Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Performances run in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: Mar 22 in St. Louis, MO
Casting "The Diary of Anne Frank" (rehearsals begin Sept. 15; runs Oct. 9-Nov. 2) and "Sight Unseen" (rehearsals begin Feb. 16; runs March 12-29).
- Performances run May 23-June 15 in Wheaton, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 22, 23, 24 in Wheaton, IL
Casting "The Music Man," a musical about a charlatan traveling salesman.
- Runs June 7-Aug. 8 (break June 30-July 5); summer workshop performs Aug. 10.
- Auditions: Mar 23, in Naperville, IL
Seeking dancers for the Von Heidecke Chicago Festival Ballet's 2014 Summer Intensive. Production states: "Von Heidecke’s School of the Chicago Festival Ballet was founded in 1989 in order to offer the highest level of training in classical ballet. The school has produced professional dancers for Lyric Opera Ballet at Chicago’s ...
- Performances run May 23-June 14 in Glen Ellyn, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 23 in Glen Ellyn, IL
Casting "Now, Then, Again," a play by Penny Penniston. Project description: "Set at Fermilab in Batavia, Illinois, this is the story of Ginny and Henry, two scientists who find a future together despite her husband, his neuroses, and their firm belief that there is no such thing as destiny. This ...
- First production of the season starts rehearsal on Aug. 25, 2014, and the season ends June 7, 2015 in Milwaukee, WI.
- Auditions: Mar 24, 25 in Milwaukee, WI
Casting actors/singers for music theater and opera as a part of Skylight Musical Theater's 2014-15 season.
- Report date will be June 7 in Michigan City, Indiana. "Crimes of the Heart" runs June 18-21. "Why Do Fools Fall in Love?" runs June 25-July 5. "Closer Than Ever" runs July 9-12.
- Auditions: Mar 24 in Chicago, IL
Canterbury Summer Theatre is casting its 2014 season, including "Crimes of the Heart," "Why Do Fools Fall in Love?" and "Closer Than Ever."
- Principals begin rehearsals May 27 in L.A.; non-principals begin rehearsals based on city location (Boston June 19, Philadelphia June 26, Washington, D.C. July 3, Charlotte, July 10); performs June 19-22 in L.A., June 26-29 in Boston, MA, July 3-6 in Philadelphia, PA, July 10-13 in Washington, D.C. and July 17-20 in Charlotte, NC. Note: Principals will be flown to L.A. for rehearsal. Non-principals will be cast from each city and will rehearse in city from which they are cast.
- Auditions: Mar 30 in Chicago, IL and Apr 12 in Philadelphia, PA and Apr 13 in Wasington, DC and Apr 5 in Matthews, NC and Mar 31, Apr 1, 2 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Brothers of the Knight," an adaptation of the classic Brothers Grimm tale, "The Twelve Dancing Princesses." "Brothers of the Knight" recounts the adventures of the youthful Knight brothers who, for reasons known only to themselves, leave torn-up shoes by their bed every morning. Forbidden to dance; the boys sneak ...
- Rehearses May-August 2014 (five nights a week, 7-9 p.m.) in Charlotte, NC; opens Aug. 23 in Charlotte, NC and tour Sept.-Oct. to Columbia, SC; Atlanta, GA; Greensboro, NC; Raleigh, NC.
- Auditions: Mar 30 in Concord, NC
Casting "Six Ways to Love" a Broadway-style musical involving the relationships of six couples. Characters will dance and sing their way through the turmoil and expectations of love, dating, and relationships. Each couple is at a different stage of their relationship or soon-to-be relationship and each has their own thoughts ...