Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 2; runs Oct. 22, 2014-Jan. 4, 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 5 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The King and I."
- Performances run August 1-10 in Chicago Heights, IL.
- Auditions: May 7, 10 in Chicago Heights, IL
Casting "Reefer Madness," a musical. Project description: "A campy, musical is based on the 1936 'propaganda' cult movie classic of the same title. Young Jimmy Harper finds his life of promise turn into a life of debauchery and murder thanks to the new drug menace - marijuana. Along the way ...
- Rehearses May 18-July 24 (3-4 days per week); performs July 25-27 in University Park, IL.
- Auditions: May 12, 13 in University Park, IL
The Southland Area Theatre Ensemble is casting "In The Heights."
- Rehearsals begin September 15. Performances run October 6-28 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 12 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Capriccio," an opera by Richard Strauss. Project description: "This revival production will be conducted by Sir Andrew Davis and staged by Peter McClintock; Val Caniparoli is the choreographer and August Tye is the ballet mistress."
- Rehearses June 2-July 16; runs July 17-Aug. 10 in Elm Grove, WI.
- Auditions: May 12, 13 in Elm Grove, WI
Casting "Gypsy," a musical. Project description: "Based on the Broadway hit about the life and times of burlesque dancer Gypsy Rose Lee and her aggressive stage mother, Mama Rose."
- Performances run August 18-November 2 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 17, 18 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Owners," a playby Caryl Churchill. Project description: "Her husband wants her dead, but Marion's too busy to notice. The North London real estate market is booming, and she's out to make a killing. Her loyal young protege - a would-be suicide who can't quite seal the deal - is ...
- Rehearsals begin in January 2015. Performances begin February 19, 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 18 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Glass Protege," the American premiere of a play by Dylan Costello. Project description: "Set in Hollywood in 1949, during the era of stifling movie production restraints and stars kept under oppressive control by their bosses, young British actor Patrick Glass feels the full force of the studios' brute ...
- Cruise contracts available.
- Auditions: May 26, 27 in Las Vegas, NV
Casting for cruise ship entertainers for a line with offices in Norway and the UK, as well as partner companies in Sweden, Bulgaria, USA, China, and Russia. They offer a global service to anyone that requires entertainment or entertainment related services. For more info, visit www.idea.no