Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin February 22, 2015. Show runs through June 7, 2015, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 4 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Lady Windermere's Fan," a play. Project description: "Mrs Erlynne, the mother of Lady Windermere - her daughter does not know about her - wants to be introduced in society, so that she can marry Lord Augustus Lorton. Lord Windermere, who helped her with a cheque, invites her to his ...
- Rehearses and shoots Oct. 18-Nov. 9 for approx. five to six days only on weekends in Hyde Park in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 4, 5, 11, 12 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Eat.," a short film about a culinary genius who gives up her dream of becoming a chef for her boyfriend. When their relationship begins to fall apart, however, she takes the ultimate measure to win Jeffrey back.
- Show takes place Oct. 25.
- Auditions: Oct 6 in Temple Hills, MD
Seeking local teen singers, dancers, poets, actors, and models for a teen talent show.
- Rehearses once a week based on dancer's availability; performance dates vary.
- Auditions: Oct 8, in Canton, MI
Seeking dancers ages 7-18 for MetCen's youth dance company.The performance troupes are based on age and skill level. Beginners welcome. Students will learn performance pieces to take to various showcases, festivals, and competitions. Technique classes include ballet, contemporary, and master classes when available. The season runs October-May, with some summer ...
- Rehearsals and performances run throughout the holiday season, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 9 in Evanston, IL
The Caroling Party, Chicago's premier professional caroling group, is casting singers.
- Rehearses Nov. 5, 11, 19 and Dec. 2 from 7-10 p.m. in Wilmette, IL; performances TBD in Chicago area.
- Auditions: Oct 9 in Evanston, IL
Seeking Christmas carolers for The Caroling Party, which performs at holiday events all over the Chicago area.
- Season rehearses and runs in Clarksville, TN.
- Auditions: Oct 13, 14 in New York, NY
Casting the remainder of the Roxy Regional Theatre's 32nd season. Season includes: "Honky Tonk Angels" by Ted Swindley, "Measure for Measure" by William Shakespeare, "Tuesdays With Morrie," "Mary Poppins," "The 39 Steps," and "The Music Man." The Roxy is also seeking non-union Stage Managers and Technical Directors.
- Rehearses May 12, 2015; runs June 4-28, 2015 in Conway, AR.
- Auditions: Oct 17 in Chicago, IL
Casting Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre's 2015 summer repertory season. Season includes "The Merchant of Venice," "The Merry Wives of Windsor," and "Fiddler on the Roof."
- Musical is currently running on Broadway and on tour.
- Auditions: Oct 21 in Detroit, MI
Casting "Motown," the musical. All candidates must have amazing soulful voices to play different performers from Motown history. All vocal parts are encouraged to attend. No prior theater experience necessary.
- Individual music rehearsals take place in May 2015, in Chicago, IL. Staging, choreography, and dress rehearsals run June 8-July 2, 2015. All rehearsals will be on the north side of Chicago. Performances run July 2-August 2, 2015, at Stage 773 in Lakeview. For special appearance engagements, and extension performances, refer to the accompanied audition attachment.
- Auditions: Oct 26, 27 in Chicago, IL
Casting “See Rock City & Other Destinations”, a musical. Project description: "A contemporary musical about connections missed and made at tourist destinations across America. A wanderer believes his destiny is written on rooftops along the North Carolina Interstate; a young man yearns to connect with intelligent life in Roswell, New ...
- Performances run April 10-May 3, 2015, in St. Charles, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 26, in St. Charles, IL
Casting "Ordinary Days," a musical. Project description: "The story of four young New Yorkers whose lives intersect as they search for fulfillment, happiness, love, and cabs. Through a score of vibrant and memorable songs, their experiences ring startlingly true to life."
- Rehearses summer 2015 in Staunton, VA. Contract runs April 28-Nov. 29, 2015; tour contract runs June 22, 2015-June 13, 2016.
- Auditions: Oct 27, 28 in New York, NY and Nov 7, 8 in Staunton, VA
The American Shakespeare Center is casting union & nonunion actors for the 2015 Blackfriars Playhouse summer & fall seasons of rotating repertory. Repertory includes "Antony and Cleopatra," "A Midsummer Night’s Dream," "The Winter’s Tale," "1 Henry VI," and "Mucedorus." Also casting the 2015-16 American Shakespeare Center on Tour. Repertory includes ...
- Rehearsals begin December 2014 in NYC; one-year contract begins Jan. 16, 2015. Note: Guaranteed minimum of 35-40 performances from January thru July.
- Auditions: Oct 27 in New York, NY
Casting the national touring one man show, "Men are from Mars - Women are from Venus Live!" This one-man fusion of theatre and stand-up is based on the New York Times #1 best-selling book of the last decade by John Gray. Moving swiftly through a series of vignettes, the show ...
- Runs June 25-July 26 in Kilgore, TX.
- Auditions: Feb 14 in Kilgore, TX and Nov 7, 8, 9, 10 in New York, NY and Nov 11, 12, 13 in Chicago, IL
Seeking performers for Texas Shakespeare Festival's 2015 Auditions in its 30th season. Season includes "A Midsummer's Night's Dream," "The Nerd," "Twelfth Night," "Man of La Mancha," "The Belle of Amherst," and a children's production.
- Rehearses weeknights beginning November 19. No rehearsals on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years Day. Show runs April 11-12, in Chicago, IL. Rehearsals will be held in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago.
- Auditions: Nov 9, 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Broadway Debut," a play.
- Shows are ongoing in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting for "Blue Man Group," a theatrical performance. Project description: "Best known for multimedia performances that feature three bald and blue characters, 'Blue Man Group' is theater, ritual, performance art, comedy, rock music and dance party all rolled into one."
- Runs Mar. 13-14, 2015 in NYC and Apr. 18 in Rochester, NY.
- Auditions: Jan 24 in New York, NY
Seeking singer/actors for the 2015 Lotte Lenya Competition, a program of The Kurt Weill Foundation for Music and an international theater singing contest that emphasizes wide-ranging repertoire and the acting of songs and arias within a dramatic context. The competition recognizes young singer/actors in repertoire ranging from opera/operetta to contemporary ...