Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots TBD in Boca Raton, FL.
- Auditions: Oct 24 in Boca Raton, FL
Seeking participants for a production company that is interested in developing shows with older characters. Producer's Note: "Are you or anyone you know an outgoing senior citizen living in south Florida? Do you not let growing older stop you from living an amazing lifestyle? Do you consider yourself a Glammy? ...
- Season runs Jan.-Oct. 2016 in Clarksville, TN.
- Auditions: Oct 26, 27 in New York, NY
Seeking performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds for Roxy Regional Theatre's 33rd season. Productions include: "Blues in the Night," "The Mountaintop," "The Cat in the Hat," "Taming of the Shrew," "The Magnificent Ambersons" (world premiere), Green Day's "American Idiot," "Awesome '80s Prom," "Smokey Joe's Cafe," and "Million Dollar Quartet."
- Runs January 15-February 7, 2016, in St. Charles, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 26, 28 in St. Charles, IL
Casting "Yankee Tavern," a play. Project description: " a modern thriller taking place in an about-to be condemned turn of the century Tavern in 2006 where four characters are dragged into the intrigues of conspiracy theories."
- Rehearses June 20-30, 2016 (must arrive June 19; rehearsals begin June 20 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs July 1 & 2 (7 p.m.); depart July 3. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Nov 14 in Houston, TX and Dec 4 in Toledo, OH and Dec 5 in Detroit, MI and Dec 6 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Fiddler on the Roof," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are ...
- Rehearsals begin in January 2016, and will take place on varying days Monday-Friday 7-10 p.m. and Saturdays 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Commitment will be two- to four rehearsals per week. Performances run March 11-20, 2016, in the Performing Arts Center at Harper College, 1200 West Algonquin Road, in Palatine, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 3, 4 in Palatine, IL
Cast "The Tempest," a play. Project description: "Adapted for the stage and directed by Laura Pulio Colbert, with original music by Steve Goers, this non-traditional adaptation of William Shakespeare’s 'The Tempest' will incorporate music and movement. Dancers, gymnasts/tumblers, and singers are encouraged to audition."
- Rehearses October-November 2016 for "South Pacific" and February-March 2017 for "Madama Butterfly;" runs November 2016 for "South Pacific," February-March 2017 for "Madama Butterfly," and December 2016 for an aria concert in Annapolis, MD.
- Auditions: Jan 8, 9 in Philadelphia, PA and Jan 14, 15 in Annapolis, MD
Casting the 2016-17 season of the Annapolis Opera, to include a fully-staged production of Rogers and Hammerstein’s "South Pacific," Puccini’s "Madama Butterfly," and an aria concert.