Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin March 9, 2015. Shows April 4-May 24, 2015 in St. Charles, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 8 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Unnecessary Farce," a play. Project description: "Playwright Smith sets the action in a cheap motel room where an embezzling mayor is supposed to meet with his female accountant, while in the adjoining room, two undercover cops wait to catch the meeting on videotape. Of course, confusion sets in as ...
- Company meeting December 15, 2014. Rehearsals begin in January 2015. Shows run March 13-22, 2015 in Palatine, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 8, 9, 13 in Palatine, IL
Casting "Clybourne Park," a play. Project description: "At the heart of this Pulitzer Prize-winning play is a house. In act one, it's 1959 and the house is being sold following a family tragedy, a and the neighbors are dismayed to learn that the buyers are African-American. In act two, it's ...
- Rehearsals begin January 2015 in Downers Grove, IL. Shows run March 6-22, 2015 in Naperville, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 8, 10 in Naperville, IL
Casting Rumors, a play. Project description: "At a large, tastefully appointed Sneden's Landing townhouse, the Deputy Mayor of New York has just shot himself. Though only a flesh wound, four couples are about to experience a severe attack of farce. Gathering for their tenth wedding anniversary, the host lies bleeding ...
- This production is part of our Theatre Exchange Program with The Stables Theatre in Hastings, England, performing first in Chicago, IL, February 13-22, 2015 and then in the UK, June 22-July 5, 2015. Casting notes: "To audition, you must make the commitment of traveling to England with the production. Host homes will be found for you, but know that you are responsible for airfare, food, sightseeing, etc."
- Auditions: Dec 8, 9 in Chicago Heights, IL
Casting "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," a play. Project description: "Brick, an alcoholic ex-football player, drinks his days away and resists the affections of his wife, Maggie. His reunion with his father, Big Daddy, who is dying of cancer, jogs a host of memories and revelations for both father ...
- Performances run March 13-15 & 20-22, 2015, in Deerfield, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 10, 13 in Deerfield, IL
Casting the play, "Barefoot in the Park," a comedy. Project description: "Newlyweds Corie and Paul begin married life in a tiny 5th floor walkup apartment in a mid-Manhattan brownstone. Paul is a strait-laced attorney, while Corie is a far more spontaneous free spirit. The young couple must contend with a ...
- There will be one cast meeting before the holidays. Rehearsals begin after the new year. Production runs February 20-March 1, 2015 at Angelo's Ristorante in Elmhurst, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 14, 15 in Elmhurst, IL
Casting "A Very ᴃGrady Murder," a dinner theatre musical mystery. Project description: "One of the Brady family has witnessed a murder, so the entire family goes into the Witness Protection Program. Against the WPP rules, one of their members signs them up to compete on a TV show, because they ...
- Rehearses and performs approximately August 2015-May 2016; rehearses in Chicago, IL; performs in Chicago, IL, and tours nationally and internationally.
- Auditions: Jan 11 in New York, NY and Feb 1 in Chicago, IL
Seeking dancers for Giordano Dance Chicago. Male and female dancers for the main company must be at least 22 years of age. Dancers must have a strong ballet and jazz technique. GDC consists of ten dancers, five men and five women. The company tours nationally and internationally. Giordano II positions ...
- Annual renewable contracts begin Aug. 1, 2015 and end July 31, 2016. Relocation to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN) necessary for the position.
- Auditions: Feb 20 in Minneapolis, MN
Seeking tenors, baritones, and basses for the 2015-16 season of Cantus, "the nation’s only full-time artist-led vocal ensemble." Company states: " Cantus is an internationally-touring ensemble based in arts-rich Twin Cities, performing 70+ concerts and 30+ outreach activities each season. Repertoire spans all periods and genres. Represented by Alliance Artist ...
- Rehearsal and production dates & locations vary by theater/company.
- Auditions: Mar 5, 6, 7 in Chattanooga, TN
Casting for various professional theaters at Southeastern Theatre Conference (SETC). Company states: "Join 80+ professional theater companies for real jobs, with real theaters, for real opportunities! Repertory, dinner, stock, summer, outdoor, touring, theme park, and cruise line theaters will be hiring leads, supporting, character, ensemble, chorus, dance line actors, and ...
- Dates vary by company; companies are located throughout the U.S.
- Auditions: Mar 5, 6, 7 in Chattanooga, TN
Seeking actors for SETC's spring professional auditions. Professional theater services coordinator states: "SETC hosts the nation's most reliable, longest-running combined auditions as part of their Annual Convention. Over 800 professional actors/actresses, dancers, and singers audition and get acting jobs with theater companies from across the nation for both summer and ...
- Dates of productions vary between the participating theaters/producers.
- Auditions: Mar 14, 15 in St. Paul, MN
Seeking actors for the 2015 Twin Cities Unified Theatre Auditions.