Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses weeknights beginning November 19. No rehearsals on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years Day. Show runs April 11-12, in Chicago, IL. Rehearsals will be held in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago.
- Auditions: Nov 9, 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Broadway Debut," a play.
- Rehearses weeknights, December 1-18, 2014 and January 5-February 5, 2015. Runs February 13-22, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 10, 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Tragedy of Lear," a play. Project description: "A fully gender-swapped adaptation of Shakespeare's 'King Lear,' exploring jealousy, loyalty, dementia, violence, and gender representation in 'classical' theater.
- Shoots in Norway.
- Auditions: Nov 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Great Norway Adventure," Norway's #1 reality TV show. Project description: "The series follows 12 Norwegian-Americans who fly to Norway and immerse themselves in the culture and compete in a series of adventurous and fun challenges."
- Shows are ongoing in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting for "Blue Man Group," a theatrical performance. Project description: "Best known for multimedia performances that feature three bald and blue characters, 'Blue Man Group' is theater, ritual, performance art, comedy, rock music and dance party all rolled into one."
- Arrive in Kilgore, Texas May 15, 2015. Rehearsals begin May 17, 2015, for a ten-week commitment. Shows open June 25-28, 2015.
- Auditions: Nov 12, 13, 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting the Texas Shakespeare Festival. Shows include the musical "Man of La Mancha," and the plays "A Midsummer Night's Dream," "The Nerd," and "Twelfth Night."
- Rehearsals begin December. Runs February 14-March 15, 2015, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 14, 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Baby with the Bathwater," a play. Project description: "Helen and John, unprepared for parenthood, can’t seem to name the baby. John says it’s a boy, Helen says they can decide later. Follow John, Helen, and Daisy – a polite, confused young man - through his years of therapy."
- Performances run March 13-15 & 20-22, 2015, in Deerfield, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 10, 13 in Deerfield, IL
Casting the play, "Barefoot in the Park," a comedy. Project description: "Newlyweds Corie and Paul begin married life in a tiny 5th floor walkup apartment in a mid-Manhattan brownstone. Paul is a strait-laced attorney, while Corie is a far more spontaneous free spirit. The young couple must contend with a ...
- Runs Mar. 13-14, 2015 in NYC and Apr. 18 in Rochester, NY.
- Auditions: Jan 24 in New York, NY
Seeking singer/actors for the 2015 Lotte Lenya Competition, a program of The Kurt Weill Foundation for Music and an international theater singing contest that emphasizes wide-ranging repertoire and the acting of songs and arias within a dramatic context. The competition recognizes young singer/actors in repertoire ranging from opera/operetta to contemporary ...
- Annual renewable contracts begin Aug. 1, 2015 and end July 31, 2016. Relocation to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN) necessary for the position.
- Auditions: Feb 20 in Minneapolis, MN
Seeking tenors, baritones, and basses for the 2015-16 season of Cantus, "the nation’s only full-time artist-led vocal ensemble." Company states: " Cantus is an internationally-touring ensemble based in arts-rich Twin Cities, performing 70+ concerts and 30+ outreach activities each season. Repertoire spans all periods and genres. Represented by Alliance Artist ...