Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Ongoing in L.A. and NYC depending on work booked.
- Auditions: Apr 18 in Woodland Hills, CA
Seeking non-represented theater talent for M.O. Artist Agency.
- Contestants will travel to remote locations for approximately four weeks.
- Auditions: Apr 18 in San Francisco, CA and Apr 18 in Henderson, NV and May 2 in Greenwich, CT
Seeking participants for "The Amazing Race," the adventure reality series. Casting personnel state: "Have you ever envisioned racing around the world, being put to the ultimate test--never knowing where you’ll go next or what you’ll have to do once you're there? If so, this is the opportunity of a lifetime...it’s ...
- Runs in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 18 in Chicago, IL
Seeking replacement and understudy roles for "Motown the Musical."
- Shoots TBD in TBD location.
- Auditions: Apr 18 in Lakewood, CO and Apr 18 in Albuquerque, NM and Apr 18 in Cinncinati, OH and Apr 19 in Nashville, TN and Apr 19 in State College, PA and Apr 23 in Bowling Green, KY and Apr 25 in Chesterfield, MO and Apr 26 in Cape Canaveral, FL and May 2 in Odessa, TX
Open calls are being held throughout the country for the hit reality series.
- Performances run August 2015-June 2016 in the Detroit Metro area. Note: The contract length is variable but is generally between 35-45 weeks with international touring.
- Auditions: Apr 18 in Rochester, MI and Apr 19 in New York, NY and May 17 in Chicago, IL
Seeing company members for Eisenhower Dance, a contemporary repertory company based in the Detroit Metropolitan area. Company states: "The company boasts a diverse repertory by nationally-known choreographers. Current repertory includes works by Edgar Zendejas, Ron de Jesus, Gina Patterson, Jamey Hampton, Lauren Edson and artistic director Laurie Eisenhower."
- Performances run Fridays, July 11-August 1, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 18, 19 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Cheers: 1773," a play. Project description: "Sets the characters of the beloved TV show as founding fathers and other historical figures at the time of the Boston Tea Party."
- Rehearsals begin May 31. Performances run June 30-July 19, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 19, 22 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Fanatical: A Science Fiction Convention Musical," part of the Chicago Musical Theater Festival.
- Performances run two weekends, beginning June 12 in Elmhurst, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 19, 20, 21 in Elmhurt, IL
Casting "A Midsummer Night's Dream," a comedy. Project description: "Hermia and Lysander are in love, but Hermia's father, Egeus, has selected Demetrius for her husband. When Duke Theseus sides with Egeus, Lysander and Hermia decide to elope. Demetrius pursues them, tipped off by Helena, who is in love with Demetrius. ...
- Shows in 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 20, 21 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Patchwork Drifter," a play. Project description: "The story of a frontier era Wyoming family and a mysterious stranger who appears at their door."
- All productions rehearse and perform in Lincolnshire, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 20 in Chicago, IL
Casting the 2015 Season for Marriott Theatre. Season includes: "Pinocchio" (Rehearsals begin June 22; runs July 1-Aug. 2); "October Sky" (Rehearsals begin July 27; runs Aug. 19-Oct. 18); "Elf" (Rehearsals begin Oct. 5; runs Oct. 21, 2015-Jan. 3, 2016); and a TBD TYA production.
- Rehearsals TBD; performances are ongoing. Actors submit availability in advance and essentially pick when they want to work. Each show is about an hour and a half long in West Chester, OH.
- Auditions: Apr 20 in West Chester, OH
Casting "Trapped in a Room with a Zombie," an interactive theater experience.
- Season runs Sept. 8, 2015-May 22, 2016 in Indianapolis, IN.
- Auditions: Apr 22 in Chicago, IL
Casting the 2015-16 Season for Indiana Repertory Theatre. Season includes: "The Great Gatsby" (by F. Scott Fitzgerald; adapted by Simon Levy); "April 4, 1968" (by James Still); "The Mystery of Irma Vep" (by Charles Ludlam); "To Kill a Mockingbird" (by Harper Lee; adapted by Christopher Sergel); "The Mousetrap" (by Agatha ...
- Season runs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 24, 25 in Chicago, IL
Seeking actors for Lookingglass Theatre's 2015-2016 mainstage season. Season includes "Treasure Island" (Mary Zimmerman, dir. Run begins Oct. 7); "Blood Wedding" (Daniel Ostling, dir. Run begins Mar. 2); "Thaddeus and Slocum" (Nicole Brooks & Krissy Vanderwarder, dirs. Run begins June 1).
- Rehearses summer 2015; performs weekends and Monday holidays Sept. 5-Oct. 25, 2015 in Carver, MA.
- Auditions: Apr 25, 26 in Boston, MA
Seeking performers, and technical and entertainment staff for King Richard's Faire.
- Shoots first two weekends in May - in and around Cicero/Berwyn, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 25 in Cicero, IL
Casting "Lights," a DePaul cinema student advanced project. Synopsis: Five homeless people find a mysterious box; once they open it, their lives are changed forever.
- Rehearsals begin July 27. Shows run September 21-November 1, with a possible extension.
- Auditions: Apr 25, May 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Miss Buncle's Book," a play. Project description: "Christina Calvit's world premiere adaptation of D.E. Stevenson's book.
- All productions rehearse and perform in Crystal Lake, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 25, 27, 28 in Crystal Lake, IL
Casting the 2015-16 Season for William Street Repertory, a nonprofit theater located about 50 minutes north of Chicago. Season includes: "Gypsy" (Rehearses Sept. 7-Oct. 8, Mon.-Thurs. & Sun. 6-10 p.m.; runs Oct. 9-Nov. 1); "Forever Plaid" (Rehearses Nov. 2-27 (not Thanksgiving); runs Nov. 28, 2015-Jan. 2, 2016); a TBD musical ...
- Rehearsals begin five-six weeks before opening of each show; performances begin in June and run through Oct. (Sat. & Sun.) in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 26, 27 in Chicago, IL
Casting Theatre-Hikes' 2015 season of shows. Season includes: "The Man in the Iron Mask" (runs June 27-July 26); "Clue, The Musical" (runs July 18-Aug. 30); "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged)" (runs Aug. 8-Oct. 4); and "War of the Worlds: Chicago" (runs Oct. 4-31; Sat., Sun., Columbus Day, and ...
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 8; runs Mar. 16-Apr. 24 in Aurora, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 27 in Chicago, IL
Casting "West Side Story," a musical.