Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Performances run September 26-November 1, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 30, 31, Sep 5, 6, 12, 19 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Fear City Chicago." Project description: "Chicago's premiere haunted city announces auditions for its fourth terrifying season. Searching for 100 of Chicagoland's scariest characters."
- Rehearses and performs 2015 in Osaka, Japan.
- Auditions: Aug 30, 31 in New York, NY
Universal Studios Japan® is returning to the USA, and looking for excellent talent to join its team in Osaka, Japan in 2015. Casting character actors & hosts, dancers who sing well, singers who move well, and female dancers with technical training.
- Rehearsals begin in September; shooting begins in late October/early November in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 30 in Chicago, IL
Casting an indie film, "Through a Mirror Darkly," a sci-fi/fantasy film about a young woman who, along with the help of unlikely allies, battles vampires and demons to keep closed the veil between worlds.
- Rehearsals begin the first week of January 2015. Show runs weekends through April 12, 2015, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 30 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Jesus Christ Superstar," a musical bout the last few weeks of Christ's life.
- Rehearsal begins Jan. 6, 2015; runs Jan. 30-Feb. 23, 2015 in WI.
- Auditions: Sep 1 in Milwaukee, WI
Casting "Once on This Island," a musical.
- Rehearsals begin September 16, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 2, 3, 8, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "If Scrooge was a Brother," a comedic reconstruction of the classic Dickens tale experienced through an Afrocentric lens. A memory play that examines the life long struggle of Boss Scrooge from poverty to the upper class at the expense of his humanity. Spirited music, supernatural experiences and reconnection to ...
- Shows run February 2-March 28, 2015, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 2, 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting the dark comedy "Dividing the Estate," a play about a once-wealthy Texas family who battles over splitting up the family estate. By the author of "The Trip to Bountiful."
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 8; runs through Nov. 14 in CT.
- Auditions: Sep 2 in Bridgeport, CT
Seeking non equity actors with basic knowledge of Spanish for bilingual touring production of "Don Quixote."
- Rehearsals begin September 8. Show runs November 14-23, in Palatine, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 2, 3 in Palatine, IL
Casting "Fiddler on the Roof," a musical. Project description: In prerevolutionary Russia, a Jewish peasant contends with marrying off three of his daughters while growing antisemitic sentiment threatens his village.
- Primarily performs in the Chicago area, with some pending travel dates outside of Chicago.
- Auditions: Sep 3, 10 in Lombard, IL
Casting hahahAMEN, a Christian improv group. Producers state: "We are ministry-based, and perform clean, family-friendly comedy that is safe for all ages, while openly dedicating our comedy to Jesus Christ."
- Rehearsal begins Mar. 19, 2015; runs Apr. 9-June 7, 2015 in Oakbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 4 in Chicago, IL
Casting strong singers/actors for principal roles in "Billy Elliot."
- Rehearsal begins Mar. 23, 2015; runs Apr. 9-June 7, 2015 in Oakbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 5, in Chicago, IL
Casting strong singers, actors, and dancers in "Billy Elliot."
- Rehearses August-September; shoots early September and will take place over two weekends with 5 shoot days in total in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 5, 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting for short student film "Sex Kwon Do." In order to rescue his kidnapped friend, Steve, a young pupil under the guidance of his burnt-out sensei, must take on not only the powerful Gay Mafia, but also the struggle with understanding his true identity.