Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Programs are based in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Auditions: Feb 9, 10, 11 in Chicago, IL and Feb 9, 10, 11 in Chicago, IL
Seeking participants for entry to the BA Acting, BA Musical Theater, MA Classical and Contemporary Text (Acting and Directing), and MA Musical Theater (Performance and Musical Directing) degree programs at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. Coordinator states: "The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland is a national and international center of excellence ...
- Season rehearses and performs in Milwaukee, WI.
- Auditions: Feb 9 in Milwaukee, WI
Casting the Skylight Music Theatre's season of musical theatre and operettas. Season includes Gershwin's "Of Thee I Sing" (Runs Sept. 6-Oct. 16); Loesser's "Guys and Dolls" (Runs Oct. 25-Dec. 23); Sater and Sheik's "Spring Awakening" (Runs Feb. 14, 2017-Mar. 26 2017); and Sondheim's "Sweeney Todd" (Runs Apr. 25, 2017-June 11, ...
- Rehearsals will be held Sundays through Thursdays (evenings only on weekdays) in March/April, in Chicago, IL. Performances run April 20-May 22, 2016. Regular performances are Thursday-Saturdays at 8 p.m. & Sundays at 3 p.m. at the Greenhouse Theater Center.
- Auditions: Feb 9, 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting "A Midsummer Night's Dream," a play. Project description: "Lovers' lives are complicated by city law, feuding faerie royalty, and... love."
- Rehearses evenings & weekends beginning March 26. Two performances run April 30 at 7:30 p.m. & May 1 at 3 p.m., in Riverside, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 9, 11 in Riverside, IL
Casting "Talking to Strangers," a play. Project description: "Ameena is a young, Muslim having some difficulty fitting into American society. She is also a caregiver to Joan, an aged Alzheimer's patient worth nine million USD, and whose son-in-law, Don, is impatient for her ‘expiration’ and is hoping to cash in. ...
- Shoots mid-late February in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 10, 12 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Bias of Youth," a short film. Synopsis: A man and a woman attempt to meet at a coffee shop after ten years of not seeing each other. While waiting, they both reminisce about their past relationship without realizing that the memories they have of their early 20s might ...
- Classes begin in October 2016 an run in London, England.
- Auditions: Feb 11 in San Francisco, CA and Feb 13, 14 in New York, NY
Seeking students for undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, the University of London's drama conservatoire. Student Recruitment Marketing Manager states: "The School will soon be holding international auditions and interviews for its full-time BA and full- and part-time MA/MFA courses. Whilst remaining ...
- Runs in Oakbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 12, in Oakbrook, IL
Casting "Crazy For You" (Rehearsals begin Oct.13; runs Nov. 3, 2016-Jan. 8, 2017) and "Charlotte's Web" (Rehearsals begin Mar. 28; runs Apr. 13-May 29).
- Rehearsals begin June 6; runs June 17-18 in Madison, WI.
- Auditions: Feb 12, in Chicago, IL
Casting "Gypsy," starring Michele Ragusa.
- Rehearsal and shoot dates TBD in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 12, 13 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Prince," a short student film. Synopsis: An effeminate actor struggles to prove to a cynical casting director that he can portray a straight character until he defies the casting director’s limitations and delivers a powerful and emotional performance.
- All productions rehearse and perform in Grand Lake, CO. The summer repertory company performs in all three shows. The fall company performs only in "Million Dollar Quartet." Summer contract begins June 1st, and ends August 28th. Fall contract begins August 22nd and closes October 2nd.
- Auditions: Feb 12, 13, 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting Rocky Mountain Repertory's 2015 summer season, including the musicals "Little Mermaid," "Rock of Ages," and "Titanic." Fall show is "Million Dollar Quartet."
- Summer contracts begin May 31; fall contracts begin September, October, and November in Macon, MO.
- Auditions: Feb 13 in Macon, MO
Casting the Maples Repertory Theatre 2016 Season. season includes "Of Mice and Men" (runs June 24-July 17); "Ring of Fire;" "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" (runs July 15-Aug. 7); and "My Three Angels" (runs Nov. 30-Dec. 7).
- Season runs in Sullivan, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 13 in Sullivan, IL
Casting the 2016 Season for The Little Theatre on the Square. Season includes: "Shrek" (rehearsals begin May 16); "How to Succeed in Business..." (opens June 15); "Chicago" (opens June 29); "All Shook Up" (opens July 13); "Sister Act" (opens July 27); "Shear Madness" (opens Aug. 10).
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 9; runs Sept. 9-Oct. 2 in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: Feb 13, 14 in Webster Groves, MO
Casting "Follies," a musical.
- Rehearsals for Summer Season begin June 6; season runs through Aug. 27; Actor's would perform in all three summer shows. Rehearsals for Fall Season begin Aug.22; run ends Oct. 1 in Grand Lake, CO.
- Auditions: Feb 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting the Rocky Mountain Repertory Theatre Summer Repertory And Fall Seasons. Seasons include "Little Mermaid," "Rock Of Ages," "Titanic," and "Million Dollar Quartet."
- Season runs in West Bloomfield, MI.
- Auditions: Feb 15, 16 in West Bloomfield, MI
Casting the 2016 Season for the Jewish Ensemble Theatre. Season includes: "Dancing Lessons" (Runs March 24-April 17) and "Kalamazoo" (Runs May 5-29).
- Runs April 22-May 8, in Des Plaines, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 15, 16 in Winnetka, IL
Casting "Cabaret," a musical. Project description: "Welcome to the infamous Kit Kat Klub, where the Emcee, Sally Bowles, and a raucous ensemble take the stage nightly to tantalize the crowd-and leave their troubles outside. But as life in pre-WWII Germany grows more uncertain, will the decadent allure of Berlin nightlife ...
- Rehearsals begin July 7; runs July 27-Aug. 14 in Fish Creek, WI.
- Auditions: Feb 16 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Full Monty."