Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin early August. Performances run late August to September 13, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 15, 19 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Ladies Night of the Living Dead," a play. Project description: "A cheap hotel room with a bathtub full of booze ensures that Sarah's bachelorette party will be a prenuptial night to remember - but when a zombie outbreak plagues Chicago, she and her five friends find themselves battling challenges ...
- Shooting TBD in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 16, 17, 18, 19 in New York, NY
Casting "After Dark," an indie feature film.
- Performance date Saturday, Nov. 14, in Mount Pleasant, MI. Rehearsals TBD as actor availability information is submitted.
- Auditions: Jul 16, 17, 18, 25 in Mt. Pleasant, MI
Casting "Runagate," a medley of narrative, movement, and music inspired by the poem "Runagate Runagate." Description: Through the vessel of this work, a diverse cast of characters dramatically reflect the struggle for a freedom that is not only historic but universal.
- Rehearsals TBD based on actors' availability in Mt. Pleasant, MI; performances TBD.
- Auditions: Jul 16, 17, 18 in Mt. Pleasant, MI
Casting "Runagate," a medley of narrative, movement, and music, based on a poem about the Underground Railroad
- Rehearsals begin October 11. Performances run November 27, 2015 to January 10, 2016, including a NYE performance. Possible extension through January 31, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 20 in Chicago, IL
Casting "My Way: A Tribute to Frank Sinatra," a musical. Project description: "Featuring the musical stylings of 'Ol’ Blue Eyes' Frank Sinatra for his 100th birthday."
- Shoot dates & locations are TBA.
- Auditions: Jul 22 in Irvine, CA
Casting for "The Hunt", a short film that takes place in a "futuristic" Americam where a popular reality show exists that pits "People against People, against Dinosaurs." Company States: "The Entertainment Company that airs the reality show is partnered with a Bio Engineering company, both of who are involved in ...
- Runs September 18-October 18, in Lake Forest, IL (where the 1980 Oscar-winning film of the same name was shot).
- Auditions: Jul 25 in Lake Forest, IL
Casting "Ordinary People," a play. Project description: "The accidental death of the older son of an affluent family deeply strains the relationships among the bitter mother, the good-natured father, and the guilt-ridden younger son."
- Performances are ongoing at Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL
- Auditions: Jul 26 in Buffalo Grove, IL
Disney Parks Talent Casting is seeking male gymnasts and male tumblers for full-time positions in the Festival of the Lion King at the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Florida.
- Runs Oct. 1-31 (Thurs., 8 p.m.; Fri.-Sat., 10 p.m.) at the Public House Theatre in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 1, 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Babysitter Massacre '78" a new musical from the creators of “A Nightmare on Backstreet” and “Bates: An 80’s Musical Psycho Parody.”
- Runs Oct. 8-10, 15-17, and 22-24 in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Auditions: Aug 8, 9 in Grand Rapids, MI
Casting "Heathers: The Musical," the rock musical with music, lyrics, and a book by Laurence O'Keefe and Kevin Murphy, based on the 1988 cult film "Heathers." Seeking 18 men and women, ages 17-50, of all ethnicities.