Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Shows run November 14-December 7 in Wheaton, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 20, 21, 22 in Wheaton, IL
Casting "The Secret Garden," a play. Project description: In his rambling manor house in 1906 England, widower Archibald Craven yearns for his beautiful wife. He blames his son, Colin, for her death and has isolated and neglected the boy. Young Mary Lennox comes to live with them after her parents’ ...Jul 13
- Rehearses at the Highland Park Community House located at 1991 Sheridan Rd, Highland Park, IL; "The Marvelous Music of Mother Goose" will tour to daycares and libraries throughout the North Shore; "Mini-Masterpieces" performs at the Highland Park Community House, Round Lake Beach Cultural, and Civic Center in IL.
- Auditions: Sep 8, 9 in Highland Park, IL
Casting ImprovPlayhouse's Theatre For Young Audiences program for its fall season. Season includes The Marvelous Music of Mother Goose" and "Mini-Masterpieces". Casting Director states: "'Mini-Masterpieces' is our fall straight play consisting of five adaptations of classic short stories including works by Mark Twain and Edgar Allen Poe. 'The Marvelous Music ...Aug 06
- Rehearsals begin in September for an October opening in downtown Chicago, IL; candidates should have a flexible schedule.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Seeking energetic, engaging performers to guide guests through a brand-new experience in 3D printing technology. Guides will host stage shows/workshops, give guided tours, interact with guests, and be representatives/brand ambassadors. A knowledge of 3D printing is a plus, but not required. Improv, theater, retail, customer service, and/or guest relations experience ...Aug 05
- Rehearses June 14-21 (must arrive June 14; rehearsals begin June 15 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs June 26 & 27 (7 p.m.); depart June 28. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Sep 20 in New York, NY and Sep 27 in Nashville, TN and Oct 25 in Redding, CA and Dec 6 in Toledo, OH and Dec 7 in Detroit, MI and Dec 8 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Annie," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are also additional performing ...Jul 24
- Rehearsals begin the fourth week of September and are generally scheduled for two-three evenings/week, Mon.-Fri., based on actor availability; performs Nov. 7, 8, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, and 22 (Thurs. at 7:30 p.m.; Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m.; Sun. at 2 p.m.) in Clarkston, MI.
- Auditions: Sep 7, 8 in Clarkston, MI
Casting "Fool for Love," a dark drama with adult themes by award-winning playwright Sam Shepard. Synopsis: The scene is a stark motel room at the edge of the Mojave Desert. May, a disheveled young woman, sits dejectedly on a rumpled bed while Eddie, a rough-spoken rodeo performer, crouches in a ...Jul 15
- Shows are ongoing in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting for "Blue Man Group," a theatrical performance. Project description: "Best known for multimedia performances that feature three bald and blue characters, 'Blue Man Group' is theater, ritual, performance art, comedy, rock music and dance party all rolled into one."May 27