Backstage's casting notices for Broadway Auditions include theatrical productions of Broadway musicals such as Lion King, Wicked, Les Miserables, Book of Mormon, and Rent.
New casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display audition information and character breakdowns. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Minimal rehearsals begin January 7th with weekend performances February 11th through the 14th at the Corner Office Theater in Midtown, Manhattan.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
The AlphaNYC Theater Company is casting adult actors and actresses between the ages of 18 and 65 for an Off Off Broadway production of An Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde.41 minutes ago
- Rehearsals will begin on January 9, and will be held at the Ziegfeld Theater in Ogden, UT. Until the week before opening week, there will usually be four weekday rehearsals and one weekend rehearsal per week. Performances will run March 18-May 7, every Fri. & Sat. evening, plus Mon. and Thurs. performances the final three weeks. There are also two 2 p.m. matinees April 30 and May 7 in Ogden, UT. Also, there is a possibility of a two week extension.
- Auditions: Dec 14 in Ogden, UT
Casting the beloved musical from under the sea, “Disney’s The Little Mermaid.” Project description: "Based on the Danish fairy tale of the same name by Hans Christian Andersen, "The Little Mermaid" tells the story of a beautiful mermaid princess who dreams of becoming human."5 hours ago
- The first cast meeting will be January 5, 7 p.m., at CCHS. Rehearsals will generally be Mon.-Fri., 7-10 p.m. and Sat., 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Tech and dress runs start February 15, and performances will run February 26, 27, 29 and March 4 & 5, 2016 in Draper, UT.
- Auditions: Dec 4, 5 in Draper, UT
Draper Arts Council is Casting Meredith Wilson's Broadway classic musical "The Music Man." Project Description: The plot concerns con man Harold Hill, who poses as a boys' band organizer and leader and sells band instruments and uniforms to the naive Iowa townsfolk, promising to train the members of the new ...5 hours ago
- Shoot dates TBD, likely in California. Coordinator states: "I'm hoping to be able to start a fundraiser and reach out to the Deaf community for support with this project, meaning that if we receive enough funding, we might be able to film this in NYC, like the original film, but it's most likely that shoot will take place in California."
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Long Beach, CA; La Mirada, CA
Casting an unofficial ASL rendition of the movie musical "The Last Five Years." The original movie starred Anna Kendrick and Jeremy Jordan. Coordinator states: "I am planning on giving this film as a gift to a Deaf friend of mine, meaning that she may be the only person to see ...yesterday
- Shoots: Tuesday Dec. 1 from 3:30pm-5:30pm Location: 721 Broadway, 12th floor production studio in NYC. Rehearsal: Monday Nov. 30 at 8:30pm
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
EMERGENCY CASTING Casting a scene adapted from "Three Kings" and inspired by "M*A*S*H," that gives a brief glimpse into the lives of a few U.S. soldiers stationed in Iraq during the war.Friday
- Rehearsal dates: 6-10 February 2016 Shoot dates: 13-27 November 2016 NYC
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
This is a story of madness. Not the madness of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Seven, Dr. Strangelove, or especially the early Daffy Duck cartoons, but the madness that lives next door… The madness that is rarely noticed when in hibernation… The madness inside us all… This side of ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin Saturday December 26, evenings and weekends (possibly some weekdays depending on actor availability). Runs January 29 -February 21 Friday-Sunday for 16 performances. All auditions, rehearsals, and performances at The Gallery Players, 199 14th Street, Brooklyn.
- Auditions: Dec 5, 8, 9 in Brooklyn, NY
The Gallery Players, Brooklyn's Premiere Off-Off Broadway theater in it’s 49th season announces auditions for upcoming AEA showcase (approval pending) production of Seussical— book by Lynn Ahrens and stephen Flaherty; music by Stephen Flaherty; lyrics by Lynn Ahrens; co-conceived by Eric Idle Director Barrie Gelles; Producer Justine McLaughlin /The Gallery ...Friday
- Rehearses and performs in winter 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 1, 10, 17 in New York, NY
Casting "Edge of Comedy!" for The Actor's Project NYC's 34th season of full-length theatrical showcases of music, scenes, monologues, and sketch comedy, all original works by company writers. Producer states: "TAPNYC is a company that assists its members in landing agents and getting work through industry showcases and plays. All ...Friday
- Place : 135 st, 3333 Broadway. Time : 1-2 days in early December. Tell me your available dates and time.
- Seeking submissions from: NEW YORK CITY, NY
'Log Off" is about a working female who is facing sleeping disorder while trying to keep up with the workload everyday. Soon, she gets more dreams and less quality sleep as her condition begins to deteriorate. Finally, when the struggle comes to an end, she finds herself on the bridge ...Thursday
- Rehearsals begin in early Dec.; runs Feb. 8-21 at The American Theatre of Actors (ATA), NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 3 in New York, NY
Casting two leading actors for an off-off-Broadway production of "Defendant Maurice Chevalier," a period drama based on the true story of the famous French actor, singer, and entertainer Maurice Chevalier, written by Alexis Chevalier. Synopsis: France, 1945. Condemned to death for collaboration with the Nazis, popular French singer and entertainer ...Wednesday
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Dec 15 in New York, NY
Casting "Chicago," which is seeking Equity actor/singer/dancers as possible future principal replacements in currently-running production.Wednesday
- Shows are currently running on Broadway and touring across North America.
- Auditions: Dec 13 in Atlanta, GA
Seeking singers for "The Lion King" and "Aladdin."Wednesday
- Currently running on Broadway and on tour across North America.
- Auditions: Dec 12 in Atlanta, GA
Casting child performers for the Broadway and touring productions of Disney's "The Lion King."Wednesday