Backstage's casting notices for Broadway Auditions include theatrical productions of Broadway musicals such as Lion King, Wicked, Les Miserables, Book of Mormon, and Rent.
New casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display audition information and character breakdowns. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 4 (some roles may start later); runs Nov. 21-Dec. 31 in Williamsburg, VA. Note: The Christmas shows perform up to six times a day during weekends and seven days/wk. from December 12-31 (Christmas Day off).
- Auditions: Sep 22, 23, 24 in New York, NY
Casting the 2014 Christmas Season for Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Casting personnel state: "The award-winning Busch Gardens takes great pride and care in the direction the Entertainment department is headed. The new shows, with more to come, have the spirit of mini Broadway musicals and the show-stopping energy of shows you ...Sep 13
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 29, 2014; previews begin Feb. 3, 2015; runs Feb. 9-Mar. 8, with possible extension to Mar. 22, in Washington, D.C.
- Auditions: Oct 7, 10 in New York, NY
Casting "The Metromaniacs."Sep 12
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 20; runs Oct. 25-Nov. 2 (10 performances total) in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 24 in New York, NY
Casting "A Time for Singing." Synopsis: Based on Richard Llewellyn's novel, "How Green Was My Valley," the musical "A Time For Singing" details life in a Welsh mining village. Originally opening on Broadway in 1966 (lavishly produced by Alexander H. Cohen), it now returns in concert version as part of ...Sep 12
- Rehearses Oct. 10-Nov. 5; reading takes place Nov. 6 in NYC. Note: Not all actors will be called for all rehearsals. Full availability is essential on Nov. 6 and in the week prior, and good availability is generally necessary during weekdays as all rehearsals will take place during the daytime Mon.-Fri., 6 hrs./day.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting the reading of a new play "for an invited audience of select Broadway and Off-Broadway producers and investors."Sep 11
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 20; runs Nov. 14-Dec. 21 in Annapolis, MD.
- Auditions: Sep 22 in New York, NY
Casting "Cats," which was the second-longest-running play in Broadway history, and one of the plays which revolutionized American musical theater. Synopsis: Based on the poem "Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats" by T.S. Eliot, a playful examination of the nature of cats. Dance, music, and memories--and of course, lots of ...Sep 11