Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses and performs in Rockford, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 7 in Rockford, IL
Casting the Artists' Ensemble's upcoming season. Season includes "The Spitfire Grill," (Rehearses May 12-June 11; runs June 12-28); "Jeeves at Sea" (Margaret Raether, writer. Runs Sept. 11-27); "Outside Mullingar" (John Patrick Shanley, writer. Runs Mar. 4-20, 2016); "Visiting Mr. Green" (Jeff Baron, writer. Runs May 6–22, 2016); and "Women Who ...
- Shoots February-April in the Greater Chicago area and Dyer, IN.
- Auditions: Feb 7 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Chase," a dramatic cop web series that follows the journey of a young Chicago detective, Johnathan Chase, as he tries to take down his father’s killer. His father (Lawrence Chase), a highly decorated officer on the Chicago Police Department, was gunned down by the Manzano family, who are part ...
- Rehearsals begin February 2015 at ART Live Studio, north of Chicago; runs in May at Urban Edge in Waukegan, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 9, 10 in Waukegan, IL
Casting "Three Trinity," premiere by Emmy nominated and Gracie award winning writer-prod. Richard A. Roberts. Synopsis: A dysfunctional family presides over a millennial meeting to determine the post-apocalyptic fate of humanity. With corporeal spirits on trial, all hell breaks loose.
- Shows run May 1-10 in River Grove, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 10, 11, 12, 14 in River Grove, IL
Casting "Lend Me a Tenor," a comedy. Project description: "Set in 1934, the general manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera Company is primed to welcome world famous Tito Morelli, the greatest tenor of his generation, to appear for one night only as Otello. Through a hilarious series of mishaps, the ...
- Summer contract runs May 30-August 23. Fall contract runs August 17-September 27.
- Auditions: Feb 13, 14, 15 in Chicago, IL
Rocky Mountain Repertory Theater is casting its 2015 summer and fall season. Project description: "Summer season includes '42nd Street,' 'The Addams Family,' and 'All Shook Up.' Fall shows include 'Forever Plaid.'"
- Shows run April 2-4 & 9-11 in Chicago, IL. Each play will have approximately five rehearsals in February-March, scheduled to accommodate each director and set of actors. Each actor may be cast in two plays. Must be available for tech rehearsals between March 28 and April 1.
- Auditions: Feb 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Master Works: The Intuit Plays." Project description: "This production is made up of six short plays based on the works of art from Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art's permanent collection. Six playwrights, six works of art, six new plays."
- Season rehearsals begin June 1; season closes Aug. 23 in Grand Lake, CO.
- Auditions: Feb 16 in Chicago, IL
Seeking singer/actors for Rocky Mountain Repertory Theatre's Summer Season. Season includes "42nd Street"; "Addams Family"; and "All Shook Up."
- Shows run May 1-3, in Chicago Heights, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 16, 17 in Chicago Heights, IL
Casting "Hairspray," a musical. Project description: "It's 1962, and Tracy Turnblad, a big girl with big hair and even a bigger heart, is transformed into a teen celebrity on the local TV dance program, The Corny Collins Show. Can she win the love of heartthrob Link Larkin and integrate the ...
- All rehearsals and performances at Madison Street Theatre in Oak Park, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 22 in Chicago, IL
Casting Surging Films & Theatrics 2015 Season. Season includes: "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee," a musical (Rehearsals begin Mar. 14; tech week begins Apr. 27; runs Apr. 30-May 3); "Hairspray," a musical (Rehearsals begin week of Jun 1; tech week begins Jul. 20; runs Jul. 23-26); "The Sparrow," ...
- Season runs June 3 through Aug. 18 in the Catskill Mountains, NY.
- Auditions: Feb 23, 24 in New York, NY and Feb 27, 28 in Chicago, IL and Mar 5, 6, 7 in Chattanooga, TN
Seeking crew/camp counselors for the 2015 season at Stagedoor Manor, a performing arts camp for ages 10-18, in NY’s Catskill Mountains. Director states: "Our program is for youth interested in exposure to the theater, in a summer stock style setting. We hire professionals to create the worlds of their shows ...