Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Fall season runs Sept. 18-19 thru Dec. 19-20. There will be no shows Halloween weekend or Thanksgiving weekend. Cast meetings will be once a month. Shows run every Friday and Saturday night at 10:30-11:30 p.m. Call time is 10 p.m. and the show typically runs late.
- Auditions: Sep 9 in Chicago, IL
Seeking full-time cast members for the eighth season of "Thirsty: The Premier Improv Drinking Party" at the Apollo Studio Theater.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin September 10. Opens November 21, 2015. There will be up to five performances per week through January 3, 2016. No performances on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years Day. The production schedule will observe the Jewish High Holidays calendar. All performances will be at Theater Wit, 1229 W Belmont Avenue, Chicago, IL. 60657
- Auditions: Sep 10, 13 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Angina Pectoris," a play. Project description: "A comedy that posits the ridiculous, and (of course) antics definitely ensue. But the humorous situations help to uncover deeper issues and, in so doing, identity in a wider and multicultural context is explored."Friday
- Rehearses evenings & some weekends, October 26-December 11, at Li'l Buds' Edgewater Studio. Show runs December 12-27, on Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., with one Monday evening performance on December 21, at Theo Ubique's No Exit Café, 6970 N Glenwood Ave, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 21 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Tinsel! The Musical." Project description: "The story of a nearsighted reindeer's rise from life as a clumsy waitress in Frosty's diner to being a famous recording artist. 'Tinsel! The Musical' will put the star on top of your holiday season with its unique blend of country, jazz, blues, and ...Thursday
- Rehearsals begin September 28. The show runs November 6-21, in Cicero, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 1 in Cicero, IL
Casting "Dracula," a play. Project description: "Lucy Seward, whose father is the doctor in charge of an English sanatorium, has been attacked by some mysterious illness. Dr.Van Helsing, a specialist, believes that the girl is the victim of a vampire, a sort of ghost that goes about at night sucking ...Thursday
- Runs at The Public House Theatre, 3914 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60613.
- Auditions: Sep 22, 23, 27 in Chicago, IL
Seeking actors for The Public House Theatre's 2015-2016 Ensemble. The Public House Theatre in Lakeview is home to some of Chicago’s finest sketch comedy and theatre. They’re seeking a few powerfully creative minds to join the ensemble that creates, writes, directs, and performs in the majority of their productions. Now ...Thursday
- Rehearses Nov. 5; runs Nov. 18-Dec. 23 in Oakbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Oakbrook, IL
Casting "A Christmas Carol," a play.Thursday
- Rehearsals will begin mid-October (most rehearsals will be held on Tues., Thurs., and Fri. evenings, with some rehearsals on Sat. mornings and afternoons; not everyone will be called to every rehearsal). There will be a full week break for Thanksgiving. Tech rehearsals begin Nov. 30. Performs Dec. 11, 12, 18, & 19 (evenings). All performances held in the new state-of-the-art auditorium at Community Christian Church (The Yellow Box), 1635 Emerson Ln., Naperville, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 12, 13 in Naperville, IL
Casting "Let it Be Christmas," a rock-opera Nativity Story, telling "the greatest story of all time, with the greatest music of all time." Synopsis: Follow Joseph and Mary down the "Long and Winding Road" to Bethlehem as they bring this "Beautiful Boy" into the world to offer salvation to all ...Thursday
- Runs Nov. 5-Dec. 27 in Detroit, MI.
- Auditions: Sep 21, 22 in Detroit, MI
Seeking male and female actors for the upcoming production of "Herb the Green Knight," a play.Thursday
- Rehearses Sept. 23-Nov. 5 (Mon.-Thurs., 7-10 p.m., until Oct. 12, when rehearsals run Mon.-Fri., 7-10 p.m.) at The Unity Community Center, 1212 W. Balmoral, Chicago, IL; runs Nov. 6-Dec. 20 at The Royal George Theatre, Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 16 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Animal Acts!: An Animal Burlesque on the State of the Human Condition," a musical. Synopsis: "Animal Acts!" features ten twisted animals who have come with a message from on high about how humans treat themselves and the other inhabitants of this "One World." This is a world premier of ...Thursday
- Rehearses Sept. 21-Nov. 11 (Mon.-Fri., 6:30-10:30 p.m.); runs Nov. 13-Jan. 3 at Creative Arts Foundation, 7558 S. South Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 1 in Chicago, IL
Seeking one strong African American dramatic female actress for "Repairing A Nation," a play. Synopsis: Lois Davis’ family suffered tremendous losses throughout the burning of “Black Wall Street” during the Tulsa Race Riots of 1921. Eighty years later, she pressures her family to join a class-action suit for reparations; she ...Tuesday
- Currently casting replacement and standby positions for the cast. Schedule depends upon possible openings. Contracts run until May 1, 2016, with possible renewal for next season.
- Auditions: Sep 11 in Chicago, IL
Seeking replacement performers/actors for Feld Entertainment's live, touring, arena stunt spectacular, "Marvel Universe Live!" This show features dozens of the beloved Marvel heroes and villains in non-stop action. Of particular interest are performers with a strong background in either stunts or theatrical fighting. Additional desirable skills include: gymnastics, acrobatics, tricking, ...Tuesday
- Rehearses and performs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 1, 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting the American Theater Company's 2015-16 season. Season includes "Fulfillment" (Thomas Bradshaw, writer. Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; runs Nov. 6-Dec. 13); "Bruise Easy" (Dan LeFranc, writer. Rehearsals begin Dec. 11; runs Jan. 7-Feb. 14, 2016); and "Kill Floor" (Abe Koogler, writer. Rehearsals begin Feb. 26, 2016; runs Mar. 25-May 1).Aug 24
- Rehearsals begin around September 6, in Palatine, IL. Runs October 17-November 1.
- Auditions: Sep 1, 2, 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Rocky Horror Show," a musical. Project description: "A humorous tribute to the science fiction and horror B movies of the 1940-1970's which spawned the film version that created the cult classic genre. It tells the story of a newly engaged couple getting caught in a storm and coming ...Aug 24