Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 28, 2016; runs Feb. 18-Mar. 20, 2016 in Munster, IN.
- Auditions: Oct 13 in Munster, IN
Casting "The 39 Steps."Friday
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 14; runs Jan. 22-Mar. 6, 2016 in All Performance will be at the Den Theater, 1329 N. Milwaukee Ave, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting the role of Jim in "The Glass Menagerie."Wednesday
- Debuts Oct. 20 in Chicago, IL. Future dates and locations TBD. Tickets on sale now: $25/each. Purchase here: http://bit.ly/1LkXx7S.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Seeking participants for a confidential musical theater project. Producers state: "We choose a show that doesn't get done very often, but should. Actors submit online, and we cast the show with the best performers possible (regardless of age, race, body type, or gender). We ask the actors not to reveal ...Sep 24
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 5, 2016; previews begin Jan. 28; runs Jan. 30-Feb. 21 in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Auditions: Oct 7 in Ann Arbor, MI
Casting "The Electric Baby," a play.Sep 24
- Runs January 15-February 6, 2016, in Glen Ellyn, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 18, 20 in Glen Ellyn, IL
Casting "Doubt, A Parable," a play. Project description: "In this brilliant and powerful drama, Sister Aloysius takes matters into her own hands when she suspects the young Father Flynn of improper relations with one of the male students at her Bronx school."Sep 24
- Rehearsals begin November 30, 2015. Performances run January 22-February 21, 2016, in Oak Park, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 5 in Oak Park, IL
Casting "[title of show]," a musical. Project description: "A musical about its own journey from inception to opening night on Broadway. It's about four friends. It's about how those friendships are tested and changed when life happens, when new opportunities are revealed. It's about not being afraid to dream out ...Sep 23
- Rehearsals begin March 7, 2016. Performances run April 12-May 15 (with a possible extension to May 22), 2016, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 18 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Dreamgirls," a musical. Project description: "A trio of black female soul singers cross over to the pop charts in the early 1960's, facing their own personal struggles along the way."Sep 23
- Shows during school hours at elementary schools throughout the Chicago area.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Sally Ride," a play. Project description: "A one-woman show for children, about the female astronaut."Sep 23
- Rehearsal begin early January, 2016. Performances run February 12-March 13, 2016, in Lake Forest, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 4 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Educating Rita," a play. Project description: "Frank is an English tutor who has turned to drink as he feels his life trending downward. Rita is a sassy young hairdresser who is eager to learn. In 'Educating Rita,' these two radically different characters are transformed through their interaction with one ...Sep 23
- Season rehearses and performs May 9-Oct. 29, 2016 in Cedar City, UT. Contract dates vary depending on the production.
- Auditions: Oct 5 in Chicago, IL
Casting the Utah Shakespeare Festival's 2016 season. Utah Shakespeare Festival operates in a rotating repertory schedule across three venues. Season includes "Much Ado About Nothing," "Henry V," "The Three Musketeers," "Cocoanuts," "Murder for Two," "The Odd Couple," "Mary Poppins," and "Julius Caesar."Sep 22
- Rehearses & runs Apr. 4-May 22, 2016 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 13, 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting AGMA/Equity/nonunion singers & dancers for "The King and I."Sep 22
- Orientation Oct. 16 (6:30 p.m.); rehearses Oct. 19-Nov. 19 (weeknights 6-10 p.m.; weekends TBD); runs Nov. 20, Dec. 1-3, 8-10, and 14-17 (3-8 p.m.); Nov. 21, 27, and Dec. 4-6, 11-13, and 18-23 (10 a.m.-8 p.m.); Nov. 28 (Winterfest; 10 a.m.-9 p.m.). Nov. 22 & 29 (11 a.m.-7 p.m.), and Dec. 24 (10 a.m.-3 p.m.) in Cleveland, OH.
- Auditions: Oct 10, 11, 12 in Cleveland, OH
Casting Kringle’s Inventionasium®, a 60-minute, fully immersive, interactive theatrical experience developed in Cleveland by the Mr. Kringle® Company, LLC in association with the Mr. Kringle® Licensing Group. Description: The Inventionasium is Mr. Kringle's top-secret inventing laboratory. Guests tour different departments, explore each area, and engage in hands-on activities to help ...Sep 19