Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals start December 1, 2015. Runs January 15-February 15, 2015, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 17 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Book of Merman," a play. Project description: "When two Mormons ring a doorbell marked E.M. in a small town, they have no idea that a certain Ethel will open the door. With some dazzling parody music and Leo Schwartz’s original songs, you will laugh throughout 'The Book of ...
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 6; runs Nov. 7-23 in Bloomington, IN.
- Auditions: Sep 17 in Chicago, IL
Casting "A Streetcar Named Desire," a play.
- Runs Sept. 25 and Oct. 17 in North Hollywood, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 18 in North Hollywood, CA
Seeking female runway models for LA Fashion Week's Closing Night presented by LA Fashion Corner, showcasing LA’s fashion designer collections.
- Shoots Sept. 20, 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 18 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Girls Demand Equality," a comedic web video slamming societies' sexist attitude towards girls and women. Producer states: "Following in the successful footsteps of FCKH8.com videos on LGBT equality and racism, this video will promote a charity T-shirt benefiting causes supporting equality for girls."
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 2, 2015; press opening Apr. 2; runs through May 9 with a possible two-week extension, in Berwyn, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 19 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Graveyard of Empires."
- Ongoing position consists of selling and coordinating national workshops. Company is based in NYC, but is seeking talent in North Carolina as well as Skype positions around the country.
- Auditions: Sep 19 in Durham, NC
Seeking salespeople to sell acting workshops that create therapeutic, slice-of-life mini-plays. Creator states: "These workshops will be marketed to corporations, human resources departments, and high-end potential participants." Creator states: "Are you interested in a commission-based sales position that will lead to a permanent, paid, full-time position in the global acting ...
- Shows run one hour (set-up one hour, and strike 45 minutes), usually presented in the morning, in the suburbs of Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 19, 20 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Medieval Knights," a school show. Producers state: "Caton Enterprises, Ltd., is a leading school assembly company in the Chicagoland area (25 years) that presents classic culture and literature shows for middle schools is looking for men to be knights in our school program, 'Medieval Knights'. The men chosen as ...
- Rehearses June 14-21 (must arrive June 14; rehearsals begin June 15 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs June 26 & 27 (7 p.m.); depart June 28. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Sep 20 in New York, NY and Sep 27 in Nashville, TN and Dec 13 in Redding, CA and Dec 5 in Toledo, OH and Dec 6 in Detroit, MI and Dec 7 in Tawas City, MI and Oct 25 in Houston, TX
Casting "Annie," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are also additional performing ...
- Rehearses September 24-October 30. Show runs November 7-24, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 20 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Featherstone," a play. Project description: "A psychoanalytic comedy set in a marriage counselor's office. 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf' meets 'The Thick of It.'"
- Shows run November 14-December 7 in Wheaton, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 20, 21, 22 in Wheaton, IL
Casting "The Secret Garden," a play. Project description: In his rambling manor house in 1906 England, widower Archibald Craven yearns for his beautiful wife. He blames his son, Colin, for her death and has isolated and neglected the boy. Young Mary Lennox comes to live with them after her parents’ ...