Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots Aug. 6-9, 15 & 16, 21-23 in downtown Madison, WI.
- Auditions: Aug 1, 2, 3, 4 in Madison, WI
Casting "Graduation Night," a short film that's a slice of life story about the transitionary period of life after college, a time where most 22 year olds are ready for anything but prepared for nothing. It’s graduation night and it’s the last party before everyone goes their own way. The ...
- Auditions to be held July 11-August 15, nationwide.
- Auditions: Aug 1 in San Francisco, CA and Aug 1 in Philadelphia, PA and Aug 4 in Albuquerque, NM and Aug 15 in Baton Rouge, LA
Casting MTV's Real World, a reality TV series. Project description: "Soon you could be sharing your life with millions of viewers on the next season of one of MTV's most popular shows!"
- Runs Oct. 1-31 (Thurs., 8 p.m.; Fri.-Sat., 10 p.m.) at the Public House Theatre in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 1, 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Babysitter Massacre '78" a new musical from the creators of “A Nightmare on Backstreet” and “Bates: An 80’s Musical Psycho Parody.”
- Performances run October 1-31 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 1, 3, 5 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Babysitter Massacre '78," a musical. Project description: "A new musical from the creators of 'A Nightmare on Backstreet' and 'Bates: An 80’s Musical Psycho Parody.'"
- Runs in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 1 in New York, NY
Seeking child models for Plitzs' Fashion Democracy kids' runway show.
- Contest will be held in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 1 in New York City, NY
Seeking petite models 5'0"+ for “Fashion Model of the Year Competition & The Emerging Model of the Year Competition” a fashion modeling contest in NYC. Creative director states: "We believe that a model’s participation in our “Fashion Model of the Year Competition & The Emerging Model of the Year Competition” ...
- Runs in NYC; unpaid assignments begin Sept. 12 with various International and US Domestic Fashion Designers.
- Auditions: Aug 1 in New York, NY
Seeking models for PLITZS' New York City Fashion Week, a showcase platform founded in 2004, working with international and domestic emerging fashion designers to provide showcasing opportunities, brand exposure, and networking. Company states: "PLITZS New York City Fashion Week has created an independent network of international and United States domestic ...
- Shoot dates vary, depending on role. Average number of days required: four days of shooting and one day for dialog looping/dubbing. Shoot will occur every weekend from Aug. 15-Sept. 20. Actors will be given finalized shoot schedule at casting. All shooting will take place within Chicago, IL city limits.
- Auditions: Aug 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Los Hijos de Papa Inocencio," an approximately 30-minute, Spanish-language, telenovela-style short film, with an ensemble cast. Synopsis: A family fights and schemes over who will be buried in a mausoleum built by their grandfather, after they discover that the mausoleum has historical significance. Director states: "This independent, not-for-profit film ...
- Season runs in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: Aug 2, 3 in St. Louis, MO
Seeking a diverse and versatile group of actors for the Shakespeare Festival St. Louis 2015-2016 In the Schools Season. Actors with substantial experience teaching and/or performing for young people are desirable. Season includes "Tales of Shakespeare," (Nancy Bell, writer. Rehearsals begin late August-early September; runs in February); "Hamlet" (Joanna Battles, ...
- Plays in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting ShawChicago's 2015-16 season. Season includes staged readings of "Geneva," (Rehearsals begin Aug. 24; runs Sept. 5-28), "Private Lives," (Rehearsals Nov. 9; runs Nov. 21-Dec. 16), and "You Can Never Tell" (Rehearsals begin Feb. 22, 2016; runs Mar. 5-28, 2016).
- Events are ongoing in Chicago, IL, as well as nationally and internationally.
- Auditions: Aug 3, in Chicago, IL
Redmoon Theater is casting for-hire performers. Project description: "Founded in 1990, Redmoon transforms streets, stages, and architectural landmarks, bridging international, economic, cultural and generational boundaries with a unique brand of Spectacle: a public art form that is equal parts pageantry, gadgetry, puppetry, robust physical performance and visual art. Utilizing this ...
- Rehearses evenings (Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays) Aug. 28-Sept. 20; performs weekend nights Sept. 25-Nov. 1 in Gurnee, IL. Note: There is a preview performance Sept. 24 and Oct. 12 (Columbus Day).
- Auditions: Aug 3, in Gurnee, IL
Casting two Fright Fest Shows for the Halloween Season at Six Flags Great America. "Love at First Fright" is a classic musical starring lots of Halloween Icons doing their best to find a new brain for Frankenstein. This show has high energy singing & dancing with lots of recognizable classic ...
- First production rehearsal begins Oct. 11, 2016; runs Oct. 29-Nov. 20, 2016; second production rehearsal begins Jan. 3; runs Jan. 21-Feb. 12; third production rehearsal begins Feb. 28; runs Mar. 18-Apr. 9 in Madison, WI.
- Auditions: Aug 3, 4 in Madison, WI
Seeking actors for Forward Theater Company's 2016-2017 season.
- Shoots Aug. 23-29 in Kenosha, WI.
- Auditions: Aug 4, 5 in Milwaukee, WI
Casting Frozen Stage Film's short film "My Father Has a Choice" in conjunction with Backyard Dream Productions. Producer states: "We are looking for a diverse cast for this film thriller, ranging from many different age groups and ethnicities." James Lead, Male, Age Range: 35 - 45 yrs A father and ...
- Runs Oct. 8-10, 15-17, and 22-24 in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Auditions: Aug 8, 9 in Grand Rapids, MI
Casting "Heathers: The Musical," the rock musical with music, lyrics, and a book by Laurence O'Keefe and Kevin Murphy, based on the 1988 cult film "Heathers." Seeking 18 men and women, ages 17-50, of all ethnicities.
- Rehearsals begin in August. Runs October 23-25, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 10, 11, 12 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Xanadu," a musical. Project description: "The story of a girl who makes dreams come true."