Auditions for kidsBackstage regularly posts auditions for kids of a variety of ages. Kids roles include productions in film, TV, theater, commercials, and more.
New auditions for kids are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals South Jersey starting early March; performs throughout NJ, NY, and Philadelphia on dates TBA. Note: Must be willing to commit to rehearsals in Toms River, NJ and have transportation to all performances.
- Auditions: Feb 16 in New Jersey, NJ
Seeking a pre-teen/teen strong hip-hop dancer to be part of a three girl act featuring an up-and-coming female recording artist.Monday
- Shoots early February (before Feb. 9) in Arcadia, CA. Note: Flexible scheduling for the right person.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Arcadia, CA; Monrovia, CA
Casting two short 30-seconds commercials that will be entered into a Zooppa contest for Red Robin.Monday
- Shooting April 8-12 in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Seeking submissions from: Scottsdale, AZ
Casting "Our Last Summer," an intimate, coming-of-age drama to life that is the SCC capstone project. Project description: "Childhood friends, Katrina and Zeke, must come to terms with their feelings for each other after finding out Zeke has been accepted to his dream school on the other side of the ...Monday
- Runs May 22-June 6 in New Orleans, LA.
- Auditions: Feb 9, 10 in New Orleans, LA
Seeking male and female actor-singers for an upcoming production of "Merrily We Roll Along."Saturday
- Rehearses in the spring in MD; shoots in the summer in MD.
- Seeking submissions from: MD
Casting "Chemistry 101," a short film centered around a high-school nerd and his unrequited love for the girl sitting two seats in front of him. During the slow-ticking minutes of the most boring class of the day, as Melvin attempts to pass a note to Amber, things don't go according ...Monday
- Rehearsals begin wk. of Apr. 6; runs Apr. 25-May 3 (Fri.-Sun. matinee) at Half Moon Theatre, located at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY.
- Auditions: Feb 21 in Poughkeepsie, NY
Casting Equity actors who sing for eight available roles in "The Fantasticks."Monday
- Rehearsals will start 3rd week of April 2015. Opening May 28th. Run until June 21, 2015 with a possibility of 2 weeks extension. At the XX Bldg of the George Washington University 814 20th Street, NW, Washington DC, 2nd Floor
- Auditions: Jan 31 in Washington, DC
Casting "The Trap," about the anxities and nightmares of Franz Kafka by Tadeusz Rozewicz.Monday
- Rehearses tentatively in the evenings, beginning late-March. Performances run June 10-27, in the outdoor ampitheatre at Spring Mountain Ranch State Park, 20 miles west of Las Vegas, NV.
- Auditions: Feb 20, 21, 22, 24 in Las Vegas, NV
Casting "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang," a musical, to be performed for Super Summer Theatre’s 40th season under the stars. Project description: "Based on the 1968 film version of Sir Ian Fleming's children's book, the musical follows the adventures of eccentric inventor Caractacus Potts. Everyone’s favorite flying car comes to life ...Monday
- Rehearses Thursdays, 6-8:30 p.m.; runs Apr. 23-26 in NYC.
- Auditions: Feb 5 in New York, NY
Casting a workshop production of "Secrets of Columbine," a drama presented in conjunction with the anniversary of the Columbine Massacre.Monday
- Dates vary depended on work booked in the in New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Washington DC areas.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA; Washington DC, DC
Seeking union and nonunion boys and girls (newborn to young adults) to work with extras management company Elite Kids Talent in the New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Washington DC areas. Manager states: "Our talent managers have a combined more than 50 years experience in the film and television industry, having ...Monday
- Fashion show will be held at the Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC.
