Backstage's casting notices for Broadway Auditions include theatrical productions of Broadway musicals such as Lion King, Wicked, Les Miserables, Book of Mormon, and Rent.
New casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display audition information and character breakdowns. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals start Monday Oct 6 and run Sun - Thurs from 7 - 10 with Saturday day rehearsals possible. THE GAME'S AFOOT plays November 14 - December 21 (three performances a weekend) at the Santa Paula Theater Center, 125 South 7th Street, Santa Paula, CA 93060.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Ken Ludwig's THE GAME'S AFOOT (or Holmes for the Holidays) is an hilarious romp into a world where farce meets who dunnit. Broadway star William Gillette, admired for his leading role in the play SHERLOCK HOLMES, must assume the persona of his beloved Holmes after inviting his fellow cast mates ...6 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 4 (some roles may start later); runs Nov. 21-Dec. 31 in Williamsburg, VA. Note: The Christmas shows perform up to six times a day during weekends and seven days/wk. from December 12-31 (Christmas Day off).
- Auditions: Oct 14, 15, in New York, NY
Casting the 2014 Christmas Season for Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Casting personnel state: "The award-winning Busch Gardens takes great pride and care in the direction the Entertainment department is headed. The new shows, with more to come, have the spirit of mini Broadway musicals and the show-stopping energy of shows you ...15 hours ago
- Rehearses early to mid-November; ongoing production currently running at SoHo Playhouse, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Imbible: A Spirited History of Drinking," a musical. Synopsis: Following in the footsteps of hit comedy-edutainment shows like "Assume the Position with Mr. Wuhl" and Colin Quinn’s "Long Story Short," "The Imbible" sweeps audiences along a 10,000-year journey through history and across the globe accompanied by craft cocktails ...12 hours ago
- "Piaf" rehearsals Oct 21st - Nov 6th, Performances Nov 7th - Dec 14th; "Shenandoah" rehearsals (on/about Dec 13th - 30th), Performances Dec 31st - Mar 1st; "Sophie, Totie & Belle" rehearsals Mar 3rd - 19th, Performances Mar 20th - May 17th.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting Delray Square Performing Arts' 2014-15 season, to include "Piaf" - Tony-Wining Broadway Musical about the life of legendary French chanteuse Edith Piaf, "Shenandoah" - Tony Award-winning Civil War era Broadway musical, and "Sophie, Totie and Belle" - 2001 off-Broadway Hit about a fictional meeting between ground-breaking comedienne/singers Sophie Tucker, ...14 hours ago
- Table reads run Dec. 16-18 in NYC; Rehearsals begin Jan. 2, 2015; runs Jan. 30-Feb. 15, 2015 in Syracuse, NY.
- Auditions: Oct 27, 28, 29, 30 in Syracuse, NY
Casting "In the Next Room" by Sarah Ruhl.yesterday
- Rehearsal begins Nov. 8; runs Dec. 12-Mar. 22 in Sarasota, FL.
- Auditions: Oct 10 in Sarasota, FL
Casting "Dancing Lessons," a play. Synopsis: A young man with Asperger’s Syndrome seeks the instruction of a Broadway dancer, now sidelined with injuries. As their relationship unfolds, they are caught off-guard by surprising discoveries, both hilarious and heartwarming, that they make about each other.yesterday
- Musical rehearsals begin March 16, 2015. Performances run May 1, 3, 5, 7 & 9, 2015, at the The Hampton Opera Center, in Portland, OR. There are no rehearsals before 6 pm, except on Sundays, when rehearsals may begin at 1 pm.
- Auditions: Dec 5, 6 in Portland, OR
Casting the musical, "Show Boat." Project description: "Based on Edna Ferber's bestselling novel of the same name, that follows the lives of the performers, stagehands, and dock workers on a Mississippi River show boat, from 1887 to 1927."15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin on or about Nov. 17; performances begin Jan. 20, 2015; closes Feb. 22, with a possible extension through May 10, at The Public Theater in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 7 in New York, NY
Casting "Hamilton," a new musical. From the creative team behind the Tony Award-winning "In The Heights" comes a wildly inventive new musical about the scrappy young immigrant who forever changed America: Alexander Hamilton. Tony- and Grammy Award-winner Lin-Manuel Miranda wields his pen and takes the stage as the unlikely founding ...18 hours ago
- Rehearses Oct. 10-Nov. 3 (part-time; mix of days, weekends, and eves.); tech Nov. 3; runs Nov. 3, 10, 17, & 24 at The Cutting Room in NYC. Travels Nov. 13 for a show Nov. 14 at the Oneanta Theater in upstate NY; return Nov. 15. Travels Nov. 21 for tech Nov. 21 & show Nov. 22 at the York Theater at Ho-Chunk Casino in Baraboo, WI; return Nov. 23. Note: Possible additional shows may be added at any time.
- Auditions: Oct 2 in New York, NY
Casting "Burlesque To Broadway: A Concert Starring Quinn Lemley." Synopsis: With one show-stopping hit after another, complete with sequins, feathers, and gorgeous girls, this concert pays homage to the music and world that went from Burlesque, Broadway, and Beyond. Seeking sexy, hot, funny women, not girls; 5'4" to 5'7", slender. ...yesterday
- Musical is currently running on Broadway and on tour.
- Auditions: Oct 21 in Detroit, MI
Casting "Motown," the musical. All candidates must have amazing soulful voices to play different performers from Motown history. All vocal parts are encouraged to attend. No prior theater experience necessary.Friday
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 3; presentations run Dec. 9-12 in New York.
- Auditions: Oct 13, 14, 15 in New York, NY
Casting "Carson" a musical.Monday