Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Rehearsals begin May 4. Show runs weekends, June 21-August 10, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 28 in Chicago, IL
Casting Bard in the Parks 2014 Tour of William Shakespeare's "The Two Gentlemen of Verona." Project description: "In 16th Century Italy, two inseparable friends suddenly become rivals for the love of a noblewoman."Apr 07
- Rehearsals begin June 1. Performances run July 10 through July 27, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 4, 5, 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Dead Man's Cell Phone," a play by Sarah Ruhl. Project description: "A comedy about how we memorialize the dead-and how that remembering changes us-it is the odyssey of a woman forced to confront her own assumptions about morality, redemption, and the need to connect in a technologically obsessed world."Apr 07
- Rehearsals begin June 1. Performances run July 11-20 in Naperville, IL.
- Auditions: May 3 in Naperville, IL and May 5 in Naperville, IL
Casting "9 to 5: The Musical," based on the 1980 hit movie "Nine to Five." Pushed to the boiling point by their supervisor, three female co-workers concoct a plan to get even with the sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot they call their boss.Apr 07
- Rehearsals begin April 28 in Downers Grove; runs June 13-29 in Naperville, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Naperville, IL
Casting the 1998 revival version of "Cabaret," a musical. Project description: "A female girlie club entertainer in Weimar Republic era Berlin romances two men while the Nazi Party rises to power around them."Apr 07
- Rehearsals begin in January 2015. Performances begin February 19, 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 18 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Glass Protege," the American premiere of a play by Dylan Costello. Project description: "Set in Hollywood in 1949, during the era of stifling movie production restraints and stars kept under oppressive control by their bosses, young British actor Patrick Glass feels the full force of the studios' brute ...Apr 04
- Shows Sunday-Thursday, July 21-Aug. 30 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 26 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The House of Mirth," an adaptation of Edith Wharton's classic novel. Project description: "This moving play vividly brings to the stage Lily Bart's flamboyant progress through the glorious whirl of New York's high society, circa 1905, and her tragic fall. The satirical love story is staged as a series ...Apr 04
- Performances run August 1-10 in Chicago Heights, IL.
- Auditions: May 7, 10 in Chicago Heights, IL
Casting "Reefer Madness," a musical. Project description: "A campy, musical is based on the 1936 'propaganda' cult movie classic of the same title. Young Jimmy Harper finds his life of promise turn into a life of debauchery and murder thanks to the new drug menace - marijuana. Along the way ...Apr 04
- Rehearses weeknights, 6-10 p.m. beginning begin May 11. Performances run July 25-27 in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Lost in Time," a play about a young woman visiting her past one last time before it is completely thrown away.Apr 04
- Rehearsals begin the week of June 9th. Performances run July 31st through August 24th, at the Athenaeum Theatre.
- Auditions: Apr 21, 22, 23 in Chicago, IL
Casting the play "Half Price Cosmos," about eight strangers who meet one night in a bar and find themselves in an unexpectedly heated discussion.Mar 28
- Rehearsals start in July. Performances run September 16-November 15, in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "All My Sons," Arthur Miller's classic, about Joe Keller, a successful, middle-aged, self-made man who has done a terrible and tragic thing. He framed his business partner for a crime and engineered his own exoneration. Now, his son is about to marry the partner's daughter, the affair is revisited, ...Mar 29
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 26; season runs Sept. 19, 2014-May 10, 2015 in Indianapolis, IN.
- Auditions: Apr 17, 18 in Indianapolis, IN
Casting the Indiana Repertory Theatre season. Season includes "Two Gentleman of Verona" (Rehearsals begin Aug. 19; runs Sept. 16-Oct. 19), "Red" (Rehearsals begin Sept. 23; runs Oct. 11-14), "Good People" (Rehearsals begin Dec. 31; runs Jan. 7-Feb. 1, 2015), "The Hound of the Baskervilles" (Rehearsals begin Jan. 27, 2015; runs ...Mar 28
- Rehearsals vary; casting for various productions throughout the 2014-2015 Season.
- Auditions: Apr 28, 29 in Rochester, MI
Seeking performers for the Second Annual Michigan Equity Theatre Alliance Conference & Unified Auditions.Mar 26
- Season runs Aug. 2014-Feb. 2015 in Louisville, KY.
- Auditions: Apr 24, 25 in Chicago, IL
The Actors Theatre of Louisville is casting its 2014 season. Shows include: "Dracula" (Bill McNulty, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 14; runs Sept. 21-Oct. 13); "A Christmas Carol" (Drew Fracher, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 29; runs Nov. 28-Dec. 23); and "The Brothers Size" (Tarell Alvin McCraney, writer. Rehearsals begin Dec. 9, ...Mar 25
- Season runs Aug. 2014-Aug. 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 18 in Chicago, IL
Casting the 2014-15 season of Steppenwolf Theatre. Shows include: "The Night Alive" (Conor McPherson, writer; Henry Wishcamper, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 19; runs through Nov. 19); "Airline Highway" (Lisa D'Amour, writer; Joe mantello, dir. Rehearsals begin Nov. 4, 2014; runs through Feb. 8, 2015); "Marie Antoinette" (David Adjmi, writer; Robert ...Mar 25
- Rehearsal and reading takes place May 19.
- Seeking submissions from: Skokie, IL
Casting a reading for the play, ''Charm."Mar 23
- Rehearses June 2-July 16; runs July 17-Aug. 10 in Elm Grove, WI.
- Auditions: May 12, 13 in Elm Grove, WI
Casting "Gypsy," a musical. Project description: "Based on the Broadway hit about the life and times of burlesque dancer Gypsy Rose Lee and her aggressive stage mother, Mama Rose."Dec 31