Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Season rehearses and performs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting the Steppenwolf Theatre's 2015-16 season. Season includes: "East of Eden" (Frank Galati, adaptation; Terry Kinney, dir. Runs Sept. 17-Nov. 15); "Domesticated" (Bruce Norris, writer-dir. Runs Dec. 3, 2015-Feb. 7, 2016); "The Flick" (Annie Baker, writer. Dexter Bullard, dir.); "Mary Page Marlowe" (Tracy Letts, writer. Runs Mar. 31-May 29, 2016); ...
- Runs June 24-28 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 2, in Chicago, IL
Seeking strong improv character actors and variety acts to be a part of "Electric Forest," an art installation and theatrical experience.
- Shows run June 12-21 in Chicago Heights, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 2 in Chicago Heights, IL
Casting "Other Desert Cities," a play. Project description: "Brooke Wyeth returns home to Palm Springs to visit her parents after a six-year absence. A once-promising novelist, she announces to her family the imminent publication of a memoir dredging up a pivotal and tragic event in the family's history - a ...
- Shoots Nov. 1-Dec. 13.
- Auditions: Apr 4 in Chicago, IL and Apr 11 in Miami, FL
Seeking males 14 and up who sing in Spanish to be a part of the next big boyband. Casting states: "Sony Music, Simon Cowell, Univision Network and the team that discovered One Direction are looking for the next big boyband in Spanish that will make history!"
- Shoots July 2015 in MD.
- Auditions: Apr 4 in Baltimore, MD
Casting "Lotus Eyes." Synopsis: In search of the haven of his distant uncle’s farm, a 16-year-old runaway finds himself fighting for his life in a desolate post oil-crash American landscape until two mysterious strangers offer hope of survival.
- Runs July 27-Aug. 1 in mid-town Manhattan, NY.
- Auditions: Apr 4 in New York, NY
Seeking musical theater performers for Making It On Broadway™, a week-long intensive in the heart of New York City where students explore the realities of what it means to be a modern Broadway professional. Company states: "Participating in classes taught only by current Broadway professionals, students have the opportunity to ...
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 11, 2015; runs Sept. 5, 2015-June 12, 2016 in Cincinnati, OH.
- Auditions: Apr 4 in Chicago, IL
Casting actors of all types and ethnicities for Cincinnati Playhouse In The Park's 2015-16 season.
- Rehearses Wednesdays and Thursdays, and every other Saturday as scheduled. Rehearsals take place at Three Brothers Theatre in Waukegan, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 4 in Waukegan, IL
Casting "The Underground Effect," a play. Project description: "A short play that explores racism in the Black community, young love, social norms, and the controversial topic of interracial love. The play takes place in modern times at a high school in a suburb down South." Actors may play roles of ...
- Shoots Apr. 12-14 in Skokie, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting a short, "Judaism Decoded." Director states: "Will be shot with a childlike Spielberg kind of feel to it. A fun tale of two teens who find an old Torah in their garage and debate selling it for a Playstation 4. It's a teaser to introduce a JLI course on ...
- Rehearsals start in early July in Chicago, IL. Shows start August 1.
- Auditions: Apr 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Punk Punk," a play. Project description: "Mindy holds a special band practice for a Riot Fest scout. But will their plans be thwarted by Marissa, the eccentric landlady making a documentary about herself? This dark comedy written by Hannah Li-Epstein and directed by Rose Freeman is filled with live ...
- Season runs in Williamston, MI.
- Auditions: Apr 6, 7 in Williamston, MI
Seeking actors for Williamston Theatre's 2015-16 Season. Season includes "Rounding Third," (Richard Dresser, writer. Rehearsal begins Sept. 1; runs Sept. 24-Nov. 1); "Jacob Marley's Christmas Carol" (Tom Mula, writer. Rehearsal begins Oct. 27; runs Nov. 19-Dec. 20); "Too Much Too Much Too Many" (Meghan Kennedy, writer. Rehearsals begin Jan. 6; ...
- Rehearsals begin in mid-April in Chicago, IL. Shows June 5-July 12.
- Auditions: Apr 6, 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Black River Falls," a play. Project description: "Teenagers in 1970's Wisconsin are finding out that closeness with each other is sometimes wanted and not simple, and sometimes not wanted and very simple. Gary comes back early from a hunting trip and finds a way to look at Colleen the ...
- Runs May 28-June 28 in Detrot, MI.
- Auditions: Apr 6 in Detroit, MI
Casting "White Ash Falling," a play.
- Shoots Apr. 10 in the Chicago, IL area.
- Auditions: Apr 7 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Clowning Around," a short student film for Tribeca Flashpoint Academy in Chicago. Synopsis: In this short, we meet Kline, a young semi driver and traveling clown memorabilia merchant, stopping to say hi to an old friend. The audience gets a small taste of Kline's everyday life as he is ...
- Season runs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 7, 8, 9 in Chicago, IL
Seeking actors for Victory Gardens Theatre 2015-16 Season. Season includes "Sucker Punch" (Dexter Bullard, dir. Runs Sept. 18-Oct. 18); "Never The Sinner" (Gary Griffin, dir. Runs Nov. 6-Dec. 12); "Cocked" (Joanie Schultz, dir. Runs Feb. 12-Mar. 13); "Hillary and Clinton" (Chay Yew, dir. Runs Apr. 1-May 1); "The House That ...
- Shoots summer 2015 in the U.S. (contestants' hometowns) and Finland.
- Auditions: Apr 8 in Los Angeles, CA
Seeking three bachelors for "Love Connection Finland." Casting personnel state: "If you are, or if you know any American men with some Finnish ancestry (e.g. one of the parents or grandparents are originally from Finland) who would like to discover Finland and find their "Love Connection," reach out to us ...
- Contract dates vary.
- Auditions: Apr 8, 9 in Mason, OH and Apr 14, 15 in New York, NY
Seeking high quality triple-threat performers with contemporary vocal styles and lyrical, jazz, or hip-hop dance experience for Carnival Cruise Lines.