Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals for Christmas shows begin Nov. 1; shows open Nov. 21 and close on Dec. 31 in Williamsburg, VA.
- Auditions: Jul 25, 26, in Chicago, IL and Aug 1, 2, in Salt Lake City, UT
Busch Gardens Entertainment, with the support of Bob Cline Casting, is casting the 2014 Christmas season for Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Seeking a few triple threats, but mostly strong actors/singers and strong dancer/actors. Actors of all ethnicities are strongly encouraged to attend. Coordinator states: "The award-winning Busch Gardens takes great pride ...
- First production meeting and rehearsal is July 20. Rehearses August 25- September 25. Shows run October 3-5, 11-12 & 18-19, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 27, 28 in Chicago, IL
Casting "A Midsummer Night's Dream," Shakespeare's comedy about lovers whose lives are complicated by city law, feuding faerie royalty, and... love.
- Shooting in Evanston, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 27 in Evanston, IL
Casting on-camera and voiceover talent for the launch of the new cable network, Vibrant TV. Producers state: “Vibrant is, as the name suggests, colorful, fun, interesting, and diverse with international content aimed at American television viewers. We are looking for talent that can emulate the ideas of the channel and ...
- Rehearses evenings & weekends, beginning the week of July 28. Opens September 14, at Berger Park on Lake Michigan in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 27 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Birds," a play based on the Alfred Hitchcock film of the same name. Project description: "A wealthy San Francisco socialite pursues a potential boyfriend to a small Northern California town that slowly takes a turn for the bizarre when birds of all kinds begin to attack people in ...
- Season runs 2014-15 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 27 in Chicago, IL
Red Theater Chicago is casting its 2014-15 season.
- Shows run October 10-November 1, Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m., in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 27, 30 in Chicago, IL
Casting "A Nightmare On Backstreet," a musical boy band parody - think "Nightmare on Elm Street" meets Backstreet Boys.
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; runs Oct. 30-Dec. 21 in Fort Atkinson, WI.
- Auditions: Jul 28, 29 in Chicago, IL
Casting "A Fireside Christmas," an original, bookless Christmas musical revue that combines songs, medleys, dramatizations, and concert dance pieces.
- Shows run year round in the Cincinnati area.
- Auditions: Jul 28 in Cincinnati, OH
Seeking professional entertainers, actors, and improvisers for immediate replacements for The Murder Mystery Company in Cincinnati. Companys states: "TMMC has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Shows run year-round with a multitude of murder mystery ...
- Shooting TBD in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 28 in New York, NY
Casting "Real Life Comedy." Producer states: "Saturday Night Live has been a staple on television for 40 years. Now it is time for the real life version. If you are a real life, over-the-top character, or can assume the identity of one, and can be believable as this character in ...
- Rehearses evenings beginning the first week of August.Show runs September 12-27, in Cicero, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 28, 29 in Cicero, IL
Casting "The Good Doctor," a collection of sketches. Project description: "A composite of Neil Simon and Anton Chekhov. In one sketch a feisty old woman storms a bank and upbraids the manager for his gout and lack of money. In another, a father takes his son to a house where ...
- Rehearses mid-September to early October. Shows run for three weekends beginning October 10, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 30, 31 in Chicago, IL
Casting the All Hallows Eve "Skelebration" and "Boneshaker."
- Workshops and rehearsals are Wednesdays at 7 p.m., beginning August 6. Shows run Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m., October 17-December 6 (no shows October 31, November 1, 28, or 29), in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 30, Aug 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Consequence", an ongoing serialized performance, with every actor playing the same role throughout the production. Each week’s performance will fold in the narratives of the previous performances, creating an expanding world of complex lives. "Actions have consequences."
- Rehearses and performs 2015 in Osaka, Japan.
- Auditions: Aug 15, 16 in Las Vegas, NV and Aug 19, 20 in Los Angeles, CA and Aug 23, 24 in Chicago, IL and Aug 27, 28 in Orlando, FL and Aug 1, 30, 31 in New York, NY
Universal Studios Japan® is returning to the USA, and looking for excellent talent to join its team in Osaka, Japan in 2015. Casting character actors & hosts, dancers who sing well, singers who move well, and female dancers with technical training.
- Performances run October 3-26, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 2, 4 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Twelfth Night," Shakespeare's comedy of gender confusion, where a girl disguises herself as a man to be near the count she adores, only to be pursued by the woman he loves.
- Performances run September 12-October 4, in Medinah, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 2, 4 in Streamwood, IL
Casting "The Hiding Place," a play. Project description: "The true story of one family's involvement in the underground during World War II in Nazi-occupied Netherlands."
- Shows run weekends, October 17-November 8 in Glen Ellyn, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 3 in Glen Ellyn, IL
Casting "Grace and Glorie," a story about two very different people forming a close bond. Project description: "Grace is 90 years old and has checked herself out of the hospital to die at home. Glorie is the young woman who attempts to care for the cantankerous Grace."
- Rehearsals will begin early September. Performances will be early October- to mid-November, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 3, in Chicago, IL and Aug 4, 5 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Guide to Being Single," a musical. Project description: "In the crowded bars of Wrigleyville, it can be hard to meet people. Don't you wish you had a foolproof book that told you, step-by-step how to find partners for meaningless sexual encounters? The Guide to Being Single is the ...
- Rehearses evenings & weekends. Performances run October 24-26 and October 31-November 2.
- Auditions: Aug 3, 4 in Oak Lawn, IL
Casting "Young Frankenstein," a musical re-imagining of the Frankenstein legend based on the Mel Brooks' classic film of the same name.
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 26, 2014; runs approx. Jan. 15-March 22, 2015 in Oakbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in Oakbrook, IL
Casting "West Side Story."
- Rehearsals begin late August. Performances run October 3-12, in Wilmette, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in Wilmette, IL
Casting "9 to 5," a musical adaptation of the film of the same name, about three female employees of a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot, who find a way to turn the tables on him.
- Shows are held year round in the Detroit area.
- Auditions: Aug 5 in Eastpointe, MI
Seeking professional entertainers, actors, and improvisers for immediate replacements for The Murder Mystery Company in Detroit. Shows run year-round with a multitude of murder mystery themes ranging from 1920s Mobster to Masquerade Balls. Prod. states: "TMMC has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is ...