Backstage's audition listings in Chicago, IL include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles. New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for Chicago. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses in winter and shoots in spring, in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Department of Misfits: Out of the Office," a web series about a group of rejects in a giant spy organization and what happens to them when they get out of the office.
- Rehearses December 27, 2014-January 10, 2015 in St. Charles, IL. Runs January 24-March 8, 2015.
- Auditions: Oct 31 in St. Charles, IL
Casting "No Way to Treat a Lady," a musical. Project description: "A theatrically-charged musical comedy thriller, about a publicity crazed actor-turned-killer and the endearing detective who pursues him. Based on the best selling novel that became a renowned movie. A devilish blend of humor, romance and mu, and murder with ...
- "The Odd Couple" rehearsals begin this December, and runs January 8-February 22, 2015. "Lone Star" and "Laundry in Bourbon" rehearsals begin January 2015, and runs March 5-April 19, 2015. "Later Life" rehearsals begin in March, and runs April 30-June 14, 2015. All in Glenview, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 1 in Glenview, IL
Oil Lamp Theater is holding open auditions for its 2015 season, including the plays "The Odd Couple" by Neil Simon, "Lone Star" and "Laundry in Bourbon" by James McLure, and "Later Life" by A.R. Gurney.
- Shoots early 2015 in Dayton, OH.
- Auditions: Nov 1 in Hilliard, OH and Nov 8 in Dayton, OH and Nov 15 in Indianapolis, IN
Casting "Respite Care," a feature-length psychological thriller about a home health worker who experiences post-traumatic stress while caring for a new patient.
- Shoots Nov. 7-9, 15-16, 22-23 in Madison, WI.
- Auditions: Nov 2 in Chicago, IL and Nov 1 in Madison, WI
Casting "The Neighbors," a short film in which an older couple delves into obsession while housesitting for their affluent neighbors. Synopsis: Bill and Arlene Danner, a mid-40s couple, have lost all excitement in their marriage. After Jim and Lauren Stone, early 30s, leave for another vacation, Bill and Arlene rekindle ...
- Competition is Dec. 7 at the Hyatt Regency in New Brunswick, NJ.
- Auditions: Nov 1 in New York, NY
Seeking models to enter "I Am Model Miss Glam," a modeling competition that will be filmed. Producer states: "'I Am Model Miss Glam' is a non-traditional competition for the contemporary-style model. This show is part of a multi-city tour. The winner of each participating city will be a featured contestant ...
- Shows run January 9-February 8, 2015, in St. Charles, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 2 in St. Charles, IL
Casting "Veronica's Room," a play. Project description: "A psychological thriller by Ira Levin (author of 'Deathtrap' and 'Rosemary's Baby'). It is 1973. College Students Susan and Larry are invited to a New England Mansion by its caretakers. Susan is encouraged to impersonate Veronica, a long dead daughter of the family, ...
- Rehearses Nov. 17, 2014-Feb. 19, 2015, 6-10 p.m; runs Feb. 20-28, 2015 at the theatre in Glen Rock, NJ.
- Auditions: Nov 3 in New York, NY and Nov 5 in Glen Rock, NJ
Casting five incredibly strong singer/dancers with break/pop/hip-hop and precision showmanship for "Altar Boyz."
- Contract dates vary.
- Auditions: Nov 5, 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting singers, and dancers for productions aboard Carnival cruises.
- Rehearsals begin May 19; runs July 3-Aug. 8, 2015 in Normal, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting the Illinois Shakespeare Festival 2015 Season. Season includes "Richard II" (Robert Quinlan, dir.), "Love's Labour's Lost" (Curt Tofteland, dir.), and "Love's Labour's Won" (Sara Becker, dir.).
- Producers state: "Our theater produces work 50 of the 52 weeks in a year in Chicago, IL. First-year Neos are required to write and perform for a majority of those weeks."
- Auditions: Nov 8, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind," a rotating selection of very short plays.
- Rehearsals begin the week of April 13, 2015. Runs late-May through the beginning of July 2015, in Chicago, IL, and will be remounted for a one-week run in mid-August 2015, in Naperville, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 8 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Tartuffe," a comedy. Project description: "Orgon - duped by the false piety of the penniless Tartuffe - takes him into his house, and orders his daughter to reject her fiancé and to marry him. First Dorine, the family servant, tries a strategy to avert the marriage; then Orgon's son ...
- Rehearses Nov. 15-16; shoots Nov. 22-23 in Chicago.
- Auditions: Nov 8, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "By Virtue of the Absurd," a student film for the University of Chicago. Synopsis: "By Virtue of the Absurd" will attempt to convey the extreme expressions that bracket our life, crying and laughing. It will explore how these two emotions are opposed to each other in the sentiments they ...