Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Move-in, May 30; rehearsals begin May 31; runs in repertory through Aug. 14 with a possible extension to Aug. 21 in Jackson, MI.
- Auditions: Feb 6 in Detroit, MI
Casting the Michigan Shakespeare Festival's 2016 season. Season includes Shakespeare's "As You Like It" (Robert Kauzlaric, dir. Previews begin July 7) "Richard II" (Janice L Blixt, dir. Previews begin July 9) and "The Killer Angels" (Karen Tarjan, writer; based on the novel by Michael Shaara; Janice L Blixt; dir. Previews ...
- Season runs in Rockford, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 6 in Rockford, IL and Feb 8 in Chicago, IL
Casting the 2016-17 Season for Artists' Ensemble. Season includes: "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike" (Christopher Durang, playwright. Rehearsals begin Aug. 9; runs Sept. 9-25); "Talley's Folly" (Lanford Wilson, playwright. Rehearsals begin Nov. 1; runs Dec. 2-18); and two TBA productions (one begins rehearsals Feb. 7 and runs March ...
- Festival runs in Richmond, IN.
- Auditions: Feb 6, 7 in Richond, IN
Casting the 2016 Richmond Shakespeare Festival. Season includes: "The Comedy of Errors" (Patrick Flick, artistic dir. Rehearsals begin May 10; runs June 8-26); and "King Lear" (Lynne Perkins-Socey, dir. Rehearsals begin May 10; runs June 8-26).
- Programs are based in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Auditions: Feb 6, 8, 9, 10, 11 in Chicago, IL and Feb 8, 9, 10, 11 in Chicago, IL
Seeking participants for entry to the BA Acting, BA Musical Theater, MA Classical and Contemporary Text (Acting and Directing), and MA Musical Theater (Performance and Musical Directing) degree programs at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. Coordinator states: "The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland is a national and international center of excellence ...
- Course to commence this September in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Auditions: Feb 6 in Chicago, IL
Seeking students for The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland's MA Classical and Contemporary Text (Directing) program. Company states: "The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland is a national and international center of excellence for performing arts education. It is one of the world's most multi-disciplinary conservatoires, offering specialized and intensive teaching in dance, ...
- Stone Soup tours through the Midwest bringing free Shakespeare to parks and libraries. Actors will stay in residency in Carbondale, IL, from April 23-May 22. There will then be shows the first two weekends in June in the Chicago area.
- Auditions: Feb 7 in Chicago, IL
Casting Shakespeare's play, "Comedy of Errors." Project description: "Aegeon of Syracuse has come to Ephesus to seek his son, who went in search of his missing twin and mother months ago. Too bad that Ephesus has just declared war on Syracuse, and will instantly put to death any Syracusean found ...
- Season runs in Webster Groves, MO.
- Auditions: Feb 7 in Webster Groves, MO
Casting the 2016 Season for Insight Theatre Company. Season includes: "Company" (Doug Finlayson, dir.; Katie Kopff, music dir. Rehearsals begin May 29; runs June 17-July 3); "John & Jen" (Trish Brown, dir.; Katie Kopff, music dir. Rehearsals begin June 28; runs July 15-31); and "Inherit the Wind" (Rehearsals begin July ...
- Multiple contract opportunities for up to nine months are available aboard the cruise line ships.
- Auditions: Feb 8 in St. Louis, MO
Seeking a repertory company of principal actors, vocalists, dancers and animated character performers to perform full scale musical theatre shows aboard three ships.
- Season rehearses and performs in Milwaukee, WI.
- Auditions: Feb 8, 9 in Milwaukee, WI
Casting the Skylight Music Theatre's season of musical theatre and operettas. Season includes Gershwin's "Of Thee I Sing" (Runs Sept. 6-Oct. 16); Loesser's "Guys and Dolls" (Runs Oct. 25-Dec. 23); Sater and Sheik's "Spring Awakening" (Runs Feb. 14, 2017-Mar. 26 2017); and Sondheim's "Sweeney Todd" (Runs Apr. 25, 2017-June 11, ...
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 22 in Chicago, IL; spring tour ends May 27. All work is local with the exception of one week in March and three weeks in May when company will be in the Eastern U.S.
- Auditions: Feb 8, 9 in Chicago, IL
Seeking three actors (male and female) to join Child's Play Touring Theatre for their spring tour. Within this group also looking for someone who can play keyboard and improvise musically in the role of Music Director.
- Shoots in mid-late February.
- Auditions: Feb 8, 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Bias of Youth," a short film about a man and a woman attempting to meet at a coffee shop after ten years of distance between them. While waiting, they both reminisce on their past relationship without realizing that the memories they have of their early 20's might not ...
- Rehearsals will be held Sundays through Thursdays (evenings only on weekdays) in March/April, in Chicago, IL. Performances run April 20-May 22, 2016. Regular performances are Thursday-Saturdays at 8 p.m. & Sundays at 3 p.m. at the Greenhouse Theater Center.
- Auditions: Feb 8, 9, 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting "A Midsummer Night's Dream," a play. Project description: "Lovers' lives are complicated by city law, feuding faerie royalty, and... love."
- Rehearses evenings & weekends beginning March 26. Two performances run April 30 at 7:30 p.m. & May 1 at 3 p.m., in Riverside, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 9, 11 in Riverside, IL
Casting "Talking to Strangers," a play. Project description: "Ameena is a young, Muslim having some difficulty fitting into American society. She is also a caregiver to Joan, an aged Alzheimer's patient worth nine million USD, and whose son-in-law, Don, is impatient for her ‘expiration’ and is hoping to cash in. ...
- Classes begin in October 2016 an run in London, England.
- Auditions: Feb 11 in San Francisco, CA and Feb 13, 14 in New York, NY
Seeking students for undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, the University of London's drama conservatoire. Student Recruitment Marketing Manager states: "The School will soon be holding international auditions and interviews for its full-time BA and full- and part-time MA/MFA courses. Whilst remaining ...
- Runs in Oakbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 12, in Oakbrook, IL
Casting "Crazy For You" (Rehearsals begin Oct.13; runs Nov. 3, 2016-Jan. 8, 2017) and "Charlotte's Web" (Rehearsals begin Mar. 28; runs Apr. 13-May 29).
- Rehearsals begin June 6; runs June 17-18 in Madison, WI.
- Auditions: Feb 12, in Chicago, IL
Casting "Gypsy," starring Michele Ragusa.
- All productions rehearse and perform in Grand Lake, CO. The summer repertory company performs in all three shows. The fall company performs only in "Million Dollar Quartet." Summer contract begins June 1st, and ends August 28th. Fall contract begins August 22nd and closes October 2nd.
- Auditions: Feb 12, 13, 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting Rocky Mountain Repertory's 2015 summer season, including the musicals "Little Mermaid," "Rock of Ages," and "Titanic." Fall show is "Million Dollar Quartet."
- Season runs in Macon, MO. Summer contracts begin May 31. Fall contracts: September, October, and November.
- Auditions: Feb 13 in Macon, MO
Casting the Maples Repertory Theatre 2016 Season. Currently casting: "Og Mice and Men" (runs June 24-July 17); "Ring of Fire"; "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" (runs July 15-Aug. 7); and "My Three Angels" (runs Nov. 30-Dec. 7).
- Season runs in Sullivan, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 13 in Sullivan, IL
Casting the 2016 Season for The Little Theatre on the Square. Season includes: "Shrek" (rehearsals begin May 16); "How to Succeed in Business..." (opens June 15); "Chicago" (opens June 29); "All Shook Up" (opens July 13); "Sister Act" (opens July 27); "Shear Madness" (opens Aug. 10).