Auditions for kidsBackstage regularly posts auditions for kids of a variety of ages. Kids roles include productions in film, TV, theater, commercials, and more.
New auditions for kids are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearses February-March 2015 (bi-weekly, Sat. or Sun.); starting in April, more flexible evening and weekend availability will be required; performs early May 2015 in Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Jan 17 in Brooklyn, NY
Seeking performing artists ages 15-19 to be part of "When I Was Seventeen," a performance work collaboration between young and professional artists living in the Brooklyn and New York City area. Concept: "When I Was Seventeen" is the third phase of "Collective Storytelling," an ongoing collaborative and interdisciplinary project that ...Dec 08
- Rehearses Feb. 3-24 (Tues.-Sun); previews Feb. 25-26; runs Feb. 27-Mar. 15 (Thurs.-Sat., 8 p.m.; Sat. & Sun., 2 p.m.) at the Autry in L.A.
- Auditions: Jan 3 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Off the Rails," a play to be presented as part of Native Voices at the Autry’s 2014–2015 season, themed “Legacy and Loss: Stories From the Indian Boarding School.” Synopsis: The Union Pacific Railroad, an Indian boarding school, and Madame Overdone’s Stewed Prunes Saloon collide in Randy Reinholz’s bawdy and ...Dec 08
- Rehearses weekly in NYC according to when talent is cast.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting and now accepting video submissions for "Bound for Broadway," the seven-year-running, industry-invited showcase from JDProductions, the producers of the new series "N.E.W. Musicals," "So You Think You Can Belt," and "Bitter Bitches." "Bound for Broadway" is now accepting video submissions for those who can’t make the audition appointment. Producer ...Dec 08
- Production runs May 7-June 7, 2015 in Omaha, NE.
- Auditions: Dec 20 in Omaha, NE
Casting "Our Town." Project description: "Set in the fictional American small town of Grover's Corners, it tells the story of an average town's citizens in the early twentieth century as depicted through their everyday lives."Dec 08
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 2015; shoots tentatively March 14-22 in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 20, 21 in New York, NY
Casting "The Refuse," an NYU thesis film that's a charming character-driven ensemble piece. This quirky coming-of-age tale is in the vein of "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Juno." Synopsis: Sardonic teenager Jayne robs her landlord to run away with her boyfriend Nick and escape her young single mom and dysfunctional quasi-family ...Dec 07
- Rehearses June 2015; shoots mid-July 2015 in rural Virginia, about an hour’s drive from Washington, D.C.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC; VA; MD
Casting “Blood and Fire,” a largely faithful retelling of a literary classic about honor and revenge set in modern poverty-stricken rural America. Producer states: "Independent of, but produced with, the cooperation of governmental authorities, this film combines conventional narrative film with elements of surrealistic Hong Kong action cinema."Dec 07
- Shoots Feb. 15, 21 & 28, 2015 in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Auditions: Jan 17 in Pittsburgh, PA
Casting "Piespeak," a coming of age comedy about a boy named Joshua who wants to break the world record for the fastest time to say every kind of pie in the world to prove that everyone has something they are better at than everyone else.Dec 07
- Shows April 11-May 10, 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Between You, Me, and the Lampshade," a play. Project description: "Amparo, a Mexican woman, has been wounded while crossing the border illegally. When she drags herself into the trailer of Jesse, a tough and independent woman living in South Texas, Jesse surprises herself by taking Amparo in. As Amparo ...Dec 07
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 10, 2015 (Tues., Wed., Thurs., Sun. 7-10 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m.-4 p.m.); runs Apr. 10-19 at the Hillcrest Center for the Arts in Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Ventura County, CA
Seeking actors who can sing, movers, and dancers for “13 the Musical," a hilarious, coming-of-age musical about discovering that "cool" is sometimes where we least expect it. Synopsis: Geek. Poser. Jock. Beauty Queen. Wannabe. These are the labels that can last a lifetime. With an unforgettable rock score from Tony ...Dec 06
- Rehearses in August 2015; runs Aug. 28 & 29, 2015, in Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking an international cast (ages 12-20) to explore, write about, and perform a musical play which will provide a platform concerning world issues and, especially, solutions. Casting director states: "Kids help create the world in which they want to live. Performers must sing, dance, and/or act. Cast will be built ...Dec 06
- Rehearses Dec. 4-6; shoots Jan. 2-23 in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Aventura," an independent feature film. Synopsis: In Spanish, "aventura" means “adventure, an enterprise in which something must be left to hazard.” It is a race against time for an inspired filmmaker and his posse in this wacky, narrator-driven comedy that points out that, no matter your endeavor, the people ...Dec 06
- Performs on January 30, 215 at the Village Free School, in Portland, OR.
- Seeking submissions from: Portland, OR
Casting the musical, "Alice in Mathland." Project description: "A short mathematical children's adventure. Alice unexpectedly journeys from her school math lesson through a strange world where numbers don't add up in the usual fashion."Dec 05
- Rehearses approx. the first two weeks in January 2015; shoot begins Jan. 19 (12-14 days) in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting "When the Ferris Wheel Stops," a feature film. Synopsis: A young man, Toby, is forced into becoming an escort and through this circumstance meets the love of his life, Daniel, an older man trying to accept his homosexuality. Together, the star-crossed lovers try to make love work. But they ...Dec 04
- Rehearsal dates TBD at RISD Auditorium, Blue Studio, 18 North Main St., Providence, RI; shoot dates to be finalized upon casting (roughly mid-January to early February 2015, Sat. & Sun. only) in Providence and Cranston, RI.
- Auditions: Dec 20, 21 in Providence, RI
Casting "Youth," a short student film for RISD based on true events that occurred in Providence, Rhode Island in 1993. The story unfolds through the eyes of a seven-year-old Puerto Rican boy from a low-income family.Dec 05
- Pre-production begins in January 2015; shoots in February 2015 in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Kato's Dream," a short film. Synopsis: Kato's educational future rests on one night, one poem. Will he deliver? Who will show up for Kato?Dec 04