Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Runs Jan. 8-Mar. 15, 2015 in Detroit, MI.
- Auditions: Nov 17 in Detroit, MI
Casting "Sweet Pea's Mama."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin May 19; runs July 3-Aug. 8, 2015 in Normal, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting the Illinois Shakespeare Festival 2015 Season. Season includes "Richard II" (Robert Quinlan, dir.), "Love's Labour's Lost" (Curt Tofteland, dir.), and "Love's Labour's Won" (Sara Becker, dir.).yesterday
- Rehearsals will begin the week of April 13. The Show runs from Late-May through the beginning of July 2015 in Chicago, IL, and then will be remounted for a one-week run in Mid-August in Naperville, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Tartuffe," a play. Project description: "Orgon is a man of property duped by the false piety of the penniless Tartuffe. Orgon takes him into his house, believing him a paragon of virtue. Orgon orders his daughter to reject her fiancé and marry Tartuffe. First Dorine, the family servant, tries ...Thursday
- One reading on a Monday night in November (either 10, 17 or 24) with one or two rehearsals, in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Play for Keeps," a play reading.Thursday
- Rehearsals December 27-January 10 in St. Charles, IL. Tech/Final Dress January 11, 13, 14. Previews January 15-23. Opens January 24. Closes March 8. Matinees: Thursday @ 2 PM: January 29, February 12, 19, March 5. Fridays & Saturdays @ 8pm, Sundays @ 2pm.
- Auditions: Oct 31 in St. Charles, IL
Casting "No Way to Treat a Lady," a musical. Project description: "This theatrically charged musical comedy thriller about a publicity crazed actor turned killer and the endearing detective who pursues him is based on the best selling novel that became a renowned movie. It is a devilish blend of humor, ...Thursday
- Three weekday evening rehearsals per week in Chicago, IL. One afternoon rehearsal Sundays beginning mid-January. Tech Week: March 8-12. Shows March 13-15.
- Auditions: Nov 15, 16 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Yeomen of the Guard, or the Merryman and His Maid," a musical. Project description: "Revered as the most tragic and complex work of the Gilbert & Sullivan canon, The Yeomen of the Guard is one of the final collaborations between the legendary duo. Set in the Tower of ...Thursday
- "The Odd Couple" rehearsals beginning in December in Glenview, IL. Runs January 8th-February 22nd. "Lone Star" and "Laundry in Bourbon" rehearsals beginning in January. Runs March 5th-April 19th. "Later Life" by A.R. Gurney, rehearsals beginning in March. Runs April 30th-June 14th.
- Auditions: Nov 1 in Glenview, IL
Oil Lamp Theater is holding open auditions for its 2015 season, including the plays "The Odd Couple" by Neil Simon, "Lone Star" and "Laundry in Bourbon" by James McLure, and "Later Life" by A.R. Gurney.Thursday
- Shows in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 17, 19, 20, 23 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Titus Andronicus," a play. Project description: "Using one of Shakespeare's most notoriously violent and uneven plays, The Home for Wayward Artists is producing a fully immersive, devised piece based on the themes and characters of 'Titus Andronicus.' This project will be an intense, extended study of the multifaceted story ...Thursday
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 22; runs Jan. 8-Feb. 22, 2015 ("The Sensational 70s"). Rehearsals begin Feb. 9, 2015; runs Feb. 26, 2015-Apr. 19, 2015 ("The Wizard of Oz"). Performances take place in Fort Atkinson, WI.
- Auditions: Nov 17 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Wizard of Oz" & "The Sensational 70s."Thursday
- Rehearses January 19-29, Monday-Friday, 12-5pm, with staggered call times, in Highland Park, IL. January 30: Daytime tech. Show January 31: 6pm Call; 8pm Curtain.
- Auditions: Oct 27 in Highland Park, IL
Casting "Oscar & Richard & Joe," a musical. Project description: "an evening about Rogers & Hammerstein's 'Allegro.' After Rodgers and Hammerstein turned Broadway's spotlight on themselves with the immense popularity of Oklahoma! and Carousel, the legendary music-and-lyrics tandem undertook a revolutionary new musical, 'Allegro.' The show sharply divided critics, but ...Thursday