Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots May 30-June 3 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 25, 26 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Last Hour," a short film about two strangers, a homeless teenager and a middle-aged cop, whose lives violently collide when they accidentally shoot each other. As they try to keep each other conscious, they discover that they are more similar than they may had originally thought.
- The theater is located in Arlington Heights, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 25 in Arlington Heights, IL
Casting "Oliver!", the musical based on Charles Dickens' "Oliver Twist," about an orphan boy who hooks up with a group of boys trained to be pickpockets.
- Auditions (April 26th 10AM) & Finales (May 18th) for the contest will be held Discount Music Center in Orlando, FL.
- Auditions: Apr 26 in Orlando, FL
Seeking contestants for "SING to End Homelessness" a charity singing competition. "Each group/soloist will audition by 'singing' a cappella before a panel of judges for a chance to be selected to advance onto the 'Grand Finale' with a chance to win prizes and a spot on a compilation album to ...
- Shows Sunday-Thursday, July 21-Aug. 30 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 26 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The House of Mirth," an adaptation of Edith Wharton's classic novel. Project description: "This moving play vividly brings to the stage Lily Bart's flamboyant progress through the glorious whirl of New York's high society, circa 1905, and her tragic fall. The satirical love story is staged as a series ...
- Rehearsals begin the second week of July. Performs August 22 in Evanston, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 26 in Evanston, IL
Casting "La Dolorosa," an opera. Project description: "Main Street Opera is in search of fluent Spanish speaking performers for its first Zarzuela production."
- Rehearsals begin May 4. Show runs weekends, June 21-August 10, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 28 in Chicago, IL
Casting Bard in the Parks 2014 Tour of William Shakespeare's "The Two Gentlemen of Verona." Project description: "In 16th Century Italy, two inseparable friends suddenly become rivals for the love of a noblewoman."
- Rehearsals begin August 25. Performances run October 3-November 2 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 27 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Take Me Out," a play. Project description: "Baseball’s biggest secret is held by baseball’s biggest star - until he decides to come out of the closet. As the world reacts to his 'matter of fact' announcement, the turmoil, confusion, support, betrayal, acceptance, hatred and joy are mirrored in miniature ...
- Shoots May 2-4 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 27 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Girls Day Out," a short fashion film that follows two best friends who reunite for their annual day out together. All seems well until their day quickly takes a turn when the friends break into a wealthy home to hold a fashion show for the unsuspecting homeowners.
- Shooting June-November, in Detroit, MI.
- Auditions: Apr 27 in Troy, MI
Casting background for the Warner Bros. feature film "Batman Vs. Superman," starring Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne & Jeremy Irons. The plot for this sequel to "Men Of Steel," is rumored to involved Batman holding Superman accountable for the Kryptonian attack on Metropolis.
- Rehearsals begin May; shoots June 21-22 & 28-29, July 5-6, 12-13, & 19-20 and Aug. 1-3, 9-10, & 16-17 in Chicago, IL. Note: The days will be roughly 10 hour work days.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 28, 29 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Cool Apocalypse," a feature length indie romance film. Producer states: "This a passion project we are very excited to be finally casting. The film will focus heavily on the performance of the actors."
- Rehearsals begin the week of May 11, in Wilmette, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 28 in Wilmette, IL
Casting the 1999 revival version of "Annie Get Your Gun," an outdoor musical. The story of the great sharpshooter, Annie Oakley, who rises to fame while dealing with her love/professional rival, Frank Butler.