Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses Nov. 5; runs Nov. 18-Dec. 23 in Oakbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Oakbrook, IL
Casting "A Christmas Carol," a play.
- Rehearsals take place Downriver; runs late fall 2015 at the Burton Theater in Midtown Detroit, MI.
- Auditions: Sep 9 in Wyandotte, MI
Casting "How to Divorce Your Mother-in-Law," an intimate stage couple comedy. Synopsis: When Keller and Katy wake up this morning, they don't know it, but it's the last day of their marriage in this off-beat quirky two-act comedy with a serious ending.
- Contracts run in Osaka, Japan.
- Auditions: Sep 9, 10, 11 in New York City, NY and Sep 14, 15 in Orlando, FL and Sep 18, 19 in Chicago, IL and Sep 22, 23 in Las Vegas, NV and Sep 26, 27 in Hollywood, CA and Sep 30, Oct 1 in Salt Lake City, UT
Seeking passionate performers to entertain and enchant guests. Incredible opportunities await talented entertainers in the exciting and colorful city of Osaka. Every role, every character, everyday, is a new opportunity to let your talent and passion to entertain shine!
- Currently casting replacement and standby positions for the cast. Schedule depends upon possible openings. Contracts run until May 1, 2016, with possible renewal for next season.
- Auditions: Sep 11 in Chicago, IL
Seeking replacement performers/actors for Feld Entertainment's live, touring, arena stunt spectacular, "Marvel Universe Live!" This show features dozens of the beloved Marvel heroes and villains in non-stop action. Of particular interest are performers with a strong background in either stunts or theatrical fighting. Additional desirable skills include: gymnastics, acrobatics, tricking, ...
- Rehearses June 20-30, 2016 (must arrive June 19; rehearsals begin June 20 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs July 1 & 2 (7 p.m.); depart July 3. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Sep 12 in Nashville, TN and Oct 3 in New York, NY and Nov 14 in Houston, TX and Dec 4 in Toledo, OH and Dec 5 in Detroit, MI and Dec 6 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Fiddler on the Roof," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are ...
- Rehearsals will begin mid-October (most rehearsals will be held on Tues., Thurs., and Fri. evenings, with some rehearsals on Sat. mornings and afternoons; not everyone will be called to every rehearsal). There will be a full week break for Thanksgiving. Tech rehearsals begin Nov. 30. Performs Dec. 11, 12, 18, & 19 (evenings). All performances held in the new state-of-the-art auditorium at Community Christian Church (The Yellow Box), 1635 Emerson Ln., Naperville, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 12, 13 in Naperville, IL
Casting "Let it Be Christmas," a rock-opera Nativity Story, telling "the greatest story of all time, with the greatest music of all time." Synopsis: Follow Joseph and Mary down the "Long and Winding Road" to Bethlehem as they bring this "Beautiful Boy" into the world to offer salvation to all ...
- Performances run year-round in the Cincinnati area.
- Auditions: Sep 14 in Cincinnati, OH
Seeking actors/improvisers for The Murder Mystery Company, which has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the US. Company states: "Shows run year round with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically to give our repeat customers something ...
- "A Christmas Carol" rehearsals begin October 12; runs November 20-December 20. "The Trial of Abraham" rehearsals begin January 4, 2016; runs February 12-March 20, 2016. All shows in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 14, 16, 17 in Chicago, IL
Quest Theatre Ensemble is casting its upcoming season, including "A Christmas Carol," and the play "The Trial of Abraham." Project description: "'A Christmas Carol' is the classic Broadway musical based on the Charles Dickens' classic novel. ‘The Trial of Abraham' is a powerful courtroom drama that tackles the complicated and ...
- Performances run December 4-13, in Chicago Heights, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 16, 17 in Chicago Heights, IL
Casting "Heaven Can Wait," a musical. Project description: "Boxer Joe Pendleton, flying to his next fight, crashes and is sent to the Hereafter…sixty years too soon! To make matters worse, before the matter can be rectified by heavenly supervisor Mr. Jordan, his body is cremated. Instead, Joe is given the ...
- Rehearses Sept. 23-Nov. 5 (Mon.-Thurs., 7-10 p.m., until Oct. 12, when rehearsals run Mon.-Fri., 7-10 p.m.) at The Unity Community Center, 1212 W. Balmoral, Chicago, IL; runs Nov. 6-Dec. 20 at The Royal George Theatre, Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 16 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Animal Acts!: An Animal Burlesque on the State of the Human Condition," a musical. Synopsis: "Animal Acts!" features ten twisted animals who have come with a message from on high about how humans treat themselves and the other inhabitants of this "One World." This is a world premier of ...
- Shoots this November in Venice.
- Auditions: Sep 18, 25, Oct 2 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting an independent & improv-based comedy show featuring "slice of life" sketches, witty story lines and insightful variety segments.
- Runs Nov. 5-Dec. 27 in Detroit, MI.
- Auditions: Sep 21, 22 in Detroit, MI
Seeking male and female actors for the upcoming production of "Herb the Green Knight," a play.