Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin September 10. Opens November 21, 2015. There will be up to five performances per week through January 3, 2016. No performances on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years Day. The production schedule will observe the Jewish High Holidays calendar. All performances will be at Theater Wit, 1229 W Belmont Avenue, Chicago, IL. 60657
- Auditions: Sep 10, 13 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Angina Pectoris," a play. Project description: "A comedy that posits the ridiculous, and (of course) antics definitely ensue. But the humorous situations help to uncover deeper issues and, in so doing, identity in a wider and multicultural context is explored."
- Currently casting replacement and standby positions for the cast. Schedule depends upon possible openings. Contracts run until May 1, 2016, with possible renewal for next season.
- Auditions: Sep 11 in Chicago, IL
Seeking replacement performers/actors for Feld Entertainment's live, touring, arena stunt spectacular, "Marvel Universe Live!" This show features dozens of the beloved Marvel heroes and villains in non-stop action. Of particular interest are performers with a strong background in either stunts or theatrical fighting. Additional desirable skills include: gymnastics, acrobatics, tricking, ...
- National tours ongoing.
- Auditions: Sep 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting the Feld Entertainment live performance, "Marvel Universe Live!" Project description: "An international touring arena stunt show featuring dozens of the famed Marvel Superheros and Villains."
- Rehearses June 20-30, 2016 (must arrive June 19; rehearsals begin June 20 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs July 1 & 2 (7 p.m.); depart July 3. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Sep 12 in Nashville, TN and Oct 3 in New York, NY and Nov 14 in Houston, TX and Dec 4 in Toledo, OH and Dec 5 in Detroit, MI and Dec 6 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Fiddler on the Roof," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are ...
- Rehearsals begin in mid-September in Elgin, IL. "King of Shadows" runs in October. "Poe" runs in November.
- Auditions: Sep 12 in Elgin, IL
Casting the plays "King of Shadows," by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, and "Tales from Poe: Into Darkness" by Edgar Allen Poe.
- Rehearsals will begin mid-October (most rehearsals will be held on Tues., Thurs., and Fri. evenings, with some rehearsals on Sat. mornings and afternoons; not everyone will be called to every rehearsal). There will be a full week break for Thanksgiving. Tech rehearsals begin Nov. 30. Performs Dec. 11, 12, 18, & 19 (evenings). All performances held in the new state-of-the-art auditorium at Community Christian Church (The Yellow Box), 1635 Emerson Ln., Naperville, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 12, 13 in Naperville, IL
Casting "Let it Be Christmas," a rock-opera Nativity Story, telling "the greatest story of all time, with the greatest music of all time." Synopsis: Follow Joseph and Mary down the "Long and Winding Road" to Bethlehem as they bring this "Beautiful Boy" into the world to offer salvation to all ...
- Performances run year-round in the Cincinnati area.
- Auditions: Sep 14 in Cincinnati, OH
Seeking actors/improvisers for The Murder Mystery Company, which has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the US. Company states: "Shows run year round with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically to give our repeat customers something ...
- "A Christmas Carol" rehearsals begin October 12; runs November 20-December 20. "The Trial of Abraham" rehearsals begin January 4, 2016; runs February 12-March 20, 2016. All shows in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 14, 16, 17 in Chicago, IL
Quest Theatre Ensemble is casting its upcoming season, including "A Christmas Carol," and the play "The Trial of Abraham." Project description: "'A Christmas Carol' is the classic Broadway musical based on the Charles Dickens' classic novel. ‘The Trial of Abraham' is a powerful courtroom drama that tackles the complicated and ...
- Performances run December 4-13, in Chicago Heights, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 16, 17 in Chicago Heights, IL
Casting "Heaven Can Wait," a musical. Project description: "Boxer Joe Pendleton, flying to his next fight, crashes and is sent to the Hereafter…sixty years too soon! To make matters worse, before the matter can be rectified by heavenly supervisor Mr. Jordan, his body is cremated. Instead, Joe is given the ...
- Rehearses Sept. 23-Nov. 5 (Mon.-Thurs., 7-10 p.m., until Oct. 12, when rehearsals run Mon.-Fri., 7-10 p.m.) at The Unity Community Center, 1212 W. Balmoral, Chicago, IL; runs Nov. 6-Dec. 20 at The Royal George Theatre, Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 16 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Animal Acts!: An Animal Burlesque on the State of the Human Condition," a musical. Synopsis: "Animal Acts!" features ten twisted animals who have come with a message from on high about how humans treat themselves and the other inhabitants of this "One World." This is a world premier of ...
- Shoots this November in Venice.
- Auditions: Sep 18, 25, Oct 2 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting an independent & improv-based comedy show featuring "slice of life" sketches, witty story lines and insightful variety segments.