Backstage's casting notices for Broadway Auditions include theatrical productions of Broadway musicals such as Lion King, Wicked, Les Miserables, Book of Mormon, and Rent.
New casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display audition information and character breakdowns. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin May 9 (NY); tech begins May 26 (Paper Mill); runs June 1-26 at Paper Mill Playhouse in Millburn, NJ.
- Auditions: Feb 16 in New York, NY
Casting "West Side Story" with music by Leonard Bernstein, lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, and book by Arthur Laurents.Jan 27
- Rehearsals begin April 12; previews begin May 12; runs May 18-June 26 (five performances/wk.) in L.A.
- Auditions: Feb 29, Mar 5 in Los Angeles, CA
Seeking performers to play Asian, Pacific Islander, and South Asian for "La Cage Aux Folles."Jan 27
- Broadway Winter Workshop will be held Feb. 19 (12-4:30 p.m., with an invited presentation 5-6 p.m.) at Ripley Grier Studios in NYC. Upcoming: Spring Break Workshop (dates TBD), Summer Broadway Camp & Intensives (dates TBD), and additional ongoing classes in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking additional excellent choreographers (who are dance teachers), singers, actors, and accompanist who have a wealth of knowledge about Broadway to join upcoming and future Broadway workshops in NYC with Broadway Buzz & Studio 7Arts.Jan 27
- Rehearses June 26-August 3, in Oregon City, OR. Performances run August 4-28, at Clackamas Repertory Theatre in Oregon City, OR.
- Auditions: Feb 13 in Clackamas, OR
Casting the musical, "The Music Man." Project description: "A musical about con man Harold Hill, who poses as a boys' band leader and sells instruments and uniforms to naive Iowa townsfolk, promising to train the new band members."Jan 26
- Currently running Off-Broadway.
- Auditions: Feb 26 in New York, NY
Seeking possible future replacements in the currently running Off-Broadway production of "The Fantasticks."Jan 26
- Currently running Off-Broadway in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 4 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors for possible future replacements in the currently running Off-Broadway production of "Perfect Crime."Jan 26
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 29 at At ArtsWestchester in White Plains or at The Grinton Will Library; runs Apr. 29-May 1 at the Joan R Pincus Theater in the Grinton Will Libray in Yonkers, NY (10 minutes from Jonathan Larson's hometown of White Plains). Note: Not all actors will be called to every rehearsal, exact schedule will depend on role/actors' availability. This production will open 20 years to the day of the original Broadway opening night.
- Auditions: Feb 15, 16, 20 in White Plains, NY
Casting a special 20th anniversary production of "Rent."Jan 26
- Productions run in Ft Myers, FL (Broadway Palm) and Dutch Apple (Lancaster, PA).
- Auditions: Feb 22, 23, 24, 25 in New York, NY
Casting the 2016 Season for Prather Entertainment Group. Broadway Palm season includes: "Funny Girl" (runs March 24-April 2); "Wizard of Oz" (runs June 23-Aug. 13); "Yesterdays" (runs Aug. 25-Oct. 8); "Evita" (runs Sept. 29-Nov. 19); and "Holiday Revue Show" (runs Nov. 10-Dec. 25 in FL). Dutch Apple season includes: "Mary ...Jan 26
- All rehearsals and performances are in Williamsburg, VA. Rehearsals begin for core shows sometime during the first two weeks of March. Shows open March 25 and run through Sept. 5.
- Auditions: Feb 11, in New York, NY and Feb 12, in New York, NY
Seeking vibrant, energetic performers and musicians for Busch Gardens Williamsburg's collection of world-class spring season productions. Seeking a few triple threat performers, but mostly strong actors/singers and strong dancer/actors. Performers of all ethnicities are strongly encouraged to attend. Senior Manager states: "Award-winning creative team members come from Broadway, Hollywood, and ...Jan 26