Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses Sept. 15–Oct. 2 in Greene, NY (outside of Binghamton); performs Oct. 3-19 (Thurs.–Sun.) in Greene, NY.
- Auditions: Aug 12, 13 in New York, NY
Casting two roles for men, one Equity and one non-Equity, in "Mr. Hart and Mr. Brown," the second-ever production of this new play by Bruce Graham, author of "The Outgoing Tide." Synopsis: The play is based loosely on real historical figures and set in Nebraska near the end of the ...
- Rehearses Tuesday-Thursdays, 4:30-6:30 p.m., plus one weekend day, beginning September 30 in Waukegan, IL. Opens November 21. Casting notes: “No performances Thanksgiving weekend. While some conflicts during the rehearsal period are to be expected, actor attendance is required for all of tech week and all performance dates.”
- Auditions: Aug 12 in Waukegan, IL
Casting "Captain Superlative," a play.
- Rehearses and performs 2015 in Osaka, Japan.
- Auditions: Aug 15, 16 in Las Vegas, NV and Aug 19, 20 in Los Angeles, CA and Aug 23, 24 in Chicago, IL and Aug 27, 28 in Orlando, FL and Aug 30, 31 in New York, NY
Universal Studios Japan® is returning to the USA, and looking for excellent talent to join its team in Osaka, Japan in 2015. Casting character actors & hosts, dancers who sing well, singers who move well, and female dancers with technical training.
- Performances run January 16-18 and 23-25, in Edgerton, WI.
- Auditions: Aug 16, 18 in Edgerton, WI
Casting "Les Misérables," a musical. Project description: "In 19th century France, Jean Valjean is released from 19 years of unjust imprisonment, but finds nothing in store for him but mistrust and mistreatment. He breaks his parole in hopes of starting a new life, initiating a life-long struggle for redemption as ...
- Season rehearses and performs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 18 in Chicago, IL
Casting ShawChicago 2014-15 season. Season includes: "Don Juan in Hell" (Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; runs Oct. 18-Nov. 10); "The Importance of Being Earnest" (Rehearsals begin Jan. 26; runs Feb. 7-March 2, 2015); "Major Barbara" (Rehearsals begin April 13; runs April 25-May 18, 2015).
- Rehearses evenings & weekends. Performances run October 10-12 and 16-19, in Chicago Heights, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 18, 19 in Chicago Heights, IL
Casting "A Little Night Music," Stephen Sondheim's musical full of wit and heartcache.
- Rehearsals weekly (Wed. eves.) in Lombard, IL, subject to change following summer months based on member availability. Rehearsal attendance is vital. Shows and events subject to bookings.
- Auditions: Aug 20 in Lombard, IL
Seeking members for a faith-based improv comedy team. Producer states: "We are a Christian improv comedy team that wants to use humor as a way to spread the Good News. We believe in clean, family-friendly comedy safe for all ages. We perform short form improv games (like on 'Whose Line ...
- Rehearses Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, beginning August 29. Show runs November 8-23, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 21, 22, 24 in Franklin Park, IL
Casting "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," a musical about a young bride living in the 1850's Oregon wilderness. Her plan to civilize and marry off her six rowdy brothers-in-law to ensure the success of her own marriage backfires when the brothers, in their enthusiasm, kidnap six women from a neighboring ...
- Rehearsal and production dates & locations vary.
- Auditions: Aug 25, 26 in New Brunswick, NJ
Seeking union and nonunion performers for the New Jersey Theatre Alliance's Combined auditions. Note: Not all Alliance member theaters participate in these auditions and we will not have a confirmed list of participating theaters until about a week before the auditions.
- Performances run September 26-November 1, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 30, 31, Sep 5, 6, 12, 19 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Fear City Chicago." Project description: "Chicago's premiere haunted city announces auditions for its fourth terrifying season. Searching for 100 of Chicagoland's scariest characters."
- Rehearsals begin the fourth week of September and are generally scheduled for two-three evenings/week, Mon.-Fri., based on actor availability; performs Nov. 7, 8, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, and 22 (Thurs. at 7:30 p.m.; Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m.; Sun. at 2 p.m.) in Clarkston, MI.
- Auditions: Sep 7, 8 in Clarkston, MI
Casting "Fool for Love," a dark drama with adult themes by award-winning playwright Sam Shepard. Synopsis: The scene is a stark motel room at the edge of the Mojave Desert. May, a disheveled young woman, sits dejectedly on a rumpled bed while Eddie, a rough-spoken rodeo performer, crouches in a ...
- Season begins in the fall in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 9 in Chicago, IL
Seeking singers for the St. Benedict Chorale. Project description: "The Chorale is an auditioned ensemble with a focus unaccompanied music, specifically Renaissance polyphony and sacred motets. The Chorale performs about once a month in the beautiful and reverberant sanctuary of St. Benedict Catholic Church. In addition to performances, a first ...
- Rehearses June 14-21 (must arrive June 14; rehearsals begin June 15 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs June 26 & 27 (7 p.m.); depart June 28. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Sep 20 in New York, NY and Sep 27 in Nashville, TN and Oct 25 in Redding, CA and Dec 6 in Toledo, OH and Dec 7 in Detroit, MI and Dec 8 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Annie," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are also additional performing ...
- Dates TBD.
- Auditions: Sep 24 in Las Vegas, NV
Seeking circus performers, all floor and aerial disciplines, trampoline and trampwall performers, and original and innovative acts for Cirque du Soleil's current shows and upcoming creations. Founded in 1984, Cirque du Soleil has 20 shows presented simultaneously around the world, more than 5000 employees, 55 nationalities, and 1,300 artists. Cirque ...
- Dates TBD.
- Auditions: Sep 25 in Las Vegas, NV
Seeking parkour, tricking, martial arts, and skipping performers for Cirque du Soleil's current shows and upcoming creations. Founded in 1984, Cirque du Soleil has 20 shows presented simultaneously around the world, more than 5000 employees, 55 nationalities, and 1,300 artists. Cirque du Soleil Casting is offering onstage career opportunities for ...
- Rehearsal and production dates are TBD.
- Auditions: Sep 26 in Las Vegas, NV
Casting athletes for "Cirque du Soleil." Company states: "Founded in 1984, 20 shows presented simultaneously around the world, more than 5000 employees, 55 nationalities and 1,300 artists. Cirque du Soleil Casting is offering onstage career opportunities for athletes, circus performers, clowns, dancers, singers, instrumentalists, physical actors and other talents." Cirque ...
- Shows are ongoing in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting for "Blue Man Group," a theatrical performance. Project description: "Best known for multimedia performances that feature three bald and blue characters, 'Blue Man Group' is theater, ritual, performance art, comedy, rock music and dance party all rolled into one."