Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Rehearses evenings & weekends, beginning mid-January. Runs March 13-15, 2015, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 15, 16 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Yeomen of the Guard, or the Merryman and His Maid," a musical. Project description: "Revered as the most tragic and complex work of the Gilbert & Sullivan canon, The Yeomen of the Guard is one of the final collaborations between the legendary duo. Set in the Tower of ...Oct 23
- "The Odd Couple" rehearsals begin this December, and runs January 8-February 22, 2015. "Lone Star" and "Laundry in Bourbon" rehearsals begin January 2015, and runs March 5-April 19, 2015. "Later Life" rehearsals begin in March, and runs April 30-June 14, 2015. All in Glenview, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 1 in Glenview, IL
Oil Lamp Theater is holding open auditions for its 2015 season, including the plays "The Odd Couple" by Neil Simon, "Lone Star" and "Laundry in Bourbon" by James McLure, and "Later Life" by A.R. Gurney.Oct 23
- Shows in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 17, 19, 20, 23 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Titus Andronicus," a play. Project description: "Using one of Shakespeare's most notoriously violent and uneven plays, The Home for Wayward Artists is producing a fully immersive, devised piece based on the themes and characters of 'Titus Andronicus.'" Producers state: "This project will be an intense, extended study of the ...Oct 23
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 22; runs Jan. 8-Feb. 22, 2015 ("The Sensational 70s"). Rehearsals begin Feb. 9, 2015; runs Feb. 26, 2015-Apr. 19, 2015 ("The Wizard of Oz"). Performances take place in Fort Atkinson, WI.
- Auditions: Nov 17 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Wizard of Oz" & "The Sensational 70s."Oct 23
- Rehearses June 14-21 (must arrive June 14; rehearsals begin June 15 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs June 26 & 27 (7 p.m.); depart June 28. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Dec 5 in Toledo, OH and Dec 6 in Detroit, MI and Dec 7 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Annie," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are also additional performing ...Oct 22
- Contracts run May 11–Sept. 5, 2015 (summer season); May 11-Oct. 31, 2015 (summer/fall season); and Aug. 17–Oct. 31, 2015 (fall season) in Cedar City, UT.
- Auditions: Nov 10 in Chicago, IL
Seeking male and female actors for Utah Shakespeare Festival's summer/fall season of rotating repertory productions. Season includes "Charley's Aunt" (Brandon Thomas, writer); "Amadeus" (Peter Shaffer, writer); Rodgers and Hammerstein's "South Pacific;" Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew;" Shakespeare's "Henry the Fourth Part Two;" Shakespeare's "King Lear;" "Dracula" (Steven Dietz, writer); ...Oct 18
- Rehearses in early 2015 for tour dates beginning in the spring.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY
Casting "An Evening with C.S. Lewis", a one-man touring production based on the life of Clive Staples Lewis, the acclaimed author of The Chronicles of Narnia.Oct 16
- Performances run March 13-15 & 20-22, 2015, in Deerfield, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 10, 13 in Deerfield, IL
Casting the play, "Barefoot in the Park," a comedy. Project description: "Newlyweds Corie and Paul begin married life in a tiny 5th floor walkup apartment in a mid-Manhattan brownstone. Paul is a strait-laced attorney, while Corie is a far more spontaneous free spirit. The young couple must contend with a ...Oct 14
- Rehearses weeknights, December 1-18, 2014 and January 5-February 5, 2015. Runs February 13-22, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 10, 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Tragedy of Lear," a play. Project description: "A fully gender-swapped adaptation of Shakespeare's 'King Lear,' exploring jealousy, loyalty, dementia, violence, and gender representation in 'classical' theater.Oct 14
- Rehearsals begin December. Runs February 14-March 15, 2015, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 14, 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Baby with the Bathwater," a play. Project description: "Helen and John, unprepared for parenthood, can’t seem to name the baby. John says it’s a boy, Helen says they can decide later. Follow John, Helen, and Daisy – a polite, confused young man - through his years of therapy."Oct 13
- "Crazy for You" rehearsals begin Jan. 31, 2015; runs Feb. 12-Apr. 4. "The Drowsy Chaperone" rehearsals begin Mar. 28; runs Apr. 9-May 10 in Indianapolis, IN.
- Auditions: Nov 8 in Carmel, IN
Casting "Crazy for You" (George Gershwin, music; Ira Gershwin, lyrics; Ken Ludwig, book; Eddie Curry, dir.; Ron Morgan, choreo.; Terry Woods, musical dir.; Ed Stockman, stage mgr.) and "The Drowsy Chaperone" (Lisa Lambert and Greg Morrison, music and lyrics; Bob Martin and Don McKellar, book; Ron Morgan, dir.-choreo.; Kristy Templet, ...Oct 09
- Shows run January 9-February 8, 2015, in St. Charles, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 2 in St. Charles, IL
Casting "Veronica's Room," a play. Project description: "A psychological thriller by Ira Levin (author of 'Deathtrap' and 'Rosemary's Baby'). It is 1973. College Students Susan and Larry are invited to a New England Mansion by its caretakers. Susan is encouraged to impersonate Veronica, a long dead daughter of the family, ...Oct 09
- Weekday performance availability and a flexible work schedule is required for all shows.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
GreatWorks is casting for its upcoming roster of 14 touring productions for grade school and middle school audiences, including "Rolling Thunder," "Hear My Cry," "The Ugly Duckling," and an improv-style history of America called, "50 States in 60 Minutes."Oct 09