Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 29; runs Oct. 22-Nov. 16 in Bloomfield, MI.
- Auditions: Sep 9 in W. Bloomfield, MI
Casting "Enter Laughing," a play.
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 12; runs Jan. 28-March 29, 2015 in Lincolnshire, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 11 in Buffalo Grove, IL
Casting "La Cage Aux Folles."
- Shoots nationwide.
- Auditions: Sep 13 in San Diego, CA and Sep 13 in San Francisco, CA and Oct 4 in Miami, FL and Sep 27 in Atlanta, GA and Oct 11 in Chicago, IL and Oct 4 in New York City, NY and Oct 11 in Memphis, TN
Casting "MasterChef," a reality TV show where amateur/home cooks compete for $250,000 and a cook book deal.
- Rehearses evenings and one weekday, beginning March 3, 2015. Runs April 17-May 10, 2015, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 13 in Waukegan, IL
Casting the play "Constant State of Panic," a darkly comedic love story about two people trying to stay together, despite the insanity of the world around them. Project description: "The story of a man afraid of everything, and a woman afraid of nothing other than losing her husband."
- Weekday performance availability and a flexible work schedule is required for all shows.
- Auditions: Sep 14, 15 in Chicago, IL
GreatWorks is casting for its upcoming roster of thirteen touring productions for grade school and middle school audiences, including "The BFG," a modern adaptation of "A Christmas Carol," a new adaptation of Homer's "The Odyssey," "Fractured Fairy Tales," and an improv-style history of America called, "50 States in 60 Minutes."
- Runs in Munster, IN.
- Auditions: Sep 15, in Munster, IN
Seeking actors/dancers/singers for Theater at the Center's 2015 Season, including "On Golden Pond," "Big Fish," "All Shook Up," Monty Python's Spamalot," and "A Christmas Story."
- Rehearses Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov. 4, 11, 18, 25, and Dec. 2 & 9 (4:15-6:15 p.m.) at Visceral Dance Center, 2820 N. Elston Ave., Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 16 in Chicago, IL
Seeking participants for Studio Stars, an advanced individualized musical theater experience. This is a pre-professional training program for fifth through eighth graders. This advanced workshop will focus on the key elements of musical theater: acting, dancing, and singing. Producer states: "Studio Stars is where students will experience intense audition training ...
- Rehearses June 14-21 (must arrive June 14; rehearsals begin June 15 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs June 26 & 27 (7 p.m.); depart June 28. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Sep 20 in New York, NY and Sep 27 in Nashville, TN and Oct 25 in Redding, CA and Dec 6 in Toledo, OH and Dec 7 in Detroit, MI and Dec 8 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Annie," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are also additional performing ...
- Shows run November 14-December 7 in Wheaton, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 20, 21, 22 in Wheaton, IL
Casting "The Secret Garden," a play. Project description: In his rambling manor house in 1906 England, widower Archibald Craven yearns for his beautiful wife. He blames his son, Colin, for her death and has isolated and neglected the boy. Young Mary Lennox comes to live with them after her parents’ ...