Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; runs Oct. 23-25 in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: May 9 in St. Louis, MO
Casting "Mary Poppins."yesterday
- Season runs in Rochester, MI.
- Auditions: May 11, Jun 1 in Rochester, MI
Casting Meadow Brook Theatre's 50th Anniversary Season. Season includes "The Explorers Club" (Rehearsals begin Sept. 15; run ends Nov. 1); "A Christmas Carol" (Rehearsals begin Oct. 27; run ends Dec. 25); "Legends!" (Rehearsals begin Dec. 15; run ends Jan. 31); "Atomic" (Rehearsals begin Jan. 19; run ends Mar. 6); "Calendar ...Thursday
- Rehearsal days are TBD 3 p.m. runs Aug. 19-Nov. 23 at Grayslake Central High School
- Seeking submissions from: Grayslake, IL; Chicago, IL
Seeking a technical director for high school musical production of "Cinderella."Thursday
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 2; runs Dec. 4-20, 2015 in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: May 11, 12, 13 in St. Louis, MO
Casting "Sublime Intimacy," a play with dance which concerns five interconnected people, their love of dance and dancers, and the life experiences that produces.Wednesday
- Season runs in Aurora, IL.
- Auditions: May 9, in Chicago, IL
Casting Paramount Theatre's 2015-16 Season. Season includes "A Christmas Story: The Musical" (Nick Bowling, dir.; Trent Stork, asst. dir.; Rhett Guter, choreo. Rehearses Oct. 25-Nov. 1; runs Nov. 25-Jan. 3); "Hairspray" (Amber Mak, dir.; Ericka Mac, asst. dir.-choreo. Rehearsals begin Dec. 28; runs Jan. 20-Feb. 21).Tuesday
- Rehearsals June-July; touring in Ireland, Canada, and the U.S. through 2016 and beyond.
- Auditions: May 9, 10 in Chicago, IL and May 11, 12, 13 in New York, NY
Casting "Riverdance," the international dance-show phenomenon is holding auditions for strong African American male tap dancers and singers who can tap for its upcoming international tours.Tuesday
- Rehearsals Weds. evenings and Sat. afternoons this spring.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting a reading and development workshop for a new adaptation of a 19th century French novel. This is a non equity volunteer project for collaborative actors interested in the new play development process.Tuesday
- Intensive Workshop May 6 & 13 (7-10 p.m.); rehearses Amy 20-July 8 (Wed., 7-10 p.m.); performs July 10-Aug. 15 (Fri. & Sat., 8:30 p.m.) at Pendulum Space, 1803 W. Byron St., Suite 216, Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 29, May 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Fugue," a complex show that captures the elements of a musical fugue through four simultaneous improvised scenes that explore similar themes. The show consists of eight actors onstage for the full 45-minute show, performing four separate scenes in four different spaces. While they physically overlap onstage, they thematically overlap ...Monday
- Rehearsals begin August 10. Shows run August 29-October 25, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Maybe Baby, It's You," a play. Project description: "A comedy about the search for that most elusive of entities, the soul mate, told in a series of 11 vignettes that cover ground from the first kiss to the not-so-golden years of marriage."Sunday
- Three rehearsals will be held in May. Reading performs May 15, in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "At a Certain Age," a staged reading.Sunday
- Rehearsals begin September 8. Performs October 22-November 29, with a possible one-week extension. Weekday and weekend matinee performances are required.
- Auditions: May 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Mr. Popper's Penguins," a musical for children. Project description: "Set in the small town of Stillwater in the 1930's, the Popper family unexpectedly comes into possession of a penguin, Captain Cook. The Poppers then receive a female penguin from the zoo, who mates with Captain Cook to have 10 ...Sunday
- Performances begin in June and run through October, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 26, 27 in Chicago, IL
Theatre-Hikes is casting its 2015 season, including the plays "The Man in the Iron Mask," "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) [Revised]," and "War of the Worlds - Chicago," and the musical "Clue."Sunday
- Possible read-through the last week of May. Rehearses evenings & weekends (no rehearsal July 4). Performances run July 10-August 2, at City Lit Theater in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 26, 28 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Bard Fiction," a play. Project description: "Honor. Betrayal. Foot rubs. Shakespeare and Tarantino collide once again as Commedia Beauregard brings this Elizabethan retelling of 'Pulp Fiction' back to Chicago. Performed in verse. 'Bard Fiction' follows the seedy characters of Tarantino's opus, now part of London's underworld, in seemingly disparate ...Sunday
- "Gypsy" runs September 7-November 1, 2015 in Crystal Lake, IL. "Plaid Tidings" runs November 2, 2015-January 2, 2016. "Death of a Salesman" runs March 21-May 15, 2016.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 28 in Crystal Lake, IL
Williams Street Rep is hosting general auditions for its upcoming productions of the play, "Death of a Salesman," and the musicals "Gypsy," and "Plaid Tidings."Sunday
- Season runs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 6, 12 in Chicago, IL
Casting the 2015-16 Season for TimeLine Theatre Company. Season includes: "Sunset Baby" (Dominquie Morisseau, writer; Ron O.J. Parsons, dir. Rehearsals begin Dec. 7, 2015; previews begin Jan. 12, 2016; runs Jan. 22-Apr. 10, 2016); and "Chimerica" (Lucy Kirkwood, writer. Rehearsals begin Mar. 29, 2016; previews begin May 3; runs May ...Apr 18
- Rehearses Oct. 25-Nov. 1; runs Nov. 25, 2015-Jan. 3, 2016 in Aurora, IL.
- Auditions: May 7, 8, in Chicago, IL
Casting strong actors, singers, and dancers of all genders, ethnicities, and types for "A Christmas Story: the Musical."Apr 15
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 28; runs Jan. 20-Feb. 21, 2016 in Aurora, IL.
- Auditions: May 5, in Chicago, IL
Seeking strong male and female actors/singers for character roles and young-looking adults to play teenagers on the "Corny Collins Show" in "Hairspray," a musical.Apr 15