Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots Aug. 6-9, 15 & 16, 21-23 in downtown Madison, WI.
- Auditions: Aug 2, 3, 4 in Madison, WI
Casting "Graduation Night," a short film that's a slice of life story about the transitionary period of life after college, a time where most 22 year olds are ready for anything but prepared for nothing. It’s graduation night and it’s the last party before everyone goes their own way. The ...
- Shoot dates vary, depending on role. Average number of days required: four days of shooting and one day for dialog looping/dubbing. Shoot will occur every weekend from Aug. 15-Sept. 20. Actors will be given finalized shoot schedule at casting. All shooting will take place within Chicago, IL city limits.
- Auditions: Aug 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Los Hijos de Papa Inocencio," an approximately 30-minute, Spanish-language, telenovela-style short film, with an ensemble cast. Synopsis: A family fights and schemes over who will be buried in a mausoleum built by their grandfather, after they discover that the mausoleum has historical significance. Director states: "This independent, not-for-profit film ...
- Season runs in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: Aug 2, 3 in St. Louis, MO
Seeking a diverse and versatile group of actors for the Shakespeare Festival St. Louis 2015-2016 In the Schools Season. Actors with substantial experience teaching and/or performing for young people are desirable. Season includes "Tales of Shakespeare," (Nancy Bell, writer. Rehearsals begin late August-early September; runs in February); "Hamlet" (Joanna Battles, ...
- Plays in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting ShawChicago's 2015-16 season. Season includes staged readings of "Geneva," (Rehearsals begin Aug. 24; runs Sept. 5-28), "Private Lives," (Rehearsals Nov. 9; runs Nov. 21-Dec. 16), and "You Can Never Tell" (Rehearsals begin Feb. 22, 2016; runs Mar. 5-28, 2016).
- Events are ongoing in Chicago, IL, as well as nationally and internationally.
- Auditions: Aug 3, in Chicago, IL
Redmoon Theater is casting for-hire performers. Project description: "Founded in 1990, Redmoon transforms streets, stages, and architectural landmarks, bridging international, economic, cultural and generational boundaries with a unique brand of Spectacle: a public art form that is equal parts pageantry, gadgetry, puppetry, robust physical performance and visual art. Utilizing this ...
- First production rehearsal begins Oct. 11, 2016; runs Oct. 29-Nov. 20, 2016; second production rehearsal begins Jan. 3; runs Jan. 21-Feb. 12; third production rehearsal begins Feb. 28; runs Mar. 18-Apr. 9 in Madison, WI.
- Auditions: Aug 3, 4 in Madison, WI
Seeking actors for Forward Theater Company's 2016-2017 season.
- Runs Oct. 1-31 (Thurs., 8 p.m.; Fri.-Sat., 10 p.m.) at the Public House Theatre in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Babysitter Massacre '78" a new musical from the creators of “A Nightmare on Backstreet” and “Bates: An 80’s Musical Psycho Parody.”
- Performances run October 1-31 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 3, 5 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Babysitter Massacre '78," a musical. Project description: "A new musical from the creators of 'A Nightmare on Backstreet' and 'Bates: An 80’s Musical Psycho Parody.'"
- Rehearsals will begin August 10, in Streamwood, IL. This will be a 5-week rehearsal time period. Not all cast will be required to attend each rehearsal. Rehearsals Mondays 7-10 PM Tuesdays 7-10 PM Thursdays 7-10 PM Fridays 7-10 PM Saturdays 8 AM-noon (There will be some Saturday evening rehearsals.) Runs Friday, September 11, through Saturday, October 3.
- Auditions: Aug 3, 4 in Medinah, IL
Casting "SongSmythe," a musical. Project description: "The story of Philip Bliss, a passionate family drama that transforms into a heartwarming love story. SongSmythe is a fascinating look at the story of the man who left the world some of our most treasured hymns."
- Auditions to be held July 11-August 15, nationwide.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in Albuquerque, NM and Aug 15 in Baton Rouge, LA
Casting MTV's Real World, a reality TV series. Project description: "Soon you could be sharing your life with millions of viewers on the next season of one of MTV's most popular shows!"
- Shoots Aug. 23-29 in Kenosha, WI.
- Auditions: Aug 4, 5 in Milwaukee, WI
Casting Frozen Stage Film's short film "My Father Has a Choice" in conjunction with Backyard Dream Productions. Producer states: "We are looking for a diverse cast for this film thriller, ranging from many different age groups and ethnicities." James Lead, Male, Age Range: 35 - 45 yrs A father and ...
- Rehearsals begin the last week of August, in Chicago, IL. Rehearsals will generally be Monday-Thursday evenings and one weekend day. Shows are October 23, 24, 25, 28, and 30, and November 1, 4, 5, and 7.
- Auditions: Aug 4, 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Creature," a play. Project description: "Set in England in 1401, 'Creature' is based on the life of Margery Kempe, who is credited by some as having written the first autobiography in the English language. Margery has been tormented by devils for the better part of a year but now, ...
- Shows during school hours in the Chicago, IL area.
- Auditions: Aug 8 in Chicago, IL
Casting the plays "It's Greek to Me," "Medieval Knight," and "Rupert the Reading Knight." Project description: "Caton Enterprises, Ltd., a leading school program company in the Chicagoland area (26 years), presents classic culture and literature shows for middle schools."