Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses days, beginning mid-March in Highland Park, IL. Performances run April-May, in the morning and early afternoon, Tuesdays-Thursdays. There will be no weekend rehearsals or performances.
- Auditions: Mar 2 in Highland Park, IL
ImprovPlayhouse is casting the play "The Diary of Anne Frank," and the musical "Seussical the Musical." Actors may be cast in both shows depending upon availability and production requirements.
- Shows run May 2, 3, 9, 10, 16 & 17, in Chicago, IL. Actors must also commit to being available on May 1, 8, 15, 22, 23 & 24, in case the show run is extended.
- Auditions: Mar 4, 5, 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Come Blow Your Horn," a play. Project description: "The play takes place in 1961 in the Manhattan New York exclusive bachelor apartment of Alan Baker. Alan's brother Buddy comes to stay, hoping to learn to be independent and to experience life away from the vigilance of his mom and ...
- Shoots Nov. 1-Dec. 13.
- Auditions: Mar 7 in Los Angeles, CA and Mar 28 in New York, NY and Mar 14 in Puerto Rico, PR and Apr 4 in Chicago, IL and Mar 21 in Houston, TX and Apr 11 in Miami, FL
Seeking males 14 and up who sing in Spanish to be a part of the next big boyband. Casting states: "Sony Music, Simon Cowell, Univision Network and the team that discovered One Direction are looking for the next big boyband in Spanish that will make history!"
- Rehearses & shoots mid-March 2015 in the Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus area, Ohio.
- Auditions: Mar 7 in Dayton, OH
Seeking strong male dancers and attractive female model to play lead role along side Thomas Troutman in his new music video "Picture Perfect."
- Rehearses mid-March to late May (Mon., Tues., and Thurs., 7:30-9:30 p.m.); runs May 29, 30, and (possibly) May 31, in Waukegan, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 7 in Waukegan, IL
Casting "Over the Rainbow," a musical. Synopsis: Before a crisis occurs in the Ukraine, Nataliya leaves her husband, Viktor, and attempts to become an actress on Broadway in America. Nataliya meets new friends who give her encouragement as she pursues her dream and becomes involved with the "Wizard of Oz" ...
- Rehearsals begin July 13; runs Aug. 7-8 in Indianapolis, IN.
- Auditions: Mar 8, 15 in Indianapolis, IN
Casting "Twelfth Night," a play.
- Shows run May 8-10, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 8, 9, 10 in Oak Lawn, IL
Casting "45 Seconds From Broadway," a play. Project description: "A Neil Simon comedy set in a cheap diner just off Broadway in New York City. A large cast of zany theater types pop in and out through four slice-of-life sketches about the Great White Way."
- Rehearsals begin May 19; runs July 1-26 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 8, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Bent," a play about a homosexual 'wheeler dealer' who leads a dissolute life of alcohol, drugs, and sporadic sex until the horrors of Nazi Germany intervene and effectively put an end to his hedonistic alcoholic lifestyle.
- Rehearsals begin May 8; runs May 29-June 21 in Gainesville, FL.
- Auditions: Mar 9 in Gainesville, FL
Casting "Honky Tonk Angels," a musical.
- Productions rehearse and perform in Milwaukee, WI.
- Auditions: Mar 9, 10, 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting the 2015-16 Season for Milwaukee Repertory Theatre. Season includes: "Back Home Again: The Life of John Denver" (Randal Myler, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 18; previews begin Sept. 11; opens Sept. 13; closes Nov. 8); "Dreamgirls" (Mark Clements, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 25; previews begin Sept. 22; opens Sept. 25; ...
- Rehearses Mar. 19-May 15 (6-9 p.m.); runs May 16 (1:30 & 6:30 p.m.) and May 17 (1:30 p.m.) in Aurora, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 11 in Aurora, IL
Casting "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
- Shows run year-round in the Detroit, MI area.
- Auditions: Mar 12 in Eastpointe, MI
Seeking theatrical/improv actors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Our shows run year-round with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically to ...
- Rehearses and shoots July 2015 (three-five days) in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Rest of My Life," a short drama about Lily, an only child who loses the only close relationship she has ever had. She experiences the tragic moment cease in time for both her and her mother; will they find the key to moving forward?
- Rehearses Jul. 6-31 in Burlington, VT; performs Aug. 1-16 throughout Vermont.
- Auditions: Mar 28, 29 in New York, NY and Mar 14, 19 in Burlington, VT
Seeking submissions for Vermont Shakespeare Company's 2015 Summer Season. Currently casting: "Romeo and Juliet."
- Report and first meeting May 17; rehearsals begin May 18; runs June 5-Aug. 29 (Mon.-Sat. eves. at 8 p.m.) at the Sugarloaf Mountain Amphitheatre in Chillicothe, OH.
- Auditions: Mar 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting the lead role in the outdoor historical drama "Tecumseh!" "Tecumseh!," which is produced by the Scioto Society, Inc., takes place in an 1,800 seat theatre in Chillicothe, OH, which is 45 miles south of Columbus. CEO states: "The huge, outdoor stages of the Sugarloaf Mountain Amphitheatre afford the audience ...
- Runs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 14 in Chicago, IL and Mar 30 in New York, NY
Seeking dancers for GroundWorks DanceTheater Company, dedicated to the creation of new work in dance. The work often involves live music collaboration. Current repertory includes work by Kate Weare, Rosie Hererra, Robert Moses, Noa Zuk, David Parker, Roni Koresh, Dianne McIntyre, Gina Gibney and Lynne Taylor-Corbett, among others.
- Rehearsals begin June 1. Shows run through August 2, in Raton, New Mexico.
- Auditions: Mar 20, 21 in Chicago, IL
Two Pigs Productions is casting its summer stock season.
- Courses begin October 2015 in London, England.
- Auditions: Mar 21, 22 in New York, NY
Seeking students for undergraduate and postgraduate studies at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, the University of London's drama conservatoire. Student Recruitment Marketing Manager states: "The School will soon be holding international auditions and interviews for its full-time BA and full and part-time MA/MFA courses. Whilst remaining a ...
- "Cymbeline" rehearses May 25-June 12 in Evanston, IL; runs June 13-July 19 in Evanston and Highland Park, IL. 'Hamlet' rehearses June 15-July 23 in Evanston, IL; runs July 25-August 30 in Evanston and Highland Park, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 21, 22 in Evanston, IL
Casting the Shakespeare plays "Cymbeline" and "Hamlet." Project description: "'Cymbeline' is set in Ancient Britain, and based on legends that formed part of the Matter of Britain concerning the early Celtic British King Cunobeline. In 'Hamlet,' the Prince of Denmark returns home to find his father murdered and his mother ...
- Rehearsals begin approx. June 6; runs July 2-18 at Pendragon Theatre in Saranac Lake, NY.
- Auditions: Mar 22 in New York, NY
Casting "Tintypes." Theater states: "This is a tune-filled panorama, a musical melting pot, where the Great American Songbook come to life. It offers snapshots, tintypes, if you will of America in its last Age of Innocence. This Tony-nominated, nostalgic, musical revue takes us back to turn of the century America ...