Casting You Can Trust
Find casting notices, casting calls, open casting calls (projects casting via auditions open to all), casting listings, and casting breakdowns with Backstage, the world's most trusted casting resource.
Backstage features NY castings, LA castings, TV network casting, movie casting, Broadway casting, regional theater casting, model casting, commercial casting, and a wide variety of other casting calls. Find casting notices from Grant Wilfley Casting, Central Casting, Disney Casting, Nickelodeon Casting, HBO Casting, and MTV Casting, as well as new media casting calls, indie casting, diversity castings, casting notices from Actors' Equity Association, casting for SAG-AFTRA projects, casting for singers and dances, comedian casting, and much more, including casting for plays, musicals, films, television shows, YouTube series, and performing arts projects.
Backstage provides actors access to casting notices offering jobs, gigs, opportunities, and careers in the entertainment industry.
Now Casting in:
- Rehearses at The Firehouse, 1948 Oak Park Blvd, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523; runs at the Gold Coast Comedy Theater.
- Auditions: Oct 11 in Pleasant Hill, CA
Seeking improvisers for the Gold Coast Comedy Theater.1 hours ago
- Rehearses in October-November; shoots Nov. 1-9 (3-4 days) at California State University Northridge in Northridge, CA. producer's note: "Pick-up days may be needed after set shoot dates. Final cuts/wrap will be by the end of this year. We will need actors who are available for rehearsals and can transport themselves to Northridge."
- Auditions: Sep 20, 21, 22 in West Hollywood, CA
Casting "Teachers Lounge." Producer states: "We've heard it time and time again; a show about high schoolers and the drama that ensues between them struggling with popularity, puberty, and sometimes even school work. However, this show brings new perspective on the life and drama that ensues between, what all of ...17 hours ago
- Rehearses Oct. 9 in Los Angeles; shoots Oct. 11 at Spirit Mountain, NV.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Palm Springs, CA; Las Vegas, NV; High/Low Deserts, CA
Casting "Paper Planes," a short film set in the desert.1 hours ago
- Production dates are TBD in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting a Pink Floyd project and rock & roll extravaganza, where good and evil go to battle with the fate of humanity in the center.2 hours ago
- Shoots Sept. 25, 8-10 a.m. in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 19 in New York, NY
Casting a short for NYU, "Family Secrets," based on a bitter rivalry between a brother and sister after the death of their father. Film will be shot using a three-camera TV studio-style set up.2 hours ago
- Rehearses Oct. 4-Nov. 8 in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 2 in New York, NY
Casting "Long Day's Journey into Night," a dramatic play by Eugene O'Neil focusing on the Tyrone family, whose once-close family has deteriorated over the years because of Mary's drug addiction, Tyrone Jamie's stinginess, Edmund's alcoholism, the boys' lax attitude toward work and money, and a variety of other factors. As ...2 hours ago
- Shoots Sept. 27-29 in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Black Like Me." Producer states: "John Howard Griffin wrote the pioneering book 'Black Like Me' in 1959, which tells the story of his journey through the segregated South disguised as a black man. This live action footage will be used as part of a feature documentary about Griffin's journey. ...2 hours ago
- Half Moon Theatre is located at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY.
- Auditions: Sep 26, 27 in Poughkeepsie, NY
Casting Half Moon Theatre's 2014-15 season. Season includes: "And the World Goes Round" (Michael Schiralli, dir.-choreo.; John Kander, composer; Fred Ebb, lyricist. Rehearsals begin Oct. 14; runs Nov. 1-23, with possible one-weekend extension); "It's a Wonderful Life, The Radio Play" (Michael Schrialli, dir. Rehearsals begin Nov. 18; runs Dec. 5-20, ...6 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 13, 2015; runs Jan. 28-Feb. 15 in Warwick, RI.
- Auditions: Sep 29 in New York, NY
Casting "The Meeting."3 hours ago
- Runs June 25-July 26 in Kilgore, TX.
- Auditions: Feb 14 in Kilgore, TX and Nov 7, 8, 9, 10 in New York, NY and Nov 11, 12, 13 in Chicago, IL
Seeking performers for Texas Shakespeare Festival's 2015 Auditions in its 30th season. Season includes "A Midsummer's Night's Dream," "The Nerd," "Twelfth Night," "Man of La Mancha," "The Belle of Amherst," and a children's production.3 hours ago
- Shoots Sept. 20 in Venice, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Venice, CA; Santa Monica, CA; Hollywood, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting office workers for a 30 second spot for a startup.7 hours ago
- Shoot dates are TBD nationwide.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting Spike TV's "Fight Court," in which people have some type of rivalry with someone and want to battle it out in the ring coached by top MMA legends. Casting Producer states: "Friends and family of both competitors will be flown out to cheer you on ringside!"4 hours ago
- Rehearses at three times between Oct. 1-16; shoots Oct. 17-19 in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 21, 22, 27, 28, 29 in New York, NY
Casting "Betterman," a student film for NYU about a recently released convict who tries to reconcile with his daughter on her 18th birthday who he hasn't seen for 10 years.22 hours ago
- Performance November 1, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 5 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the Vasily Vein Fashion Show. Production description: "The Vasily Vein couture fashion show is the featured event of RoomsThatRock4Chemo's inaugural fundraising gala; a black tie affair that include seated dinner and live and silent auctions."4 hours ago
- Contract runs Nov. 9-Dec. 22 in Huntington, IN. Travel to/from actor's point of origin is included in dates; travel to Indiana on Nov. 9, rehearsal begins Nov. 10 (typically eight-hour rehearsal days, with three or four 10/12-hour tech days); show runs Dec. 4-21 (Wed.-Sat. at 7:30 p.m., Sat. at 1:30 p.m., Sun. at 6 p.m., Tues. school matinee); return travel day is Dec. 22.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting all roles for Different Stages Theater's December 2014 production of "Les Miserables." Different Stages Theater is the resident company of The New Huntington Theater, Huntington, Indiana. The New Huntington Theater is an award-winning newly renovated arena-style performance venue seating 300.4 hours ago