Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Rehearsals begin February 2, 2016, in Chicago, IL. Runs March 11-April 3.
- Auditions: Aug 28, 31 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Horrible Weapons of the Future," a play. Project description: "Dr. Strangelove Meets 'Office Space' in this smart, wild, occasionally thoughtful sci-fi comedy packed with action, romance, and lots of ray guns, set deep in the underground lab of the world's most extreme weapons manufacturer in the near future."20 minutes ago
- Rehearses Nov. 5; runs Nov. 18-Dec. 23 in Oakbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Oakbrook, IL
Casting "A Christmas Carol," a play.1 hours ago
- Rehearsals will begin mid-October (most rehearsals will be held on Tues., Thurs., and Fri. evenings, with some rehearsals on Sat. mornings and afternoons; not everyone will be called to every rehearsal). There will be a full week break for Thanksgiving. Tech rehearsals begin Nov. 30. Performs Dec. 11, 12, 18, & 19 (evenings). All performances held in the new state-of-the-art auditorium at Community Christian Church (The Yellow Box), 1635 Emerson Ln., Naperville, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 12, 13 in Naperville, IL
Casting "Let it Be Christmas," a rock-opera Nativity Story, telling "the greatest story of all time, with the greatest music of all time." Synopsis: Follow Joseph and Mary down the "Long and Winding Road" to Bethlehem as they bring this "Beautiful Boy" into the world to offer salvation to all ...2 hours ago
- Runs Nov. 5-Dec. 27 in Detroit, MI.
- Auditions: Sep 21, 22 in Detroit, MI
Seeking male and female actors for the upcoming production of "Herb the Green Knight," a play.3 hours ago
- Rehearses Sept. 23-Nov. 5 (Mon.-Thurs., 7-10 p.m., until Oct. 12, when rehearsals run Mon.-Fri., 7-10 p.m.) at The Unity Community Center, 1212 W. Balmoral, Chicago, IL; runs Nov. 6-Dec. 20 at The Royal George Theatre, Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 16 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Animal Acts!: An Animal Burlesque on the State of the Human Condition," a musical. Synopsis: "Animal Acts!" features ten twisted animals who have come with a message from on high about how humans treat themselves and the other inhabitants of this "One World." This is a world premier of ...16 hours ago
- Rehearses Sept. 21-Nov. 11 (Mon.-Fri., 6:30-10:30 p.m.); runs Nov. 13-Jan. 3 at Creative Arts Foundation, 7558 S. South Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 31, Sep 1 in Chicago, IL
Seeking one strong African American dramatic female actress for "Repairing A Nation," a play. Synopsis: Lois Davis’ family suffered tremendous losses throughout the burning of “Black Wall Street” during the Tulsa Race Riots of 1921. Eighty years later, she pressures her family to join a class-action suit for reparations; she ...Tuesday
- Currently casting replacement and standby positions for the cast. Schedule depends upon possible openings. Contracts run until May 1, 2016, with possible renewal for next season.
- Auditions: Sep 11 in Chicago, IL
Seeking replacement performers/actors for Feld Entertainment's live, touring, arena stunt spectacular, "Marvel Universe Live!" This show features dozens of the beloved Marvel heroes and villains in non-stop action. Of particular interest are performers with a strong background in either stunts or theatrical fighting. Additional desirable skills include: gymnastics, acrobatics, tricking, ...Tuesday
- Season rehearses and performs in Cincinnati, OH.
- Auditions: Aug 31 in Cincinnati, OH
Casting the Diogenes Theatre Company's 2015-2016 Season. Productions are to be announced. Production 1 (Rehearsals begin Sept. 9; runs Oct. 6-17); Production 2 (Rehearsals begin Oct. 16; runs Nov. 10-22); Production 3 (Rehearsals begin Jan. 28, 2016; runs Feb. 23-Mar. 6); Production 4 (Rehearsals begin Apr. 22, 2016; runs May ...Monday
- Rehearses and performs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 31, Sep 1, 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting the American Theater Company's 2015-16 season. Season includes "Fulfillment" (Thomas Bradshaw, writer. Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; runs Nov. 6-Dec. 13); "Bruise Easy" (Dan LeFranc, writer. Rehearsals begin Dec. 11; runs Jan. 7-Feb. 14, 2016); and "Kill Floor" (Abe Koogler, writer. Rehearsals begin Feb. 26, 2016; runs Mar. 25-May 1).Monday
- Rehearsals begin around September 6, in Palatine, IL. Runs October 17-November 1.
- Auditions: Sep 1, 2, 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Rocky Horror Show," a musical. Project description: "A humorous tribute to the science fiction and horror B movies of the 1940-1970's which spawned the film version that created the cult classic genre. It tells the story of a newly engaged couple getting caught in a storm and coming ...Monday
- Performances run December 4-13, in Chicago Heights, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 16, 17 in Chicago Heights, IL
Casting "Heaven Can Wait," a musical. Project description: "Boxer Joe Pendleton, flying to his next fight, crashes and is sent to the Hereafter…sixty years too soon! To make matters worse, before the matter can be rectified by heavenly supervisor Mr. Jordan, his body is cremated. Instead, Joe is given the ...Monday