Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Season runs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 6, 12 in Chicago, IL
Casting the 2015-16 Season for TimeLine Theatre Company. Season includes: "Sunset Baby" (Dominquie Morisseau, writer; Ron O.J. Parsons, dir. Rehearsals begin Dec. 7, 2015; previews begin Jan. 12, 2016; runs Jan. 22-Apr. 10, 2016); and "Chimerica" (Lucy Kirkwood, writer. Rehearsals begin Mar. 29, 2016; previews begin May 3; runs May ...
- Shoots May 16, 23, & 24 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Current," a short science fiction film that explores the effects of isolation in space, through an astronaut who is wracked by guilt over a decision he made. Who makes the decisions if only two people understand the implications? And what if you choose wrong? An astronaut struggles to come ...
- Rehearses Oct. 25-Nov. 1; runs Nov. 25, 2015-Jan. 3, 2016 in Aurora, IL.
- Auditions: May 7, 8, in Chicago, IL
Casting strong actors, singers, and dancers of all genders, ethnicities, and types for "A Christmas Story: the Musical."
- Rehearsals begin May 28. Shows run July 17-August 2, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 8, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "A Mess of Durang," a collection of six Christopher Durang’s short, one-act plays. Project description: "A high-energy, comedic production of 'Naomi in the Living Room,' 'Funeral Parlor,' 'Canker Sores and Other Distractions,' 'The Hardy Boys and the Mystery of where Babies come from,' 'Medea,' and 'Entertaining Mr. Helms.'"
- Rehearsals June-July; touring in Ireland, Canada, and the U.S. through 2016 and beyond.
- Auditions: May 9, 10 in Chicago, IL and May 11, 12, 13 in New York, NY
Casting "Riverdance," the international dance-show phenomenon is holding auditions for strong African American male tap dancers and singers who can tap for its upcoming international tours.
- Performs June 19 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Fight Night: Look Ma! No Hands!", a one-night only stage combat festival. Project description: "A prime-time violent cabaret celebrating the art of stage combat through original storytelling and violence design. NSP is excited to bring 'Fight Night' back to its new home at the Mayne Stage in Rogers Park ...
- Rehearsals begin late June at the Diavolo Space in L.A.; tour starts this September. Company states: "Diavolo offers approximately 25-30 weeks of work for the season, including 6-10 weeks of rehearsal."
- Auditions: May 9 in Denver, CO and May 23 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting touring company members for the new season of "Architecture in Motion." Company states: 'Working environment is physically demanding and team-oriented. Opportunity to collaboratively choreograph new works in Diavolo’s style of 'Architecture in Motion' under the direction of founding Artistic Director Jacques Heim (choreography credits include Cirque du Soleil and ...
- Rehearsals begin August 2, 2015, in Chicago, IL. Opening last week of September 2015.
- Auditions: May 9, 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Blood Brothers," a musical. Project description: "Willy Russell's ballad opera about the ill-fated reunion of two siblings."
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 18; runs Sept. 11-27 in Westfield, IN.
- Auditions: May 9 in Carmel, IN
Casting "The Fantasticks," a musical.
- Shooting May 19-July 10, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting the Spike Lee feature film "Chiraq," starring Samuel L. Jackson & Jeremy Piven. Project description: "A drama centered on the growing violence in Chicago."
- Season runs in Aurora, IL.
- Auditions: May 9, in Chicago, IL
Casting Paramount Theatre's 2015-16 Season. Season includes "A Christmas Story: The Musical" (Nick Bowling, dir.; Trent Stork, asst. dir.; Rhett Guter, choreo. Rehearses Oct. 25-Nov. 1; runs Nov. 25-Jan. 3); "Hairspray" (Amber Mak, dir.; Ericka Mac, asst. dir.-choreo. Rehearsals begin Dec. 28; runs Jan. 20-Feb. 21).
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; runs Oct. 23-25 in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: May 9 in St. Louis, MO
Casting "Mary Poppins."
- Rehearsals begin September 8. Performs October 22-November 29, with a possible one-week extension. Weekday and weekend matinee performances are required.
- Auditions: May 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Mr. Popper's Penguins," a musical for children. Project description: "Set in the small town of Stillwater in the 1930's, the Popper family unexpectedly comes into possession of a penguin, Captain Cook. The Poppers then receive a female penguin from the zoo, who mates with Captain Cook to have 10 ...