Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin May 3, 2016; runs Jun. 1-26, 2016 at Forest Park in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: Dec 4, 5 in Webster Groves, MO
Casting "A Midsummer Night's Dream," for the Shakespeare Festival St. Louis.
- Shoot date(s) TBD in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 5 in New York, NY
Casting "Royalty," a new dramatic and suspenseful web series about a young boy overcoming obstacles, struggling with identity, and standing up for his beliefs against the odds as he journeys through manhood.
- "Earnest" rehearsals begin April 22, 2016. Performs through July 31, 2016. "Heiress" rehearsals begin August 18, 2016. Performs through October 23, 2016. All performances in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 5 in Chicago, IL
Dear Writers Theatre Collective is casting its 2016 season, including the plays "The Importance of Being Earnest" and "The Heiress."
- Rehearsals begin early January, 2016. Performances run March 3-6, 2016, in Lake Forest, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 6, 7, 9, 10 in Lake Forest, IL
Casting "Death of a Salesman," a play. Project description: "Willy Loman is an over-the-hill salesman who faces a personal turning point when he loses his job and attempts to make peace with his family: Willy's long-suffering wife Linda, and Biff and Happy, his troubled sons and his life."
- Rehearses three times/week, evenings & weekends, for eight weeks. Performances run February 19-21, 2016 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 6, 8 in Oak Lawn, IL
Casting "My Home, My Heart, My Ireland," a musical. Project description: "There's lots of fun and loads of heart as a group of American tourists mingles with the eccentric locals. The setting is a small Irish village pub and bed & breakfast. There are memorable characters with a special appearance ...
- Rehearsals begin in March 2016 at Madisonville Recreation Center, 5320 Stewart Ave., Cincinnati, OH; runs May 13-22 at The Carnegie, 1028 Scott Blvd., Covington, KY.
- Auditions: Dec 6, 7 in Cincinnati, OH
Casting "Catch Me If You Can," the musical. Synopsis; Based on the hit film staring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks and an incredible true story, "Catch Me If You Can" is the high-flying musical comedy about chasing your dreams and not getting caught. Nominated for four Tony awards, including Best ...
- Rehearsals begin July 19, 2016; runs Aug. 18-28 in the Notre Dame Shakespeare Festival at the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center at Notre Dame.
- Auditions: Dec 7 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Tempest."
- Rehearsals begin the first week of January 2016. The play opens February 26, 2016, and runs for two weekends, in West Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 7, 8, 11 in West Chicago, IL
Casting "The Glass Menagerie," a play. Project description: "A drama set in the late 1930's. Tennessee Williams's first popular success – about a family whose lives form a triangle of quiet desperation.”
- Rehearsals begin June 14, 2016; runs July 8-31 with a possible extension through Aug. 6 in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: Dec 7 in St. Louis, MO
Seeking submissions for one female actor/singer in "Grey Gardens."
- Rehearses evenings & weekends, beginning January 2016, in Arlington Heights, IL. Performs February 11-14 & 18-21.
- Auditions: Dec 7, 8 in Arlington Heights, IL
Casting Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream," a play. Producers state: "The Theater Lab, a District 214 Community Education program, is proud to announce open auditions for its first production."
- Shows February 26-28 & March 3-6, 2016, in Chicago Heights, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 7, 8 in Chicago Heights, IL
Casting "Bleacher Bums," a play. Project description: "In the bleachers at Chicago's Wrigley Field, die hard Cub fans root for their team. As the game proceeds they bet among themselves, go out for beers, try to pick up a bathing beauty and occasionally watch the game."