Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 2; runs Oct. 22, 2014-Jan. 4, 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 5 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The King and I."
- Rehearsals begin October 2 in Lincolnshire, IL. Shows October 22-January 4.
- Auditions: May 5, 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The King and I," a musical. Project description: "Musical about a widow who accepts a job as a live-in governess of the King of Siam's children."
- Performances run August 1-10 in Chicago Heights, IL.
- Auditions: May 7, 10 in Chicago Heights, IL
Casting "Reefer Madness," a musical. Project description: "A campy, musical is based on the 1936 'propaganda' cult movie classic of the same title. Young Jimmy Harper finds his life of promise turn into a life of debauchery and murder thanks to the new drug menace - marijuana. Along the way ...
- Rehearsals begin early July. Show runs August 14-23 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 9, 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Bachelorette," a play. Project description: "Three friends are asked to be bridesmaids at a wedding of a woman they used to ridicule back in high school."
- Rehearses May 18, 25, & June 1; shoots June 4-6 & July 12 in Liberty Township, West Chester, OH.
- Auditions: May 10 in West Chester, OH
Casting for Dunlop Productions Kid's music video. Casting director states: "Opportunity for experience/exposure for reels."
- Rehearsals begin June 16 in Lake Forest, IL.
- Auditions: May 10 in Lake Forest, IL
Casting "A Midsummer Night's Dream," a play. Project description: "Lovers lives are complicated by city law, feuding faerie royalty, and...love."
- Rehearses evenings & weekends, May 20-June 12. Performances run Saturdays at 11 p.m. in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Drink! The Sketch Comedy Drinking Game," a comedy sketch show. Project description: "This audience favorite has been selling out and drunkening many a grateful audience every Saturday at 11 p.m. The new round begins June 14th, and features sketches based on classic 90's tropes and sitcoms."
- Rehearses May 18-July 24 (3-4 days per week); performs July 25-27 in University Park, IL.
- Auditions: May 12, 13 in University Park, IL
The Southland Area Theatre Ensemble is casting "In The Heights."
- Rehearsals begin September 15. Performances run October 6-28 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 12 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Capriccio," an opera by Richard Strauss. Project description: "This revival production will be conducted by Sir Andrew Davis and staged by Peter McClintock; Val Caniparoli is the choreographer and August Tye is the ballet mistress."
- "Sweeney Todd," rehearsals begin September 2, shows October 3-November 9 in Chicago, IL. "Bells are Ringing," rehearsals begin October 20. Shows begin October 29. "Sondheim on Sondheim," rehearsals begin January 5. Shows February 6-March 15. "City of Angels," rehearsals begin February 23. Shows begin March. "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum," rehearsals begin March 16. Shows April 17-May 24. "Mack and Mabel," rehearsals begin May 4. Shows begin May 13.
- Auditions: May 12 in Chicago, IL and May 26 in Chicago, IL
Casting 2014/15 season auditions.
- Rehearses June 2-July 16; runs July 17-Aug. 10 in Elm Grove, WI.
- Auditions: May 12, 13 in Elm Grove, WI
Casting "Gypsy," a musical. Project description: "Based on the Broadway hit about the life and times of burlesque dancer Gypsy Rose Lee and her aggressive stage mother, Mama Rose."
- Performances run August 18-November 2 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 17, 18 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Owners," a playby Caryl Churchill. Project description: "Her husband wants her dead, but Marion's too busy to notice. The North London real estate market is booming, and she's out to make a killing. Her loyal young protege - a would-be suicide who can't quite seal the deal - is ...
- Rehearsals begin in January 2015. Performances begin February 19, 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 18 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Glass Protege," the American premiere of a play by Dylan Costello. Project description: "Set in Hollywood in 1949, during the era of stifling movie production restraints and stars kept under oppressive control by their bosses, young British actor Patrick Glass feels the full force of the studios' brute ...
- Cruise contracts available.
- Auditions: May 26, 27 in Las Vegas, NV
Casting for cruise ship entertainers for a line with offices in Norway and the UK, as well as partner companies in Sweden, Bulgaria, USA, China, and Russia. They offer a global service to anyone that requires entertainment or entertainment related services. For more info, visit www.idea.no
- Training runs June 9-29; three-week China tour takes place July 2014; final runway show will he held Aug. 23 at Terminal 5, 610 W. 56th St., NYC.
- Auditions: May 31, Jun 1 in New York, NY
The Chinese American Model Competition (CA Model) is searching for models of Chinese heritage with talents and potential in the world of modeling and entertainment. Organizer states: "CA Model will be a showcase of local, national, and international designers and brands. This annual competition will choose 15 girls, who will ...
- Performances run July 25, 26, 27, and 31, and August 1-2, in Lake Forest, IL.
- Auditions: May 31, Jun 1 in Lake Forest, IL
Casting "Damn Yankees," a musical. Project description: "Joe, a middle-aged baseball fan who pays more attention to the travails of his hapless Washington Senators than to his own wife, meets the mysterious Mr. Applegate, who offers Joe the chance of a lifetime. Soon his entire world is turned upside-down as ...