Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Rehearsals begin in June in Chicago, IL. Shows weekends, August 14-30.
- Auditions: Feb 21, Mar 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Bare: A Pop Opera," a musical. Project description: "A group of high school seniors at a Catholic boarding school face issues of sexuality and personal identity. As they struggle to come to terms with who they are, and who the world thinks they should be, they seek answers from ...4 hours ago
- Rehearsals February 2-March 13 in Chicago, IL. Shows March 14-April 19.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Balm in Gilead," a play. Project description: "Balm in Gilead takes place in 1966 in Frank's café, an all-night coffee shop on Manhattan's Upper West Side peopled by a makeshift community of dealers, junkies, hustlers, prostitutes, dreamers and runaways."4 hours ago
- Summer rehearsals begin May 24 in Center Barnstead, New Hampshire. National tour June 14-August 8. Fall rehearsals begin October 4. Tour November 1-December 22.
- Auditions: Jan 30, 31 in Chicago, IL
Casting our summer tour of "Robin Hood" and "Hercules," as well as our fall tour of "The Secret Garden" and "A Christmas Carol." Project description: "Each interactive, educational tour is performed by two actors, with each actor playing multiple roles, from scripts that are original adaptations of literary classics."4 hours ago
- Shows April 2-4 and 9-11 in Chicago, IL. Each play will have approximately five rehearsals in February-March, scheduled to accommodate each director and set of actors. Each actor may be cast in 2 plays. Must be available for tech rehearsals between March 28 and April 1.
- Auditions: Feb 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Master Works: The Intuit Plays." Project description: "This production is made up of six short plays based on the works of art from Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art's permanent collection. Six playwrights, six works of art, six new plays."5 hours ago
- Season runs June 3 through Aug. 18 in the Catskill Mountains, NY.
- Auditions: Feb 23, 24 in New York, NY and Feb 27, 28 in Chicago, IL and Mar 5, 6, 7 in Chattanooga, TN
Seeking crew/camp counselors for the 2015 season at Stagedoor Manor, a performing arts camp for ages 10-18, in NY’s Catskill Mountains. Director states: "Our program is for youth interested in exposure to the theater, in a summer stock style setting. We hire professionals to create the worlds of their shows ...Friday
- Season runs in Oakbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 2, in Chicago, IL
Seeking dancers and singers for the upcoming 2015/2016 season. Season includes "The Little Mermaid" (Rehearsals begin Apr. 5; runs Apr. 22-June 6); "Beaches the Musical" (Rehearsals begin May 18; runs July 2-August 16); "White Christmas" (Rehearsals begin Oct. 5; runs Oct. 29-Jan. 3), and "Bye Bye Birdie" (Rehearsals begin Dec. ...Wednesday
- Season rehearses and performs in Holland, MI.
- Auditions: Jan 31 in Chicago, IL
Casting the Hope Summer Repertory Season. Season includes: "Les Miserables;" "To Kill a Mockingbird;" "Smokey Joe's Cafe;" and "Hay Fever."Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin February 24. Shows run Thursdays-Sundays, April 9-May 17, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jan 27, 28, 31 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Penelope, O Penelope," a play. Project description: "A poetic and vulgar modern re-imagining of Homer's 'Odyssey.'"Tuesday
- Shows run May 1-3, in Chicago Heights, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 16, 17 in Chicago Heights, IL
Casting "Hairspray," a musical. Project description: "It's 1962, and Tracy Turnblad, a big girl with big hair and even a bigger heart, is transformed into a teen celebrity on the local TV dance program, The Corny Collins Show. Can she win the love of heartthrob Link Larkin and integrate the ...Monday
- Shows run May 15-June 7, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jan 31 in Chicago, IL and Feb 6, 13 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Cowboy vs. Samurai," a play. Project description: "A romantic comedy set in present day Breakneck, Wyoming."Monday