Auditions for kidsBackstage regularly posts auditions for kids of a variety of ages. Kids roles include productions in film, TV, theater, commercials, and more.
New auditions for kids are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Shooting April 16-22 in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Chicago Fire," an NBC TV series. Project description: "An edge-of-your-seat view into the lives of everyday heroes committed to one of America's noblest professions."Monday
- Shooting this April, in Atlanta, GA.
- Seeking submissions from: Atlanta, GA
Casting background for the Lionsgate ("The Hunger Games," "Twilight," "Divergent") feature film "Mineral," rumored to be the shooting title of "Insurgent." The film "Insurgent" is the sequel to "Divergent," starring Shailene Woodley, Theo James & Kate Winslet.Monday
- Performances run October 17-18, in Phoenix, AZ.
- Auditions: May 10 in Mesa, AZ
Casting "Dented," an original musical. Projection Description: "A funny and thought provoking story that centers around the staff and loyal customers of Ms. Mabel Soul Food Kitchen. The restaurant is vibrant and alive with laughter and filled with the succulent and savory smells of southern cooking. Ms. Mabel serves up ...Monday
- Rehearses and performs in Midtown Manhattan, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; New York, NY; CT
Casting a backers production of "Casey - 30 Years Later!" a comedy play is based upon the cult film favorite horror film "Basket Case" by director/writer Frank Henenlotter. Released in 1982, this horror film tells the story of a young man who carries his deformed conjoined twin brother in a ...Sunday
- Rehearses and performs TBD in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Indie label is seeking a female singer for a girl band.Sunday
- Showcase runs Apr. 1-30, 2014 on stagelighter.com.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking contestants for Stagelighter.com's Broadway online showcase. Panelists will include Duncan Stewart ("Pippin," "Chicago"), Stephen Kopel ("The Glass Menagerie," "Once"), Karyn Casl ("Glengarry Glen Ross"), Adam Caldwell ("Cinderella"), Michael Cassara ("Forbidden Broadway"), and Gayle Seay ("Nice Work if You Can Get It" tour).Sunday
- Weeknight rehearsals will be held in May, June & July for select performers. Saturday workshops will be held in June for all performers in NYC. Outdoor onsite rehearsals will be held weekends in June & July in Tuxedo, NY. Faire runs eight weekends (Sat. & Sun.) Aug. 2-Sept. 21 (17 perfs. total, including Labor Day Monday) in Tuxedo, NY. Commitment runs 9 a.m.-7 p.m. on performance days. Company members are required to commit to the run of the show.
- Auditions: May 2 in Tuxedo Park, NY and May 3 in New York, NY
Casting the 37th season of the New York Renaissance Faire. Season includes: "Queen Elizabeth’s Court"; "The Tales of Robin Hood"; "The Living Chess Games"; "Chit Chat with Do-Good and the Kat"; "Storybook Theatre"; "Trial and Punishment"; "Kidsquest"; "The Crown Madrigals"; "The Sirens of Sterling"; "Rascals & Rogues"; and other stage ...Sunday
- Shoots April 26 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NEW YORK, NY
Casting "The Bow," a student film for NYU about girl battling a sense of impending doom. Think Fellini meets "Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind."Sunday
- Rehearses May 18-July 24 (3-4 days per week); performs July 25-27 in University Park, IL.
- Auditions: May 12, 13 in University Park, IL
The Southland Area Theatre Ensemble is casting "In The Heights."Apr 11
- Multiple shoot dates begin May 9, in Kirkland and Renton, WA.
- Seeking submissions from: Bellevue, WA; Seattle, WA
Casting for photo series with Hero Labs. Project description: "Hero Labs is seeking several models for an Earth goddess photo series that incorporates elements like leather, fur, clay and crocheted shot in outdoor settings. These photos are experimental, artistic, and will enhance my portfolio."Apr 11
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 28; runs Dec. 5, 2014-Jan. 4, 2015 in Syracuse, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Syracuse, NY
Casting "Hairspray."Apr 10
- Rehearsals begin June 9 and will run Mondays-Fridays, 6:30-10:30 p.m. (no rehearsal July 4); runs July 11-20 in Monrovia, CA.
- Auditions: May 5, 7, 8 in Monrovia, CA
Casting "The Wizard of Oz," based on the book by L. Frank Baum, with music and lyrics by Harold Arlen and E.Y. Harburg, adapted by John Kane for the Royal Shakespeare Company. Little Dorothy Gale of Kansas – like so many girls her age – dreams of what lies over ...Apr 11
- Rehearses and shoots TBD in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 19, 26, 27 in New York, NY
Casting "Love 8023." Synopsis: Arlen Nox is a musical composer who has acquired success at a young age. Having trouble finding happiness, he marries Iris, a nurturing gardener that loves him unconditionally. After a car crash that kills his wife and leaves him blind, Arlen finds himself in a state ...Apr 11
- Shoot dates are TBD in NYC and Eastern North Carolina.
- Seeking submissions from: Raleigh, NC; Wilmington, NC; Norfolk, Virginia Beach, VA; Eastern North Carolina, NC
Casting a feature, "Annie." Torn between a caring lover and crazed producer, Annie seeks to define herself as a transgendered performance artist living in New York. But when a troubled memory from her past begins to haunt her day-to-day activities, Annie begins to unravel at the seams. A film about ...Apr 11
- Rehearses and shoots in June in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Transition Project," a feature-length, multi-layered student film for NYU exploring the relationship between human and the city. Synopsis: A young father experiences a breakdown and his child saves his relationship. The film tells the story with narrative, dance, and sculpture.Apr 11
- Rehearses late April; shoots mid-May in Los Angeles.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "They Watch You Sleep," about 8-year-old Ginny who is trying to go to go to sleep but something is in the room, lurking and watching her.Apr 07
- Rehearses and shoots late June in Tampa, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Tampa, FL
Casting "No, Thank You.," a whimsical comedic short film about a guy who has a phobia of food.Apr 11
- Shoots April 16-May 3 in Brooklyn. Most days will last 10-12 hours.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Brooklyn, NY
Casting "The Pastor." Synopsis: A former gang-leader turned pastor uses the construction of a community church to fight gang violence. As tensions mount, his wife and child are kidnapped and his life is threatened. He must decide if he'll continue in the steps of faith, or return to the cold-blooded ...Apr 11
- Rehearses and shoots ASAP in CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Orange County, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Costa Mesa, CA; Newport, CA; Huntington Beach, CA
Casting "Mood Ring," a student film for Orange Coast College. In a world of quantum computing, three high-schoolers have created an app that reveals the caller's mood before you connect, but corrupt minds see darker uses for the technology and will stop at nothing to get it.Apr 10
- Shoots April or early May in CA (weekends preferred); talent may be required to record ADR in the summer if necessary.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Carson, CA
Casting "Give Me A Minute!," a student PSA for California State University Dominguez Hills about safe sex.Apr 10
- Auditions April 16th (8am-6pm); shoots Apr. 29 & 30, May 1 in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 21 in NYC, NY
Casting a crime reenactment docuseries for Discovery ID. The series will explore real crime stories, portrayed through real-life interviews and reenactments.Apr 10