Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Season runs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 6, 12 in Chicago, IL
Casting the 2015-16 Season for TimeLine Theatre Company. Season includes: "Sunset Baby" (Dominquie Morisseau, writer; Ron O.J. Parsons, dir. Rehearsals begin Dec. 7, 2015; previews begin Jan. 12, 2016; runs Jan. 22-Apr. 10, 2016); and "Chimerica" (Lucy Kirkwood, writer. Rehearsals begin Mar. 29, 2016; previews begin May 3; runs May ...
- Rehearses Oct. 25-Nov. 1; runs Nov. 25, 2015-Jan. 3, 2016 in Aurora, IL.
- Auditions: May 7, 8, in Chicago, IL
Casting strong actors, singers, and dancers of all genders, ethnicities, and types for "A Christmas Story: the Musical."
- Rehearsals June-July; touring in Ireland, Canada, and the U.S. through 2016 and beyond.
- Auditions: May 9, 10 in Chicago, IL and May 11, 12, 13 in New York, NY
Casting "Riverdance," the international dance-show phenomenon is holding auditions for strong African American male tap dancers and singers who can tap for its upcoming international tours.
- Rehearsals begin late June at the Diavolo Space in L.A.; tour starts this September. Company states: "Diavolo offers approximately 25-30 weeks of work for the season, including 6-10 weeks of rehearsal."
- Auditions: May 9 in Denver, CO and May 23 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting touring company members for the new season of "Architecture in Motion." Company states: 'Working environment is physically demanding and team-oriented. Opportunity to collaboratively choreograph new works in Diavolo’s style of 'Architecture in Motion' under the direction of founding Artistic Director Jacques Heim (choreography credits include Cirque du Soleil and ...
- Rehearsals begin August 2, 2015, in Chicago, IL. Opening last week of September 2015.
- Auditions: May 9, 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Blood Brothers," a musical. Project description: "Willy Russell's ballad opera about the ill-fated reunion of two siblings."
- Season runs in Aurora, IL.
- Auditions: May 9, in Chicago, IL
Casting Paramount Theatre's 2015-16 Season. Season includes "A Christmas Story: The Musical" (Nick Bowling, dir.; Trent Stork, asst. dir.; Rhett Guter, choreo. Rehearses Oct. 25-Nov. 1; runs Nov. 25-Jan. 3); "Hairspray" (Amber Mak, dir.; Ericka Mac, asst. dir.-choreo. Rehearsals begin Dec. 28; runs Jan. 20-Feb. 21).
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; runs Oct. 23-25 in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: May 9 in St. Louis, MO
Casting "Mary Poppins."
- Rehearsals begin September 8. Performs October 22-November 29, with a possible one-week extension. Weekday and weekend matinee performances are required.
- Auditions: May 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Mr. Popper's Penguins," a musical for children. Project description: "Set in the small town of Stillwater in the 1930's, the Popper family unexpectedly comes into possession of a penguin, Captain Cook. The Poppers then receive a female penguin from the zoo, who mates with Captain Cook to have 10 ...
- Season runs in Rochester, MI.
- Auditions: May 11, Jun 1 in Rochester, MI
Casting Meadow Brook Theatre's 50th Anniversary Season. Season includes "The Explorers Club" (Rehearsals begin Sept. 15; run ends Nov. 1); "A Christmas Carol" (Rehearsals begin Oct. 27; run ends Dec. 25); "Legends!" (Rehearsals begin Dec. 15; run ends Jan. 31); "Atomic" (Rehearsals begin Jan. 19; run ends Mar. 6); "Calendar ...
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 2; runs Dec. 4-20, 2015 in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: May 11, 12, 13 in St. Louis, MO
Casting "Sublime Intimacy," a play with dance which concerns five interconnected people, their love of dance and dancers, and the life experiences that produces.
- Runs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 15 in Chicago, IL
Seeking a stage manager for "In Love and Warcraft," a play.
- Performances run August 2015-June 2016 in the Detroit Metro area. Note: The contract length is variable but is generally between 35-45 weeks with international touring.
- Auditions: May 17 in Chicago, IL
Seeing company members for Eisenhower Dance, a contemporary repertory company based in the Detroit Metropolitan area. Company states: "The company boasts a diverse repertory by nationally-known choreographers. Current repertory includes works by Edgar Zendejas, Ron de Jesus, Gina Patterson, Jamey Hampton, Lauren Edson and artistic director Laurie Eisenhower."
- Runs July 11 at New York's Hotel Pennsylvania, 401 7th Ave. & 33rd St., 18th Fl. Grand Ballroom, New York, NY.
- Auditions: Jul 11 in New York, NY
Seeking models to compete for Plitzs Fashion Marketing's Model of the Year Show.