Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots May 12-June 7 in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Apr 20 in Houston, TX
Casting a new untitled reality series featuring Nigerian wives, ladies, and anyone related to the Nigerian community in Houston. Company states: "Are you phenomenal and just so fabulous? We are looking for you!"
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; runs Oct. 20-Jan. 4 in Oakbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 21 in Chicago, IL
Casting classically-trained male actors/singers with combat training/experience and strong female and male actors/singers for the production of "Camelot," a very progressive, sexy, almost-contemporary telling of the classic musical.
- Rehearsals begin the week of June 9th. Performances run July 31st through August 24th, at the Athenaeum Theatre.
- Auditions: Apr 21, 22, 23 in Chicago, IL
Casting the play "Half Price Cosmos," about eight strangers who meet one night in a bar and find themselves in an unexpectedly heated discussion.
- Rehearsals begin May 7. Performances run June 6-July 27 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 21 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Annapurna," a play. Project description: "A moving play about about love and loss. When cowboy-poet Ulysses becomes terminally ill, his estranged wife Emma tracks him down for a final reckoning. Their reunion, some twenty years after she initially walked out on their marriage, brings with it charged emotions and ...
- Rehearsals begin March 30, 2015. Previews begin April 28; runs May 8-Aug. 2 (with possible extension through Aug. 23) in Glencoe, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 22 in Glencoe, IL
- The theater is located in Arlington Heights, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 22, 25 in Arlington Heights, IL
Casting "Oliver!", the musical based on Charles Dickens' "Oliver Twist," about an orphan boy who hooks up with a group of boys trained to be pickpockets.
- Rehearsals begin May; shoots June 21-22 & 28-29, July 5-6, 12-13, & 19-20 and Aug. 1-3, 9-10, & 16-17 in Chicago, IL. Note: The days will be roughly 10 hour work days.
- Auditions: Apr 23, 25, 27 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Cool Apocalypse," a feature length indie romance film. Producer states: "This a passion project we are very excited to be finally casting. The film will focus heavily on the performance of the actors."
- Season runs Aug. 2014-Feb. 2015 in Louisville, KY.
- Auditions: Apr 24, 25 in Chicago, IL
The Actors Theatre of Louisville is casting its 2014 season. Shows include: "Dracula" (Bill McNulty, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 14; runs Sept. 21-Oct. 13); "A Christmas Carol" (Drew Fracher, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 29; runs Nov. 28-Dec. 23); and "The Brothers Size" (Tarell Alvin McCraney, writer. Rehearsals begin Dec. 9, ...
- Shoots May 30-June 3 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 25, 26 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Last Hour," a short film about two strangers, a homeless teenager and a middle-aged cop, whose lives violently collide when they accidentally shoot each other. As they try to keep each other conscious, they discover that they are more similar than they may had originally thought.
- Auditions (April 26th 10AM) & Finales (May 18th) for the contest will be held Discount Music Center in Orlando, FL.
- Auditions: Apr 26 in Orlando, FL
Seeking contestants for "SING to End Homelessness" a charity singing competition. "Each group/soloist will audition by 'singing' a cappella before a panel of judges for a chance to be selected to advance onto the 'Grand Finale' with a chance to win prizes and a spot on a compilation album to ...
- Shows Sunday-Thursday, July 21-Aug. 30 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 26 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The House of Mirth," an adaptation of Edith Wharton's classic novel. Project description: "This moving play vividly brings to the stage Lily Bart's flamboyant progress through the glorious whirl of New York's high society, circa 1905, and her tragic fall. The satirical love story is staged as a series ...
- Rehearsals and performances run 2014-15 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 26, 27 in Chicago, IL
The Emerald City Theatre Company is casting its 2014-15 season.
- Rehearsals begin May 4. Show runs weekends, June 21-August 10, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 28 in Chicago, IL
Casting Bard in the Parks 2014 Tour of William Shakespeare's "The Two Gentlemen of Verona." Project description: "In 16th Century Italy, two inseparable friends suddenly become rivals for the love of a noblewoman."
- Rehearsals begin August 25. Performances run October 3-November 2 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 27 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Take Me Out," a play. Project description: "Baseball’s biggest secret is held by baseball’s biggest star - until he decides to come out of the closet. As the world reacts to his 'matter of fact' announcement, the turmoil, confusion, support, betrayal, acceptance, hatred and joy are mirrored in miniature ...