Backstage's casting notices for Broadway Auditions include theatrical productions of Broadway musicals such as Lion King, Wicked, Les Miserables, Book of Mormon, and Rent.
New casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display audition information and character breakdowns. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shows October 16-25 in Northbrook, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Highland Park, IL
Casting "Avenue Q," a musical. Project description: "A laugh-out-loud musical that tells the timeless story of a recent college grad named Princeton who moves into a shabby New York apartment all the way out on Avenue Q. There, he meets Kate (the girl next door), Rode (the Republican), Trekkie (the ...15 minutes ago
- Rehearsals start the middle of March in Manhattan; runs May 8-24 at the Connelly Theatre in NYC
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; New York, NY
Seeking Broadway-style legit singers and opera singers of all ages for small roles and/or chorus in Amore’s “Don Giovanni” by Mozart. Full production with a full orchestra.1 hours ago
- March 3rd, from 9AM until 11AM in NYU TIsch School of the Arts, 721 Broadway
- Seeking submissions from: New york city, NY
Casting "Alone Again," a short student project as a part of NYU's Television Studio. Synopsis: Amanda and Rachel are a young Brooklyn couple. Amanda recently moved into Rachel’s apartment; however, she is at once annoyed and jealous of Ben, Rachel’s roommate and best friend. Fed up with the attention Ben ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin March 12. All rehearsals will take place at the performance venue. Performances will begin April 18 and show each Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening through May 9 with the possibility of extensions and added dates. Visit our website (speakeasydollhouse.com) for more information.
- Auditions: Mar 9 in New York, NY
Ziegfeld's Midnight Frolic is an immersive play with music that examines the life and times of several "Follies Girls" in the early 1920s through the lens of a risqué late-night show famously conceived by Broadway Impresario, Florenz Ziegfeld.Thursday
- Classes are ongoing at Ripley-Grier Studios in NYC. If out of town, classes are online, via Skype or FaceTime.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking participants for "Acting Through Song: Find Your Honesty," an acting training program for aspiring musical theater actors ages 10-17. Owner states: "We will work on songs from the acting perspective and find out how to connect to material in a real, honest, and grounded way. Kids will learn tools ...yesterday
- Rehearses weekly 2:30 - 5:30 p.m. at Broadway Comedy Club; runs in NY.
- Auditions: Mar 1 in New York, NY
Seeking participants for Comedy Repertory Company, an intense training program performing sketches that either you bring or are assigned then picked apart, analyzed, and given minute attention to timing, details, total presence as the character, etc.Friday
- Runs Mar. 29, 1-4 p.m. at Ripley-Grier Studios, 520 8th Ave, 16th Floor in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NY; NJ; CT
Seeking kids and teens to participate in a one-day film workshop with Matthew Glasner of Barden/Schnee Casting, an acclaimed bicoastal casting agency and a top bicoastal legit agent from Abrams Artists. Barden/Schnee Casting is an award-winning company responsible for casting acclaimed features including "Pitch Perfect 1 & 2"; "Still Alice"; ...Friday
- Shoots May 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting CREW MEMBERS for an untitled short film based on the original play "Snow White and The Beast," winner of the annual Strasberg Works Writing Contest 2014. The film is to be used as a vehicle for the feature film to be shot next winter. Coordinator states: "This short will ...Thursday
- Individual workshops TBD; full company rehearsals Sept. 14-30, 2015; show runs Oct. 2 & 3 at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
- Auditions: Mar 10, 11, 12, 17 in Pompano Beach, FL
Seeking artists of all disciplines for "Broward 100," to be pesented as part of Duende, the culminating event of Broward 100‘s year-long centennial celebration. Manager states: "This will be a Broadway-style production with local, international, and celebrity talent. Produced by Neil Goldberg, Broadway director and Cirque Dreams founder. Calling all ...Friday
- Rehearses Mar. 24-Apr. 19; performs Apr. 13-19, 2015 in NYC. Note: Rehearsals and performances will work around Broadway show schedules.
- Auditions: Mar 6 in New York, NY
Casting "Lord Tom," a musical.Thursday
- Rehearses and performs winter-spring 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 2, 10, 16 in New York, NY
Casting The Actor's Project NYC's 32nd season of full-length theatrical showcases of music, scenes, monologues, and sketch comedy, all original works by company writers. Currently casting "For the Love of It!" Producer states: "TAPNYC is a company that assists its members in landing agents and getting work through industry showcases ...Thursday
- Shoots Feb. 27, 1:15-3:20 p.m. at Tisch School of the Arts; 721 Broadway, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Open Scene Studio Setting," a scene between three actors, involving a found mathematical formula that is soon discovered to be written by one of the persons who claimed to have found it laying on a historical site.Wednesday