Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Season rehearses and performs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 29, 30, May 1 in Chicago, IL
Casting the House Theatre of Chicago's 2015-16 season. All shows at The House are original works which contain a great deal of physicality and spectacle.
- Runs Apr. 29, 6 p.m., at Slake, 251 W. 30th St. in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 29 in New York City, NY
Seeking actors to participate in the Manhattan Monologue Slam Show, featuring ten casting directors, including ABC Prime Time Casting. Meet "A List" industry leaders looking for undiscovered talent, with an afterparty afterwards. The process of the slam is you have to perform a 30-second monologue in order for us to ...
- Intensive Workshop May 6 & 13 (7-10 p.m.); rehearses Amy 20-July 8 (Wed., 7-10 p.m.); performs July 10-Aug. 15 (Fri. & Sat., 8:30 p.m.) at Pendulum Space, 1803 W. Byron St., Suite 216, Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 29, May 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Fugue," a complex show that captures the elements of a musical fugue through four simultaneous improvised scenes that explore similar themes. The show consists of eight actors onstage for the full 45-minute show, performing four separate scenes in four different spaces. While they physically overlap onstage, they thematically overlap ...
- Rehearses approx. May 29-31; shoots approx. June 1-July 3 in various locations in MI, such as Beaver Island, Grand Rapids, Hersey, and the Royal Oak/Brighton areas.
- Auditions: May 1, 4 in Troy, MI
Casting "Elder Island," a feature film. Producer states: "The film will include contemporary and 1850s settings. This is a horror-thriller more in the vein of classic '80s horror such as 'Friday the 13th' or 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' than current films, such as 'Saw' or 'Paranormal Activity.' It will ...
- Rehearsals begin July 27. Shows run September 21-November 1, with a possible extension.
- Auditions: May 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Miss Buncle's Book," a play. Project description: "Christina Calvit's world premiere adaptation of D.E. Stevenson's book.
- Rehearsals begin July 21 in Chicago, IL. Shows September 5-October 18.
- Auditions: May 2, 3, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Dogfight," a musical. Project description: "November 21, 1963. On the eve of their deployment to a small but growing conflict in Southeast Asia, three young Marines set out for one final boys' night of partying, debauchery, and maybe a little trouble. But when Corporal Eddie Birdlace meets Rose, an ...
- Rehearsals will begin Monday, May 18th and will run Mondays through Thursdays from 7pm-10pm in Chicago, IL. Performances are every Saturday at 11:00pm, from June 20th - August 29th at the Greenhouse Theater Center.
- Auditions: May 2, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "El Stories," a play. Project description: "Chicago's hit late-night documentary theatre project uses real-life transit tales to explore our diverse experiences as we move through this dynamic city."
- Shows July 10-19 in Naperville, IL.
- Auditions: May 2, 4, 5 in Naperville, IL
Casting "Monty Python's Spamalot," a musical. Project description: "The twisted telling of King Arthur and his quest for the Holy Grail. This parody of the Arthurian legend is peppered with snappy tunes that made it a Broadway hit."