading up to and including the 1967 urban uprising. Claudia is a black girl who learns painful secrets from her family’s past ...Tuesday
- Production runs November 21-December 23, in Omaha, NE.
- Auditions: Sep 13, 15, 16 in Omaha, NE
Casting for the musical "A Christmas Carol." Project description: "Experience Omaha’s favorite holiday tradition as Ebenezer Scrooge takes us on a life-changing journey filled with beautiful costumes, exquisite music, perfectly crafted sets and special effects second to none. Perfect for the whole family!"Tuesday
- Shooting the first week of October 2014, and four days in January 2015, in VA.
- Auditions: Sep 12, 13, 14 in Richmond, VA
Casting "Oddstruck," a short film about a young girl’s journey of self-discovery.Tuesday
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 30; runs Nov. 18-Jan. 4, 2015 in Lancaster, PA.
- Auditions: Sep 9, 10, 11, 12 in New York, NY
Casting "White Christmas," a play based on the original film.Tuesday
- Shoots Oct. 11-17 in Burlington County and Salem County, NJ.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 7 in New York, NY
Casting "Bears Discover Fire," a Columbia University sci-fi short student film about bears that discover how to use fire, and the remarkable effect it has on a family in small-town America.Tuesday
- Rehearses in winter 2014 in Northern CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Santa Rosa, CA; San Fransico, CA
Casting "100 Years." Synopsis: A girl seeks to find her parents.Monday
- Songs will be recorded in Philadelphia, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA; New York, NY; Washington, DC; Baltimore, MD; Philadelphia, PA
Seeking studio/demo pop singers to sing on songs to be shopped to various artists and record labels. Coordinators state: "Particularly seeking exceptional expressiveness (of many colors) in performance, which strikes fire in people's hearts. Should have a professional attitude. Singer/lyricists are also welcome."Tuesday
- Classes run this fall at Ripley-Grier Studios in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking kids for "Acting Through Song: Find Your Honesty," an acting training program for aspiring musical theater actors. Owner states: "We will work on songs from the acting perspective and find out how to connect to material in a real, honest, and grounded way. Kids will learn tools and gain ...Tuesday
- Competition runs weekly at the West End Lounge and Cabaret on the Upper West Side, NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 3 in New York, NY
Seeking contestants for the new season of "So You Think You Can Belt!," an eight-week singing competition from the producers of "Bound for Broadway," "Bitter Bitches," and "N.E.W. Musicals." Producer states: "SYTYCB is quickly becoming the best competition in town; join us for awesome cash prizes, free drinks, giveaways, and ...Tuesday
- Rehearses Sept. 2014; shoots Oct. 17-20 in Valencia and Van Nuys, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Double Six." Synopsis: "After a romantic dinner at home, two young couples on a double date, decide to play a board game. Teel introduces a box set of black vintage dominoes he ordered online. They all enter a new unusual game that allows them to see into the supernatural ...Tuesday
- Shoots mid-Nov. 2014 in NYC & Jersey City, NJ.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "The Mint." Synopsis: "A talented music producer/executive must set his priorities straight and regain his love for music if he ever wants to be truly successful in the music industry."Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 19 (Tues. & Fri., 5-9 p.m. and Sat., 12-8 p.m.); tech rehearsals and performances Nov. 11-23 in Manhattan, NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 10, 11 in New York, NY
Casting for Kidz Theater's fall mainstage production of "Smile." Synopsis: Featuring the song "Disneyland," "Smile" is a hilarious, heartwarming, and thought-provoking satire following the events of a California teen beauty pageant. Written by Marvin Hamlisch ("A Chorus Line") and Howard Ashman ("Little Shop of Horrors," "The Little Mermaid," "Beauty and ...Monday
- Shooting October 1-November 28, in Austin, TX.
- Seeking submissions from: Austin, TX
Casting for the independent feature film "The Green Ghost." Project description: "The story of a car salesman who, as a child, was accidentally given superpowers from coming into contact with Aztec crystals and now has to overcome self-doubt in order to utilize those powers to fight off the fabled Lechusa, ...Monday
- Rehearses October 29, 2014-January 7, 2015. Production will run January 8-11, in Dallas, TX.
- Auditions: Oct 18 in Dallas, TX
Casting for the musical "In the Heights." Production description: "The story is set over the course of three days, involving an ensemble cast of characters in the largely Dominican-American neighborhood of Washington Heights in New York City."Aug 22
- Rehearses Mondays and Wednesday in October, plus Tuesday October 21, in Chicago IL. Tech is November 3. Performs November 8.
- Auditions: Sep 22 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Underground Effect," a play. Project description: "A short play that explores racism in the Black community, young love, social norms, and the controversial topic of interracial love. The play takes place in modern times at a high school in a suburb down South."Monday
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 20. Previews begin Nov. 14; runs Nov. 19-Dec. 14 (no performance Thanksgiving Day) in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 5 in New York, NY
Casting "On A Stool At The End Of The Bar."Monday
- Shooting winter 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "The Sacrifice," an independent film. Project description: "The story begins in Northern India, with a pregnant woman being chased and killed. From that mysterious crime, we come to America, where we meet little brothers Samir and Pran. They have come from India to stay with their relatives in Chicago. ...Monday