Backstage's casting notices for Broadway Auditions include theatrical productions of Broadway musicals such as Lion King, Wicked, Les Miserables, Book of Mormon, and Rent.
New casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display audition information and character breakdowns. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- The reading is on August 15th, at the EXIT Theatre in San Francisco. There will be two 3-4 hour rehearsals before the production. The audition is on Sunday, July 19th, at 5PM sharp, at the Pan Theater, 2135 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612. Please prepare a one to two minute dramatic monologue. You may also be asked to read from sides. You should arrive at the audition ten minutes before 5PM to sign in. We will begin seeing people at 5PM.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA; Bay Area, CA
This is an audition for a STAGED READING for a NEW PLAY. The reading is ONE NIGHT ONLY. The play, 'Coming Home', follows the protagonist Lena as she navigates between a world of pragmatic decisions and a dreamlike existence in which love, art, and beauty reign supreme.7 hours ago
- Performances run September 11-October 3 on Mon., Fri. & Sat. nights, with a Sat. afternoon matinee on September 19 in UT.
- Auditions: Jul 14, 16 in Magna, UT
Casting "The Drowsy Chaperone." Project Description: To chase his blues away, a modern day musical theatre addict known simply as ‘Man in Chair’ drops the needle on his favorite LP — the 1928 musical comedy "The Drowsy Chaperone." From the crackle of his hi-fi, the uproariously funny musical magically bursts ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin August 15; performances will run October 1-November 7 in Scottsdale, AZ
- Seeking submissions from: Scottsdale, AZ
Casting the children's classic "Mary Poppins," based on the book by P.L Travers. Project Description: When Jane and Michael , the children of the wealthy and uptight Banks family, are faced with the prospect of a new nanny, they are pleasantly surprised by the arrival of the magical Mary Poppins ...12 hours ago
- Performances will run September 10-12, 14, 17-19 at the old West Jordan Library.
- Auditions: Jul 8, 9 in West Jordan, UT
Casting "The 39 Steps," a madcap stage adaptation of the famed 1935 Alfred Hitchcock film (and John Buchnan novel) of the same title. Project Description: "The 39 Steps" trails unsuspecting Englishman Richard Hannay as he is inadvertently drawn into an elaborate plot by a dark and beautiful female spy. When ...12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin September 1; Performances will run October 9-25 in Peoria, AZ.
- Auditions: Jul 11 in Peoria, AZ
Casting "Man of La Mancha," by Dale Wasserman. Project Description: Theater Works honors the 50th anniversary of this iconic production's Broadway premiere. The MasterWorks Season opens with one of the greatest American musicals of all times. "Man Of La Mancha" is the remarkable, poignant and moving story about the “mad” ...12 hours ago
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Jul 17, in New York, NY
Seeking Equity dancers for the ensemble in the Broadway production of "The Book of Mormon."21 hours ago
- Workshop runs July 20-August 31 (Mon., 7-10 p.m., no class August 3) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for the Summer 2015 session of Ted Kociolek's Musical Theater Audition/Performance Technique Workshop. Instructor states: "Lacking confidence in your musical theater auditions? Uncertain of your approach to material? Choosing inappropriate repertoire for your type? Suffering from performance anxiety? Walk into your next audition prepared, confident, and competitive. The ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin the wk. of July 26; runs Sept. 12-Oct. 18 (Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m.; Sun. at 2 p.m.; with two Thurs. performances Oct. 8 & 15) at the Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center, 3050 Los Angeles Ave., Simi Valley, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 13, 14 in North Hollywood, CA and Jul 15, 16 in Simi Valley, CA
Casting Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center's production of "Fiddler on the Roof." All roles for this classic musical are open except Tevye. However, casting personnel are also seeking a Tevye understudy. Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center is a non-union, non-paid community-based theater in Simi Valley, CA. "Fiddler on the Roof" ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin July 14; show runs Aug. 14-Sept. 13 (Thurs.-Sun.) in Portsmouth, NH.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Portsmouth, NH; Boston, MA
Seeking to immediately fill the role of Christmas Eve in the upcoming production of "Avenue Q," featuring cast from the international Broadway tour.yesterday
- Hiring personnel state: "Development rehearsals are in progress in preparation for performances in 2015/2016 as part of an NYC festival, followed by a potential short Off-Broadway run funded by Kickstarter. During development, rehearsals take place one to two times a month, usually in Brooklyn."
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking a musician to join the creative team behind the one-woman show “Use Your Words!” at the development level. This short play is a physical comedy that makes extensive use of sound and absolutely no words. Seeking a musician with comedic sensibilities, a playful demeanor, improvisational skills, and a desire ...Thursday
- Rehearsals begin on or about Feb. 8, 2016; previews begin Mar. 23, 2016; opens Apr. 17, 2016 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 17, 22, 28 in New York, NY
Casting "Tuck Everlasting," a musical coming to Broadway.Thursday