Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Rehearsals begin in mid-March 2015. Shows run April 24-May 10, 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Skokie, IL
Casting "Oleanna," a play. Project description: "Student Carol visits professor John to discuss how she failed his course but the discussion takes an awkward turn."Dec 07
- Rehearsals in Wilmette and Winnetka, IL. Shows run April 24-May 9, 2015 in Des Plaines, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Winnetka, IL
Casting "Hair," a musical. Project description: "The story of a tribe of passionate, politically active hippies who confront the Vietnam War, free love, racism, societal values and their place in the world of the turbulent 1960's."Dec 07
- Runs December 2014-May 2015, in Madison, WI-area schools.
- Seeking submissions from: Madison, WI
Casting "Freedom Summer," an interactive theater event for the Civil Rights Arts Project based on the 1964 Mississippi Summer Project, when nearly 1,000 college students went to Mississippi to help African Americans secure their voting rights. Synopsis: This new play explores the tensions within the project and the challenges faced ...Dec 06
- auditions are Jan. 31 & Feb. 1 (must be present); rehearsals require tech most evenings (6-10 p.m.); tech is Saturdays (Sundays optional) (9:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.); performances are Mar. 4 (3 p.m.), Mar. 5-7 (7 p.m.).
- Seeking submissions from: Lake Forest, IL
Seeking a Talent Show Director for Lake Forest Community High School.Dec 05
- This is an ongoing, year-round, part-time gig in Detroit, MI.
- Seeking submissions from: Detroit, MI
Seeking actors to portray characters in an ongoing interactive theater production of "Trapped In A Room With A Zombie," a suspenseful comedy that is currently playing throughout the entire United States.Dec 04
- Rehearsals begin the week of January 12, 2015. Performances run March 6-15, 2015 in Wilmette, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Wilmette, IL
Casting "All Shook Up," a jukebox musical featuring the songs of Elvis Presley. Project description: "Book by Joe DiPietro. The story is based on William Shakespeare's play 'Twelfth Night.'"Dec 02
- Shows are held year-round in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Seeking submissions from: Grand Rapids, MI
Seeking a local theatrical director to manage the Grand Rapids troupe of The Murder Mystery Company. Company states: "We are known around the states for our unique combination of improv and audience interaction."Dec 02
- "Forum" rehearsals begin March 16; runs April 17-May 24, 2015 in Chicago, IL. "Mack & Mabel" rehearsals begin May 2; runs May 12-13, 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 22 in Chicago, IL
Porchlight Musical Theatre is casting the musicals "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" and "Mack & Mabel." Project description: "In 'Forum,' a wily slave must unite a virgin courtesan and his young smitten master to earn his freedom. In 'Mack & Mabel,' the tumultuous romantic relationship ...Nov 28
- Rehearsals begin the first week of January 2015. Show runs weekends through April 12, 2015, in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Jesus Christ Superstar," a musical about the last few weeks of Christ's life.Nov 28
- Job starts Aug. 15, 2015 in Cincinnati, OH. The University currently operates on a semester system.
- Seeking submissions from: Cincinnati, OH
Seeking a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor faculty appointment within the Drama Department of the Division of Theatre Arts, Production and Arts Administration (TAPAA) for the The University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM). CCM Drama offers undergraduate training to students who earn the BFA in Dramatic Performance, and annually produces ...Nov 26
- Dates of productions vary between the participating theaters/producers.
- Auditions: Mar 14, 15 in St. Paul, MN
Seeking actors for the 2015 Twin Cities Unified Theatre Auditions.Nov 13
- Performs one night in 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Chrysanthemums," a play. Project description: "Various reenactments of specific scenes from a few old films. This performance will not be much like a traditional or even experimental theatrical experience, but rather will be a hyrbidized-theatrical experience within the context of contemporary art discourse. In other words, this opportunity gives ...Nov 05