Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin on or about Sept. 29; runs on/around Oct. 23, 2015 for a three month run in Chicago.
- Auditions: Jul 1 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Murder Ballad," a play. Note: EPAs have been canceled.
- Rehearsals begin late July, and will be scheduled around actor availability, but will most likely take place four nights/week. Performances run during the Chicago Fringe Festival, September 3-13, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 2, 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Zipped and Pelted," a play.
- Currently shooting in Livonia, MI; remaining scenes will likely be shot in July (one or two weekends)
- Auditions: Jul 2 in Livonia, MI
Casting "Random Karma," a drama about an Iraq war vet who gets mixed up with some mobsters and dirty cops. Seeking two female cast members for roles as mob mistress types--they're bad girls who love the action around bad boys.
- Rehearsals begin in mid-July. Shows run September 4-20, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Yellow Eyes," a play. Project description: "The story of a young woman who walks the streets of the South Bronx at the risk of danger. The only safe place for Isabel is her great grandfather's home. He possesses the knowledge and wisdom that makes her proud of her cultural ...
- Two rehearsals in mid- to late-July (exact dates TBD); shoots Aug. 5-9 (two consecutive days TBD) in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Night Light," a student film for DePaul University. Synopsis: Dave and Rona, after sleeping together several times, make the decision to literally sleep together.
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 31, 2016; runs Mar. 18-May 28 in Chicago, IL. Note: Sean Graney Workshop will be staged by Sean Graney in the spring.
- Auditions: Jul 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Adding Machine: The Musical" based on the play by Elmer Rice with book and lyrics by Joshua Schmidt and Jason Loewith and music by Joshua Schmidt. Also casting a TBD Sean Graney Workshop production.
- Rehearsals will begin July 25 (most rehearsals will be held on weekday evenings with some Sunday afternoons) in the Edgewater neighborhood; performs Sept. 5-Nov. 21 (every Saturday at 11:00 p.m.) at the Greenhouse Theater Center in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 6, 11 in Chicago, IL
Seeking versatile, creative actors of all types for "EL Stories: Heroes," a play for Chicago's hit late-night documentary theater project, uses real-life transit tales to explore diverse experiences, moving through this dynamic city.
- Runs Oct. 18-Dec. 6 in Evanston, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 7, 8 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Life of Galileo" by Bertolt Brecht with translation by Mark Ravenhill. Brecht's powerful play about a scientific discovery that changed the world and the society that was not ready to accept that change. The production will reduce the play to its essential components, using a small group of actorsone ...
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 20; runs Nov. 10-Dec. 27 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 7 in Chicago, IL
Seeking an ensemble/flautist for "A Christmas Carol," a play.
- Performances run October 18-December 7, in Evanston, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 8 in Chicago, IL
Casting "A Life of Galileo," a play. Project description: "Brecht's powerful play about a scientific discovery that changed the world and the society that was not ready to accept that change. The production will reduce the play to its essential components, using a small group of actors: one to play ...
- Rehearsals begin November 2015. Runs in January, 2016 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 8, 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting the 15th and final Sketchbook Festival.
- Season runs May 12-Aug. 2in Winona, MN.
- Auditions: Jul 9, 16, 23 in Winona, MN
Casting Great River Shakespeare Festival's 2016 Summer Season.
- Shoots Fall 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 10, 11, 12 in New York, NY
Seeking human canvases for season 7 of Spike TV's "Ink Master."
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 22; runs Mar. 24-May 1, 2016 (possible extension through May 15, 2016) in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Mosque Alert," a play.
- Runs July 11 at New York's Hotel Pennsylvania, 401 7th Ave. & 33rd St., 18th Fl. Grand Ballroom, New York, NY.
- Auditions: Jul 11 in New York, NY
Seeking models to compete for Plitzs Fashion Marketing's Model of the Year Show.
- October 3-31st Saturdays, Sundays and Columbus Day at 3PM Fridays, October 16 & 23 @ 8PM Saturdays, October 17 & 24 @ 10AM
- Auditions: Jul 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting "In This Final Century," a new work based on HG Wells novel "War of the Worlds" taking place in Chicagoland. Project description: "An interactive performance depicting a present day alien attack on the Chicago suburbs and Chicago. Kayla, records everything on her phone as she tries to reconnect with ...