Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals May 6-June 11, 2014; runs June 14-July 13, 2014.
- Auditions: Dec 8, 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting the song cycle "Myths and Hymns," by composer Adam Guettel. Project description: "'Myths And Hymns' is a diverse, sophisticated musical theatre score of contemporary art songs, with opportunity to showcase a wide vocal range. To be produced in the Heartland Studio, BoHo will explore the complexity and intimacy of ...
- Rehearses and performs TBD in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 8, in Chicago, IL
Casting singers for "The Book of Mormon" Jumamosi Tour.
- Rehearses March 3-April 4, 2014; runs April 5-May 18, 2014 in St. Charles, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 8 in St. Charles, IL
Casting for "Cheaper by the Dozen," based on the novel by Frank Bunker Gilbreth, Jr. and Ernestine Gilbreth Carey. Project description: "Based on the true story of the Gilbreth family. Their inventor father, who is well-known for bringing better efficiency to factories, keeps his family of twelve children running just ...
- Performance dates are TBD at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, NV.
- Auditions: Dec 9 in New York, NY
Casting a male hip-hop dancer for "Love," a show that celebrates the musical legacy of The Beatles. Drawn from the poetry of the lyrics, "Love" explores the content of the songs in a series of scenes inhabited by real and imaginary people. The international cast of 60 channels a raw, ...
- Rehearses evenings & weekends beginning Feb. 18, 2014; runs April 11-May 4, 2014.
- Auditions: Dec 9 in Waukegan, IL
Casting the play "A Fine Line," by Rob Winn Anderson. Project description: "A poignant, funny mash-up of gender, life, death, and romance novels. 'What is the true sex?' This is the question that D. Garfinkel has struggled with for an entire life – a life that is almost over. A ...
- The first read-through will take place in late December; rehearsals will begin early January 2014; runs February 28-March 23, 2014. There is no casting overlap between the two acts so actors will not be called to every rehearsal. All weekday rehearsals will take place in the evenings.
- Auditions: Dec 10, 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting the intersecting one-acts, "Burning Rubber" and "Some Things Stick," written by Chicago playwrights Matt Beard and Niki Dreistadt. Project description: "The play demonstrates how the lives of strangers impact each other in significant ways. The entirety of the action takes place inside of a bar on the edge of ...
- Performances run March 13-16, 2014.
- Auditions: Dec 10, 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting the play "Our Town," by Thornton Wilder. Project description: "Set in the fictional American small town of Grover's Corners, 'Our Town' tells the story of an average town's citizens in the early twentieth century as depicted through their everyday lives. Scenes from the town's history between the years of ...
- Rehearsals begin April 7; runs April 24-June 8, 2014 in Fort Atkinson, WI.
- Auditions: Dec 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Fiddler on the Roof."
- Performance dates TBD at Triton College in River Grove, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 10, 11, 12 in River Grove, IL
Casting the play "Hungry Ghosts," by playwright M.E.H. Lewis. Project description: "'The story of Alice, a forensic anthropologist on a mission to recover the remains of fallen American soldiers in Vietnam. The child of a Vietnamese woman and an American serviceman, adopted by an American couple after Operation Baby Lift ...
- Runs in 2014 at Stage 773 in Chicago, IL, and tours in Pittsburgh and Puerto Rico with other cities to be announced.
- Auditions: Dec 11, 12 in Chicago, IL
Casting a play with music, "DC-7: The Roberto Clemente Story," as part of NightBlue Theatre Company's season, in which three of the most influential characters in Clemente's life meet at his funeral to share their memories. Coordinator states: "Matino (Clemente’s brother), Vera (his widow) and Ramiro Martínez (a close friend ...