Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Shows APril 25-May 11 in Skokie, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 18 in Skokie, IL
Casting "Tuesdays With Morrie," a play. Project description: "Newspaper sports columnist Mitch Albom recounts the time spent with his 78-year-old sociology professor, Morrie Schwartz, at Brandeis University, who was dying from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Albom, a former student of Schwartz, had not corresponded with him since attending his college ...13 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be August 4th-September 14th in Chicago, IL. Tech will be Sept 15th-20th. Previews on September 22-25. Performances will be Thursday-Sunday September 26th-November 2nd.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
The Agency Theater Collective is holding general auditions for its upcoming 2014 productions, including a world-premiere play written by the same team behind last year's acclaimed I Wish to Apologize to the People of Illinois.13 hours ago
- Opening July 11 in Hammond, IN.
- Auditions: Mar 22 in Chicago, IL and Mar 23, 24 in Hammond, IN
Casting "From Up Here," a US premiere musical by Aaron Lee Lambert. Project description: "High above the bustle of the city, five strangers find solace on the Brooklyn Bridge, suspended between who they were and what they might become."13 hours ago
- Auditions will begin in early April in the evenings and on weekends, in Chicago, IL. The show will be playing the first two weekends in May, with a tech rehearsal during the week between them.
- Auditions: Mar 16 in Chicago, IL
Casting the world premiere of "Hummingbird Heart," a one act play. Project description: "takes a deeper look at what motivates us and how far we are willing to go to get what we want. The entire show takes place in a prison interview between Kate, a woman who murders her ...13 hours ago
- Performances take place on an ongoing basis aboard Holland America's cruise ships, which travel worldwide.
- Auditions: Apr 11, in Decatur, IL and Apr 13, in Chicago, IL
Casting singers, singer-dancers, and dancers for production shows performing onboard Holland America Line's 15 luxury vessels with worldwide itineraries.Friday
- Rehearsals begin July 22; runs Aug. 20-31 in Notre Dame, IN.
- Auditions: Mar 24 in Chicago, IL
Casting a conflation of "Henry IV Parts 1 & 2," to be performed in the 15th Anniversary season of the Notre Dame Shakespeare Festival at the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center at Notre Dame.Friday
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 18; performs Sept. 10-Oct. 12 in Aurora, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 7 in Chicago, IL
Casting strong actors/dancers/singers of all shapes and sizes for "Cats" for Paramount Theatre. Specialized skills encouraged including aerial, gymnastics, and circus skills. Note: Very few sing-only roles and very few dance-only roles.Friday