Backstage's casting notices for Broadway Auditions include theatrical productions of Broadway musicals such as Lion King, Wicked, Les Miserables, Book of Mormon, and Rent.
New casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display audition information and character breakdowns. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Saturday January 31, evenings and weekends (possibly some weekdays depending on actor availability). Runs March 7 -March 29, Thursday-Sunday for 16 performances. All auditions, rehearsals, and performances at The Gallery Players, 199 14th Street, Brooklyn.
- Auditions: Jan 10, 11 in Brooklyn, NY
The Gallery Players, Brooklyn's Premiere Off-Off Broadway theater in it’s 48th season announces auditions for upcoming AEA showcase (approval pending) production of The Baker’s Wife— Music and Lyrics by Stephen Schwartz; Book by Joseph Stein; Director Barrie Gelles; Producer Justine McLaughlin/The Gallery Players; Music Director Jonathon Lynch; Choreographer/Asst. Director Valerie ...7 hours ago
- Rehearses and performs Winter-Spring 2014-15 in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 29, Jan 6, 15 in New York, NY
Casting The Actor's Project NYC's 32nd season of full-length theatrical showcases of music, scenes, monologues, and sketch comedy, all original works by company writers. Currently casting "What it Takes!" Artistic Director states: "TAPNYC is a company that assists its members in landing agents and getting work through industry showcases and ...19 hours ago
- Shooting in early-2015, in Portland, OR.
- Seeking submissions from: Portland, OR
Casting season 5 of the IFC TV series "Portlandia," starring Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein. Project description: "A satirical sketch comedy television series that lovingly illustrates the people and values of Portland, Oregon."Wednesday
- Currently running on Broadway in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 20, in New York, NY
Casting Equity singers who move for the ensemble in the currently running Broadway production of "Beautiful."Tuesday
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Jan 19, in New York, NY
Seeking Equity dancers who sing extremely well to play various chorus parts, including The Drifters, in the currently-running Broadway production of "Beautiful." All characters are African-American.Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin January 6, 2015; performances will run February 20-March 15, 2015 in Peoria, AZ.
- Auditions: Jan 5 in Peoria, AZ
Casting Stephen Sondheim's classic Broadway musical, "Follies." Project Description: "On the surface, FOLLIES is about a reunion of retired performers, meeting up one last time in their old crumbling theater, the night before it is to be torn down. But on closer examination, Follies is a surreal, heart-wrenching examination of ...Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 2, 2015; previews begin on or around Apr. 1; opens on or around Apr. 9 at Union Square Theatre, NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 6, 7, 8 in New York, NY
Seeking a company of four Equity actors who play all of the roles in "The 39 Steps." All actors must be superb technicians who can create many different characters and utilize many different accents. Note: "The 39 Steps" is the Tony Award-winning play that had a highly successful three-year run ...Tuesday
- Shorts shoot late January; film production begins Summer/Fall 2015 in Bergen County, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; NY; PA
Casting "That V Thing," a film. Synopsis: A regular guy who starts to become involved with a group of vegan animal rights activists and tries to help them save cats also has to deal with being estranged from his wife, who's obsessed with a Jewish pop star. Along the way, ...Monday