Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses 7-10 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and Saturdays 10 a.m.-1 p.m. beginning September 1. Performances run October 31-November 15, in Westchester, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 27, 28, 29 in Westchester, IL
Casting "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?", a musical. Project description: "Growing up on Chicago’s South Side in the 1960's, Eddie Ryan is learning a lot — and not just from the Brothers at his all-boys Catholic high school. Eddie’s world is populated by peculiar adults, oddball classmates, ...
- Performs Oct. 23, 24, and 25 at The Chapel in University City, MO.
- Auditions: Aug 27 in St. Louis, MO
Seeking singers wanted for concert performance of "Starfest," a new musical by Mario Farwell and Startos Diamantis. Producer states: "'Starfest' was a winner at The Santa Fe Musical Theatre Festival and a finalist for The New York Musical Theatre Festival."
- Rehearsals begin February 2, 2016, in Chicago, IL. Runs March 11-April 3.
- Auditions: Aug 28, 31 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Horrible Weapons of the Future," a play. Project description: "Dr. Strangelove Meets 'Office Space' in this smart, wild, occasionally thoughtful sci-fi comedy packed with action, romance, and lots of ray guns, set deep in the underground lab of the world's most extreme weapons manufacturer in the near future."
- Rehearsals begin February 1, 2016, in Naperville, IL. Performances run March 10-13, 2016, in Naperville, and late May through July 10 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Good Doctor," a play. Project description: "A comedy with music, written by Neil Simon. It consists in a series of short plays, based on short stories and other works of Russian writer Anton Chekhov, framed by a writer making comments on them."
- Shooting this fall in Detroit, MI.
- Auditions: Aug 29, 30 in Farmington Hills, MI
Seeking actors for the Paramount Pictures feature film "Looking for Alaska," based on the YA novel by John Green ("Paper Towns"). Project description: "A new arrival at a boarding school falls in love with a beguiling female student." Casting states: "Hundreds of paid extras will be needed."
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 5; tours season ends April 3, 2016.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in St. Louis, MO
Seeking two female actor/ASMs to play multiple parts in three touring shows, to include "Goldilocks," "The Elves and the Shoemaker," and "Goodbye Marianne."
- Rehearsals TBD based on actor's availability at Panera Bread in Evanston, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Robber and the Knife," a two-minute black and white, silent film. The work will be showcased at a rented screen downtown should the case want to showcase their work.
- Shooting September 11-28, in Muskegon County, MI.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in Muskegon, MI
Casting the independent horror feature film 'Ruin Me,' starring Chris Hill & Eva Hamilton. Project description: "Alexandra is a reluctant tag-along for Terror Weekend, a "haunted" campout in the middle of the woods. When the other campers begin to disappear, Alex must overcome extreme physical and psychological challenges to survive."
- Rehearsals begin mid-January, 2016. Previews begin March 11, 2016, and plays through May 1, 2016 (with possible extension), in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 30 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Rent," a musical. Project description: "The Pulitzer and Tony Award winning musical about Bohemians in the East Village of New York City struggling with life, love, and AIDS, and the impacts they have on America."
- Runs September and October in the Manhattan Arts Center in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 30, 31 in Manhattan, NY
Seeking dancers, singers, and models for a couple of large performances and fashion shows for the UCT Culture Center.
- Performances run October 30-November 14, in Batavia, IL. Note: "The rehearsal schedule will be determined by the director and is subject to the availability of the confirmed cast and crew."
- Auditions: Aug 30, 31, Sep 1 in Batavia, IL
Casting "The Butler Did It," a play. Project description: "Trying to rehearse a show where all of the characters are named Butler is difficult enough. But when the director decides to experiment by staging the 'death' of an actress, the line between fact and fiction becomes blurred in this hilarious ...
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 11, 2016; runs Feb. 5-Mar. 13, 2016 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 31 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Far from Heaven," with book by Richard Greenberg, music by Scott Frankel, and lyrics by Michale Korie.