Backstage's casting notices for Broadway Auditions include theatrical productions of Broadway musicals such as Lion King, Wicked, Les Miserables, Book of Mormon, and Rent.
New casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display audition information and character breakdowns. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsal and production dates are TBD in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting a new musical comedy, "New York in Chains," at the theater hosted by TV Channel ARTN with over a million watchers. Company states: "Writer & composer recognized as up-and-coming by Sony Pictures."1 hours ago
- Runs Sept. 21, 8 p.m.-12:00 a.m. at Bar 9 in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 21 in New York, NY
Seeking participants for "Drunken Shakespeare," a free theatrical show described as "Shakespeare meets karaoke" during which performers perform their favorite scenes and monologues by the Bard for fun." The "Complete Works of Shakespeare" will be on hand to aid memory of lines and facilitate trying new pieces.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 4 (some roles may start later); runs Nov. 21-Dec. 31 in Williamsburg, VA. Note: The Christmas shows perform up to six times a day during weekends and seven days/wk. from December 12-31 (Christmas Day off).
- Auditions: Sep 22, 23, 24 in New York, NY
Casting the 2014 Christmas Season for Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Casting personnel state: "The award-winning Busch Gardens takes great pride and care in the direction the Entertainment department is headed. The new shows, with more to come, have the spirit of mini Broadway musicals and the show-stopping energy of shows you ...Saturday
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 29, 2014; previews begin Feb. 3, 2015; runs Feb. 9-Mar. 8, with possible extension to Mar. 22, in Washington, D.C.
- Auditions: Oct 7, 10 in New York, NY
Casting "The Metromaniacs."Friday
- Rehearses Oct. 10-Nov. 5; reading takes place Nov. 6 in NYC. Note: Not all actors will be called for all rehearsals. Full availability is essential on Nov. 6 and in the week prior, and good availability is generally necessary during weekdays as all rehearsals will take place during the daytime Mon.-Fri., 6 hrs./day.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting the reading of a new play "for an invited audience of select Broadway and Off-Broadway producers and investors."Thursday