Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses & runs Apr. 4-May 22, 2016 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 13, 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting AGMA/Equity/nonunion singers & dancers for "The King and I."
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 28, 2016; runs Feb. 18-Mar. 20, 2016 in Munster, IN.
- Auditions: Oct 13 in Munster, IN
Casting "The 39 Steps."
- Performance October 31 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 13 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Black Market Ball," an interactive theatrical Halloween celebration.
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 1, 2016; previews begin Feb. 19; closes May 15 in Valparaiso, IN.
- Auditions: Oct 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting "New Country," a play. Synopsis: In "New Country," handsome, charismatic, Country music star Justin Spears is a rich, famous, cavalier, with an ego at the top of the charts. It's Justin's bachelor party on the eve of his wedding day, and his ruthless managers, Paul and Chuck, try in ...
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 14; runs Jan. 22-Mar. 6, 2016 in All Performance will be at the Den Theater, 1329 N. Milwaukee Ave, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting the role of Jim in "The Glass Menagerie."
- Rehearsals begin November 10 in Chicago, IL. Runs December 3-7.
- Auditions: Oct 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Merry Christmas, Mulch Pile!", a musical. Project description: "Santa Claus is done with Christmas. No more gifts, no more carols, no more cheer. While on his final sweep of the globe, Saint Nick befriends Laura, a young trans woman just coming to terms with her identity. He spends his ...
- Rehearses and performs April 25-Nov. 27, 2016 in Staunton, VA. Tour rehearses and performs June 20, 2016-June 11, 2017.
- Auditions: Oct 16, 17 in Staunton, VA and Oct 26, 27 in New York, NY
Casting the 2016 Blackfriars Playhouse Summer/Fall Season of rotating repertory. Repertory includes "King Lear," "Twelfth Night," "Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson," and "Henry VI Part 2." Also casting the tour, which includes "Romeo and Juliet," "Our Town," "The Two Gentlemen of Verona," "Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet)," and "A Christmas Carol."
- Rehearsals begin in December. Performances run January 29-February 29, 2016, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 17, 21 in Chicago, IL
Casting "High Fidelity: The Musical." Project description: "When Rob, a Brooklyn record store owner, finds himself unexpectedly dumped, his life takes a music-filled turn toward the introspective. Based on the popular novel by Nick Hornby, 'High Fidelity' follows Rob as he struggles to discover how his relationship went awry, and ...
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 27, 2016; runs Mar. 24-May 1, 2016 Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 17 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Dreams Of The Penny Gods" in which Bug, your average 13-year-old girl who happens to have been born into a criminal family that's hiding out in a storage facility, transforms herself into a high priestess who's trying to raise the dead and on this particular summer day, her incantations ...
- Runs January 15-February 6, 2016, in Glen Ellyn, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 18, 20 in Glen Ellyn, IL
Casting "Doubt, A Parable," a play. Project description: "In this brilliant and powerful drama, Sister Aloysius takes matters into her own hands when she suspects the young Father Flynn of improper relations with one of the male students at her Bronx school."
- Shoots January 2016 in Kenosha, WI.
- Auditions: Oct 18, 19 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Book of Birdie," an indie fantasy-horror feature film set in a haunted convent. Producer states: "This is a low-budget film with an independent, award-winning team and friendly international crew."
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 5; runs Nov. 20-Jan. 2 (mostly daytime matinees, with four shows on the weekends) at Easton Town Center, Columbus, OH.
- Auditions: Oct 18 in Columbus, OH
Casting "Home for the Holidays," a holiday musical revue of traditional and contemporary songs. Seeking a small cast of six: two strong female vocalists (soprano/alto) who can move; two strong male vocalists (tenor/bass) who can move; and two strong dancers (ballet/tap/jazz) who can sing (flexible age range, 20-40).