- Auditions: Feb 1 in Washington, DC
Seeking participants for "Night of the Stars" a fashion and runway show for models of all sizes, ages, and heights.Monday
- Rehearsal dates TBD; shoots one wk. in July (tentative) in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 2 in Orland Park, IL
Casting actors and seeking crew in Chicago, IL who have a passion for filmmaking and are innovative, positive, and maintain an excellent work ethic. This is a faith-based short film that revolves around a group of friends who find themselves in the midst of a troubling situation where one decision ...Jan 22
- Shooting January 27-February 6, in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Chicago PD," an NBC TV series. Project description: "Follows District 21 of the Chicago Police Department, which is made up of two distinctly different groups: the uniformed cops and the Intelligence Unit."Sunday
- Rehearses May 18-June 11 at the Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts and Prentis Park; performs June 11-14, 2015 at Prentis Park in Vermillion, SD.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Macbeth" for the South Dakota Shakespeare Festival's (SDSF) outdoor season of free Shakespeare in Vermillion’s Prentis Park. Seeking professional actors and teaching artists from the Great Plains region and nationally to form an ensemble-based Shakespeare company.Sunday
- Runs Apr. 3-May 9 at Glendale Centre Theatre, 324 N. Orange St., Glendale, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 17 in Glendale, CA
Casting "Dear Ruth," for Glendale Centre Theatre, a comedy written by Norman Krasna, produced by Tim Dietlein, and directed by George Strattan. Casting is open to all ethnicities. Customer service representative states: "Good comedic timing essential for all characters."Saturday
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 15 (three rehearsals of three hours); reading is Feb. 23 at the National Black Theatre in Harlem, NYC.
- Auditions: Feb 1 in New York, NY
Casting a staged reading for the award-winning play "The Messiah Complex." Synopsis: DJ Messiah’s got no time for the past. Music is her escape into the future. But her ghosts catch up, unearthing the queer secrets buried in Black city life. And ghosts have got all the time in the ...Saturday
- Shoots in early April (two weekends) in Woodside, Queens, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting an untitled short film for the Tribeca Film Fellows program. Synopsis: This short is about two young brothers who are caught in the dysfunctionality of their home life and attempt to escape it by spending one memorable evening together.Jan 23
- Rehearsals TBD in New York; shoots Apr. 8-14 in Boston, MA.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; North Andover, MA
Casting "Northshore", an NYU short film. Synopsis: A teenage girl observes the implications of a serial killer’s presence upon her small-town community. As the collective town mindset gradually becomes paralyzed by its own self-enabled mythology, events begin to spiral out of control.Jan 23
- Runs Mar. 11-29 in NYC.
- Auditions: Feb 2 in NY
Casting "Cherchez La Femme," a musical. Synopsis: The tropical funk sound of Kid Creole & the Coconuts ruled the airwaves and dancefloors all across 1980's Europe. Nonetheless, the band rose on the funky NY Lower East Side, in the days of fabled nightclubs like The Mudd Club and Hurrah's. From ...Jan 23
- Rehearsal dates TBD; shoots Apr.3-5, 2015 in either NYC or northern NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ
Casting “Tim,” a student film for NYU. Synopsis: "Tim" is a film about a man named Richard, who after suffering a great loss has decided to throw his life away by drinking himself to death. We know that Richard has a wife, and a kid named Tim, but neither of ...Jan 23
- Ongoing representation in Portland, OR and Seattle, WA.
- Seeking submissions from: Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; Tacoma, WA; Eugene, OR
Red Thread Entertainment is seeking actors and models for representation with their talent management company.Jan 23
- Students will dance an average of 25 hours a week, with classes on weekdays, consisting of three afternoons and two evenings.
- Seeking submissions from: Vancouver, BC
The Landing Dance Centre is casting its professional training program. Project description: "Combines a half-day of regular secondary school studies with an equal period of intensive dance training, providing required credits for graduation."Jan 23
- Rehearsals begin early February; runs Mar. 13-29 in Florida.
- Auditions: Feb 1, 2 in Cocoa, FL
Casting "My Fair Lady," the musical based upon George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion, with book and lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner and music by Frederick Loewe. Synopsis: The story concerns Eliza Doolittle, a Cockney flower girl who takes speech lessons from professor Henry Higgins, a phoneticist, so that she may pass ...Jan 23