Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals TBD; performs Dec. 21 (3 & 7 p.m.; students selected will only perform in one performance each) in Detroit, MI.
- Auditions: Oct 24 in Shelby Twp., MI
Casting student dancers for the Moscow Ballet's "Great Russian Nutcracker." Student dancers will perform side-by-side with the professional company of 40 Russian dancers. Students are cast in ancillary roles of Party Children, Mice, Snowflakes, Angels, and more. Audition director states: "The experience of working and performing with professional ballerinas is ...
- Rehearses 5-9 p.m. beginning October 27th. Some flexibility for actor schedules. Runs November 29-December 21, at Raven Theatre's West Stage.
- Auditions: Oct 24, 25 in Chicago, IL
Casting an immediate replacement for "Land of Plenty," a play. Producers state: "Our current lead actress had to drop out due to unforeseen circumstances, and we are looking for a great actress to step in. This is a world premiere production, and our inaugural production as a company."
- Rehearses June 14-21 (must arrive June 14; rehearsals begin June 15 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs June 26 & 27 (7 p.m.); depart June 28. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Dec 5 in Toledo, OH and Dec 6 in Detroit, MI and Dec 7 in Tawas City, MI and Oct 25 in Houston, TX
Casting "Annie," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are also additional performing ...
- Three rehearsals and a tech in Chicago, IL. Shows November 14-16.
- Auditions: Oct 26 in Chicago, IL
Casting Gay Film Weekend, a series of screenplay readings. Project description: "enhanced staged readings of the five finalists from Pride Films & Plays' 2014 Great Gay Screenplay Contest. The finalists are: '1974' by Chris Halligan, 'Agent Call Boy' by James Rosenfield, 'The Celestial' by Barry Brennessel, 'Chance Meetings' by John ...
- Individual music rehearsals take place in May 2015, in Chicago, IL. Staging, choreography, and dress rehearsals run June 8-July 2, 2015. All rehearsals will be on the north side of Chicago. Performances run July 2-August 2, 2015, at Stage 773 in Lakeview. For special appearance engagements, and extension performances, refer to the accompanied audition attachment.
- Auditions: Oct 26, 27 in Chicago, IL
Casting “See Rock City & Other Destinations”, a musical. Project description: "A contemporary musical about connections missed and made at tourist destinations across America. A wanderer believes his destiny is written on rooftops along the North Carolina Interstate; a young man yearns to connect with intelligent life in Roswell, New ...
- Performances run April 10-May 3, 2015, in St. Charles, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 26, in St. Charles, IL
Casting "Ordinary Days," a musical. Project description: "The story of four young New Yorkers whose lives intersect as they search for fulfillment, happiness, love, and cabs. Through a score of vibrant and memorable songs, their experiences ring startlingly true to life."
- Rehearses summer 2015 in Staunton, VA. Contract runs April 28-Nov. 29, 2015; tour contract runs June 22, 2015-June 13, 2016.
- Auditions: Oct 27, 28 in New York, NY and Nov 7, 8 in Staunton, VA
The American Shakespeare Center is casting union & nonunion actors for the 2015 Blackfriars Playhouse summer & fall seasons of rotating repertory. Repertory includes "Antony and Cleopatra," "A Midsummer Night’s Dream," "The Winter’s Tale," "1 Henry VI," and "Mucedorus." Also casting the 2015-16 American Shakespeare Center on Tour. Repertory includes ...
- Rehearsals begin December 2014 in NYC; one-year contract begins Jan. 16, 2015. Note: Guaranteed minimum of 35-40 performances from January thru July.
- Auditions: Oct 27 in New York, NY
Casting the national touring one man show, "Men are from Mars - Women are from Venus Live!" This one-man fusion of theatre and stand-up is based on the New York Times #1 best-selling book of the last decade by John Gray. Moving swiftly through a series of vignettes, the show ...
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Oct 27, in Chicago, IL
Casting actors, singers, and dancers for ensemble replacements in "Motown the Musical."
- Rehearses January 19-29, Monday-Friday, 12-5pm, with staggered call times, in Highland Park, IL. January 30: Daytime tech. Show January 31: 6pm Call; 8pm Curtain.
- Auditions: Oct 27 in Highland Park, IL
Casting "Oscar & Richard & Joe," a musical. Project description: "an evening about Rogers & Hammerstein's 'Allegro.' After Rodgers and Hammerstein turned Broadway's spotlight on themselves with the immense popularity of Oklahoma! and Carousel, the legendary music-and-lyrics tandem undertook a revolutionary new musical, 'Allegro.' The show sharply divided critics, but ...
- Shows January 16-February 1, 2015, in Des Plaines, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 27, 28 in Winnetka, IL
Casting "Enchanted April," a play. Project description: "Set in the 1920's, the play centers on four English women who rent a castle in Italy to try to come to grips with their lives and relationships. During their enchanted month, the ladies fall under the spell of their idyllic, sun-drenched surroundings, ...
- Rehearsals begin January 2015. Runs February 6-22, 2015, in Skokie, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 27, Nov 1 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Same Time Next Year," a play. Project description: "A man and woman meet by chance at a romantic inn, and although they are both are married to others, they find themselves in the same bed the next morning questioning how this could have happened. Neither of them wants to ...
- Rehearses Jan. 28-May 15, 2015 in Toronto, Canada; onboard performance contract ends Dec. 13, 2015. Sailing exciting Transatlantic cruising and ports including Caribbean, NYC, Iceland, Northern Europe and Mediterranean Itinerary (Copenhagen, Norway, Finland, Germany, Russia, Spain, France, Italy).
- Auditions: Oct 28 in Chicago, IL
Seeking musical theatre principal actors to portray new roles within the exciting repertory of musical theatre style shows including a brand new main stage production onboard Disney Cruise Line ships.