Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Orientation Oct. 16 (6:30 p.m.); rehearses Oct. 19-Nov. 19 (weeknights 6-10 p.m.; weekends TBD); runs Nov. 20, Dec. 1-3, 8-10, and 14-17 (3-8 p.m.); Nov. 21, 27, and Dec. 4-6, 11-13, and 18-23 (10 a.m.-8 p.m.); Nov. 28 (Winterfest; 10 a.m.-9 p.m.). Nov. 22 & 29 (11 a.m.-7 p.m.), and Dec. 24 (10 a.m.-3 p.m.) in Cleveland, OH.
- Auditions: Oct 10, 11, 12 in Cleveland, OH
Casting Kringle’s Inventionasium®, a 60-minute, fully immersive, interactive theatrical experience developed in Cleveland by the Mr. Kringle® Company, LLC in association with the Mr. Kringle® Licensing Group. Description: The Inventionasium is Mr. Kringle's top-secret inventing laboratory. Guests tour different departments, explore each area, and engage in hands-on activities to help ...
- Rehearses & runs Apr. 4-May 22, 2016 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 13, 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting AGMA/Equity/nonunion singers & dancers for "The King and I."
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 28, 2016; runs Feb. 18-Mar. 20, 2016 in Munster, IN.
- Auditions: Oct 13 in Munster, IN
Casting "The 39 Steps."
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 14; runs Jan. 22-Mar. 6, 2016 in All Performance will be at the Den Theater, 1329 N. Milwaukee Ave, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting the role of Jim in "The Glass Menagerie."
- Rehearses and performs April 25-Nov. 27, 2016 in Staunton, VA. Tour rehearses and performs June 20, 2016-June 11, 2017.
- Auditions: Oct 16, 17 in Staunton, VA and Oct 26, 27 in New York, NY
Casting the 2016 Blackfriars Playhouse Summer/Fall Season of rotating repertory. Repertory includes "King Lear," "Twelfth Night," "Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson," and "Henry VI Part 2." Also casting the tour, which includes "Romeo and Juliet," "Our Town," "The Two Gentlemen of Verona," "Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet)," and "A Christmas Carol."
- Runs January 15-February 6, 2016, in Glen Ellyn, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 18, 20 in Glen Ellyn, IL
Casting "Doubt, A Parable," a play. Project description: "In this brilliant and powerful drama, Sister Aloysius takes matters into her own hands when she suspects the young Father Flynn of improper relations with one of the male students at her Bronx school."
- Rehearsals begin March 7, 2016. Performances run April 12-May 15 (with a possible extension to May 22), 2016, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 18 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Dreamgirls," a musical. Project description: "A trio of black female soul singers cross over to the pop charts in the early 1960's, facing their own personal struggles along the way."
- Rehearses Oct. 19 at the Illinois Institute of Art Chicago; shoots Oct. 23-24 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 20 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Unmasked Remedy," a short horror film about a young girl who is bullied by two other girls and kidnaps them to satisfy her abusive father's and uncle's sick pleasures.
- Auditions 10/24/15 & 11/14/15 Shooting dates 1/22-26/2016 Houston, TX area
- Auditions: Oct 24, Nov 14 in Houston, TX
A teenage girl (15) drops acid at a concert only to go home with her mom halfway through her “trip” without a plan. Confessing what she’s done to her parents, she finds refuge in her hallucinations during the ensuing parental meltdown and comes out the other side with a stronger ...
- Season runs Jan.-Oct. 2016 in Clarksville, TN.
- Auditions: Oct 26, 27 in New York, NY
Seeking performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds for Roxy Regional Theatre's 33rd season. Productions include: "Blues in the Night," "The Mountaintop," "The Cat in the Hat," "Taming of the Shrew," "The Magnificent Ambersons" (world premiere), Green Day's "American Idiot," "Awesome '80s Prom," "Smokey Joe's Cafe," and "Million Dollar Quartet."
- Rehearses June 20-30, 2016 (must arrive June 19; rehearsals begin June 20 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs July 1 & 2 (7 p.m.); depart July 3. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Nov 14 in Houston, TX and Dec 4 in Toledo, OH and Dec 5 in Detroit, MI and Dec 6 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Fiddler on the Roof," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are ...
- Rehearsals begin in January 2016, and will take place on varying days Monday-Friday 7-10 p.m. and Saturdays 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Commitment will be two- to four rehearsals per week. Performances run March 11-20, 2016, in the Performing Arts Center at Harper College, 1200 West Algonquin Road, in Palatine, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 3, 4 in Palatine, IL
Cast "The Tempest," a play. Project description: "Adapted for the stage and directed by Laura Pulio Colbert, with original music by Steve Goers, this non-traditional adaptation of William Shakespeare’s 'The Tempest' will incorporate music and movement. Dancers, gymnasts/tumblers, and singers are encouraged to audition."